Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eddylcfc

What is our best team?

Some of these lineups look awesome! It's worth jotting down the 'second eleven' cos that looks mighty strong too!

It's a real shame that we will start the season with 3 defeats in 4 games (as many losses as the whole premiership winning season) and will simply not be able to mount a challenge for the top eight from the starting position of the bottom  three.

Gee thanks Fixture Computer - totally f****d our entire season.

4 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Some of these lineups look awesome! It's worth jotting down the 'second eleven' cos that looks mighty strong too!

It's a real shame that we will start the season with 3 defeats in 4 games (as many losses as the whole premiership winning season) and will simply not be able to mount a challenge for the top eight from the starting position of the bottom  three.

Gee thanks Fixture Computer - totally f****d our entire season.

I disagree with the challenge comment - I still think top eight is achievable for us despite our fixture list.

3412/41212

schmeichel

dragovic            Maguire

Iborra

albrighton   Ndidi      Silva     Chilwell

Mahrez 

iheanacho     vardy

i know this one looks odd but I could see Iborra playing that sort of Eric dier role playing just in front of the two centre halves and behind the midfield, it would give us a lot of options in terms of creativity compared to a conventional back three with Huth, and could change to a back 4 easily with Chilwell and Albrighton dropping in from wing back

36 minutes ago, Lcfcrory said:

3412/41212

schmeichel

dragovic            Maguire

Iborra

albrighton   Ndidi      Silva     Chilwell

Mahrez 

iheanacho     vardy

i know this one looks odd but I could see Iborra playing that sort of Eric dier role playing just in front of the two centre halves and behind the midfield, it would give us a lot of options in terms of creativity compared to a conventional back three with Huth, and could change to a back 4 easily with Chilwell and Albrighton dropping in from wing back

:jawdrop:

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We could even switch to a 3-5-2

.                         Kasper

Dragovic    Maguire    Fuchs 

Mahrez   Silva    Ndidi     Iborra   Gray

Iheanacho       Vardy

Steady on Lee, them wing backs look a bit suspect

3 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Steady on Lee, them wing backs look a bit suspect

Yeah I posted that in the other thread but it got lost in transition... Perhaps switching Silva and Ndidi in Lees formation would help but Gray and Mahrez as wingbacks?

Not for me. Silky skilled wingers they are but sulky unskilled whinge bags off the ball!

6 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Thats what I'd aim for. For me that side should be capable of finishing 5th/ 6th. 

It just depends on which Dragovic we have signed and how Silva copes with the pace of the Premiership!

Looks good on paper though. Some real talent and experience mixed with pace and youth.

5 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

You obviously didn't watch the Arsenal or Brighton home games this season re doesn't score?  Shinji is invaluable to our team he defends from the front works hard.  I would start him we always seem to play better when he is in the team.

Mate,  look at my profile pic. I'm a huge fan of him but generally he doesn't scoreven many. We would count 9n him to win us games. 

He has other qualities that we rely on and I don't nend them explained to me as I think he's the single most underrated player in our team

Some fine looking line ups proposed here, I just hope we can find a way of keeping them all together as we can only start 11....in particular the "talented" younger ones like Chilwell and Gray neither of which are good enough to be regular starters just yet imo . Testing times ahead for our management in keeping the squad happy between now and next transfer window. To progress I think we have to consider reducing starts for Fuchs, Huth, Okazaki, & Morgan and make them the "bit part" players this season.....also we need to reduce the constant stream of injuries.....I don't know how that could be achieved without maybe changing training procedures and getting more sports science support.

9 hours ago, sheffield_fox said:

Schmeichel (c)

Simpson

Huth

Maguire

Fuchs

Mahrez

Ndidi

Silva

Albrighton

Iheanacho

Vardy

That looks quality, especially with such depth on the bench. 

Kaspers a natural leader and I always think it's a waste having a keeper as a captain as they command the back 5 anyway. Plus they aren't really available to speak to the referee like someone at CB or CM would be. He's definitely captain material though. 

I don't think it is helpful to have a best team or a best formation.  I want a manager and players who are flexible.  I want the players and the formation to be picked based on the upcoming game.

We have sufficient depth and versatility in the squad now where we could play 3 or 4 at the back; play Wing-backs or full backs; play with 2 or 3 in the centre of midfield; go with a lone striker; play two up-top; go with a front three.

In some games Gray might be a better option and in others Albrighton.  Against some defences we may we may need Slimani, others the pace of Ihenacho, or the guile of Shinji.  Chilwell might be better suited in one game and Fuchs the next.

i don't want to see the same 11 play in the same formation every week.  I'm not saying tinker for the sake of it.  But home to Brighton and away to Man Utd are very different games and should be approached very differently.

A good manager using our squad the right way could do very well.  We'll see how Shakespeare does.

6 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Thanks Lcfcrory, I really appreciate your honesty, but you're sacked. 

Ok we'll call it 41212 lol

Schmeichel

albrighton dragovic Maguire Chilwell 

Iborra

Ndidi      Silva

Mahrez

Iheanacho      Vardy

does that look better for you?

On 02/09/2017 at 12:15, cityfanlee23 said:

We could even switch to a 3-5-2

.                         Kasper

Dragovic    Maguire    Fuchs 

Mahrez   Silva    Ndidi     Iborra   Gray

Iheanacho       Vardy

I like that lineup. :)

58 minutes ago, Lcfcrory said:

Ok we'll call it 41212 lol

Schmeichel

albrighton dragovic Maguire Chilwell 

Iborra

Ndidi      Silva

Mahrez

Iheanacho      Vardy

does that look better for you?

Midfield diamonds still scare the life out of me, but let's leave it there.

Excellent work Lcfcrory, well done and yes, it does look better. 

Archived