Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Remembering semi obscure old FT posters

So much bad news in this part of the forum so I thought I'd try to lighten the mood with a nostalgic look back at some of the unsung heroes of Foxestalk. I'm kind of hoping Finnegan contributes because I like Finners and he's having a rough old time of it. Pretty sure he's got a good memory for the old days on here.

I'll get started... who remembers BartonFox? Great poster - sharp wit coupled with absolutely brutal put downs. Quick search suggests he disappeared after claiming to be ITK on the Martin Allen sacking before getting it colossally wrong - out with a bang though, as it should be. Less obscure but also a fantastic poster of his day was Nationwider. Seemed like a great guy. Maybe this thread will tempt some of them out of the shadows.

• Like 1

Zingari once accused me of inciting violence at a football match because I stood up at the back of the Kop despite being asked by stewards to be seated. Apart from that little indiscretion he was a top poster

I am terrible at remembering user names. There have been hundreds of good posters over the years. Don't see much of these early members anymore: Cobbo, Scow(croft), Lisa, Benji, Wellman, TrickyTrev, Katy list goes on.

Seem to remember Lukeh was one of the early 'controversial' posters (read: he was a bit of a pr*ck). Would love to say I miss him, Chandler and Radovan... :P

16 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

John the big steader.

What happened to Tincy?!

Tincy was comedy gold without meaning to be,I couldn't keep up with his stories even if it was BS.

JTBS got too much credit for being the most unfunny person on here.People thought he was hilarious for saying things like "Big dogs cock"

where as a there are some very clever people with wit on here.The thinking mans comedy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

FoxyPV and Nathko Darkovic sorely missed. 

was foxypv the Irish one who married his teacher? can't remember anything else he posted or if he was a good poster or not but had bare respect for that story. 

• Like 2