Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eddylcfc

What is our best team?

Gray - Vardy - Mahrez

Silva - Iborra - Ndidi

Chilwell - Maguire - Huth -Simpson

Schmeichel

I'd play that against lower/mid table sides, then against stronger opponents this

Vardy - Iheanacho

Albrighton - Ndidi - Silva - Mahrez

Fuchs - Maguire - Huth - Simpson

Schmeichel

We can transition mid game from 4-4-1-1 to 3-4-1-2 without any subs:

Schmeichel

Simpson, Maguire, Dragovic, Fuchs

Mahrez, Silva, Ndidi, Albrighton

Iheanacho

Vardy

Transition to 3-4-1-2:

Schmeichel

Simpson, Maguire, Dragovic

Albrighton, Silva, Ndidi, Fuchs

Mahrez

Vardy, Iheanacho

I really want to see this transition happen frequently during games, because it'll make us less one dimensional.

16 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Kasper

Simpson Dragovic  Maguire Fuchs

Silva  Niddi  Iborra           

Mahrez                  Iheanacho      

Vardy

This. Perhaps swop Silva and Niddi round to provide power and energy on the left thereby freeing up Mahrez. Is Iborra more likely to play just behind Silva and Niddi?

Overall = total football!

13 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

What a wonderful problem to have, and I'm thankful I'm not the one who has to solve it.

This! Best squad we've ever had. Quality all over the park with depth and options. We don't even know if Nacho, Iborra, Dragovic and Silva will be any good but the team is already promising. We could even change our formation or evolve our style with this squad. Don't expect that straight away but it's possible. 

I think we might see Iborra and Silva line up together, possibly with Ndidi at some point and that makes me really excited. This is the best technical set of players we've ever had in terms of being comfortable on the ball. We could create a lot more and still retain a threat on the break. 

We we are still in our tough run of games so let's not panic if after 8 games we are still near the bottom. We've got an incredibly exciting squad and hopefully we can do something great this season!

Alot of people dropping Okazaki but i can see him playing alot more games than you all think. 

I can see why people don't rate him as he doesn't scoreven or create a lot but I can also see why managers and coaches would like him as his graft and pressing allows other players in the team to perform better. 

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan/Huth Maguire Fuchs

Mahrez Iborra Silva Albrighton

Slimani Vardy

Ideally. Although we'd miss Okazaki's energy and relentlessness, maybe Slimani can emulate that style somehow.

Liked what he did against Sheffield United, in a second striker/attacking midfield role.

I genuinely think this is the best squad we have ever had (OK, OK, maybe not the best TEAM as we know who that honour goes to) and we seem to have options.  For the first time in a long time I cannot name our best team, or even our best formation (but in a positive way).  I think we will probably see 442 quite a bit and people need to be patient with Shakey and with the new players because we will probably ease them in but it would be nice to see us develop a more progressive style of play whilst not sacrificing what we do best (chase, harry, press, break, attack with speed).

I feel like Kasper, Maguire, Abrighton, Mahrez and Vardy NEED to be in our team but other than that, I genuinely think we have lots of options.  Even Ndidi I do not see as "MUST PICK".  If I had to pick a team for Chelsea (and everyone was fit) I would probably say....

Kasper

Simpson Maguire Huth Fuchs

Iborra

Ndidi      Silva

Mahrez                 Albrighton

Vardy

But then I really do like Okazaki and kinda just feel sad when he is not in the team and Iheanacho, James, Gray, Morgan, etc are all pushing hard for a start.  I think we look good.

X

12 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

442 Silva in for DD. Strong bench though

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Maguire Fuchs

Mahrez Ndidi Silva Albrighton

Okasaki

Vardy

Aye, could see this also.  Doubt we will change everything straight away.  Nice to have options. X

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Aye, could see this also.  Doubt we will change everything straight away.  Nice to have options. X

However, this is the team I would like to see

Schmeichel

Maguire Morgan Dragovic

Albrighton                                                Fuchs

Ndidi             Silva

Mahrez

Iheanacho           Vardy

4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Alot of people dropping Okazaki but i can see him playing alot more games than you all think. 

I can see why people don't rate him as he doesn't scoreven or create a lot but I can also see why managers and coaches would like him as his graft and pressing allows other players in the team to perform better. 

You obviously didn't watch the Arsenal or Brighton home games this season re doesn't score?  Shinji is invaluable to our team he defends from the front works hard.  I would start him we always seem to play better when he is in the team.

1 minute ago, suffolk fox said:

Dragovic?  untested at premier league level and a lot of Bayer fans didn't rate him.  Will be interesting to see if how and when he can make it in the premier league.  I hope he can make it, and proves to be a good signing but at the moment the jury is out.

I agree. I've been surprised people are putting him in their side too. I expect him to very much be a back-up option.

Whichever players play, if managed right, I think we have a team to challenge for the top 10.

With the balance of defensive and offensive players we have, we should trust in the talent we have, stop showing to much respect to the bigger boys, and believe in the talent we have, let them worry about what we can do to them.

For me, there's two options.

Either a 3-4-1-2/3-4-3

Schmeichel

Simpson - Maguire - Huth

Albrighton - NDidi - Silva - Fuchs

Mahrez

Slimani - Vardy

Let Mahrez have a free role to do basically whatever he pleases, Slimani should link up well with Riyad and Silva, and the balls into the box from the two wingbacks should be perfect for Slimani to get a head on or Jamie to make a run behind. When Maguire goes on one of his runs the wingbacks could drop back for cover if needed, but there's still plenty of options ahead of him. The other 2 CBs could easily have been changed for Morgan and Dragovic, but Morgan seems to be feeling the effects of his age with his back injuries and Dragovic is currently a bit of an unknown.

OR a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 similar to what we play currently

Schmeichel

Simpson - Maguire - Huth - Fuchs

Ndidi - Iborra

Mahrez - Iheanacho - Albrighton

Vardy

From what I've read, Iborra is a bit more defensive than Silva so I've swapped those, and otherwise its more or less what we play currently, with Kelechi in the Okazaki role.

4 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Whichever players play, if managed right, I think we have a team to challenge for the top 10.

With the balance of defensive and offensive players we have, we should trust in the talent we have, stop showing to much respect to the bigger boys, and believe in the talent we have, let them worry about what we can do to them.

this top post.  Let us hope Shakespeare realises this too.  In every game so far this season, bar Sheff Utd, we seem to be playing within ourselves, even Brighton at home we didn't appear to attack as much.  Second half against Brighton at home. who were very poor we rarely attacked.   If we are allowed to attack at pace and quickly we can hurt teams, if only the management could see this.

One other thing on this subject stop pulling everyone back for bloody corners.  We never have an outball if it goes straight to Schmeichel.  It allows the opposition to regroup and set up again deying us a quick break away which we are good at.

We have got ourselves into a position where we have positive problems, but potentially unresting problems.

In our squad we now have one of the best midfield youngsters this club has ever had (Ndidi) and the ex Sevilla and ex Lisbon captains, so who gets in to our midfield 2?

If we go with experience and play Iborra and Silva, will Ndidi be happy to sit out on the bench when he's good enough to get in the starting line up? 

If we go with a duo including Ndidi will Iborra or Silva be happy to sit on the bench? 

Do we go with a midfield 3 of Silva/Ndidi/Iborra, if so will Iheanacho want to rot on the bench given his potential? 

It's a good problem to have but could cause problems. 

What is your starting 11 and formation?

.                            Kasper

Simpson    Dragovic      Maguire     Fuchs 

Mahrez        Ndidi           Silva          Gray

Iheanacho  Vardy

.                           Kasper

Simpson    Dragovic       Maguire    Fuchs

Silva     Ndidi     Iborra 

Mahrez                                             Gray

Vardy

Feel like we have the players to change it up now and a midfield where we do not not have to rely on a striker dropping back and can allow Ndidi to get forward with the attack. 

Archived