Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eddylcfc

What is our best team?

Now that DD has left and Silva has likely joined, It has me thinking, what is our best team (when everyone is fully fit).

We've been hugely successful playing 4-4-2 but is it now time for a change? Do we need to adapt to get our new signings (Kelchi, Iborra, Dragovic and Silva) into the same side whilst also giving game time to Gray?

I can see us playing 442 until the new signings are fully integrated but then switching to 4-1-2-3:

Kasper

Simspon

Maguire

Huth/Dragovic

Fuchs

Iborra

Ndidi

Silva

Mahrez

Vardy

Gray

Interested to hear thoughts on formation and can we keep players happy?

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper

Maguire Morgan Dragovic

Albrighton Ndidi Silva Fuchs

Mahrez

Iheanacho Vardy

IMO that would be frightening to play against.

Agreed, but I would prefer Slim over Nacho, since Fuchs and Albrighton are both very skilled crossers. That way we could get the early lead, then lock the game and play counter attack with Vardy and Nacho's pace with Mahrez driving up the counter

Just now, Fox92 said:

Leave Simpson out? No thanks. 

He covers so much, even more so at the back post.

Just goes to show the strength in depth we've got now.

We've got players like Iborra, Chilwell, Okazaki, Slimani, Gray, James and Huth too. Some will be sitting out.

If silva really signed for us yet, I can't see him in 4-4-2 well. he's offer less defensive cover, and I'm not sure if he physically able to play in 2 central midfielder alone. This is so worrying

if we really wants to play 4-4-2, we must play okazaki to at least, gave him some help. so the lineup will be the same as our first 2 game, with him replacing james.

3-4-1-2 with simpson tucked in, or another cb to step in  looks reasonable as well. but mahrez must improve his workrate and defensive ability. and I have doubt with huth and morgan ability to play at wide central defender as this role needs some pace, since opposition wingers or fullback are likely to test them in the wide position. 

4-3-1-2 with albrighton as right back, Ndidi, Silva, Iborra as cm , mahrez in the hole, slim and vardy or nacho upfront , for me, is the best for this club. Albrighton got much more workrate and defensive ability compared to James Milner, whom now converted as left back. His crossing also awesome. with some training and adaptation, I can see he might make it great as right back. The wide central midfielder can help him as well.

here's my 4-3-1-2

SCHMEICHEL

ALBRIGHTON    MAGUIRRE   MORGAN/HUTH  FUCHS

NDIDI     SILVA    IBORRA

MAHREZ

SLIMANI    VARDY

I think we pretty much all know that we won't Shakey up the formation, we'll stick with our 4-4-2 (4-4-1-1) for a while yet and most starters are a given. There's no way we'll drop anyone unless they're badly out of form, or injured.

For me there's two questions (providing all players are fit):

Who starts alongside Ndidi: Iborra, James or Silva?

Who's Vardy's partner up front: Shinji or Ian Nacho?

Lots of options, for me Slimani is going to struggle to get game time if Iheanacho performs as expected, Gray might have to step in to take over from Mahrez if he is in a huff/embarrassed, and I don't see much game time for Shiji or James.

3-5-2

KS

Dragovic - Maguire - Morgan/Huth
Albrighton - Iborra - Ndidi - Silva - Chilwell
                         Vardy - Iheanacho

4-3-3
                              KS

Simpson - Maguire - Dragovic - Fuchs
               Iborra - Ndidi - Silva
       Mahrez - Iheanacho - Vardy

4-4-2

KS

Simpson - Maguire - Dragovic - Fuchs

Mahrez   -   Ndidi    -    Silva    - Albrighton
              Iheanacho - Vardy

Assuming it's always 442 because Leicester. 

Kasper 

Simpson Dragovic Maguire Fuchs 

Mahrez Silva Ndidi Albrighton 

Iheanacho 

Vardy 

Nacho out and Shinji in for tough games. AKCJ's 3412 does look nice but we probably won't play like that so it's no good even hoping tbh. 

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper

Maguire Morgan Dragovic

Albrighton Ndidi Silva Fuchs

Mahrez

Iheanacho Vardy

IMO that would be frightening to play against.

Struggling to find a weak link there...

Possibly Huth in for Morgan, for me- he's still an organiser, and the other 2 could benefit from having him alongside them.

Presuming Silva is done id like to see:

Kasper

Simpson, Dragovic, Maguire, Chilwell

Iborra

Silva, Ndidi

Mahrez, Iheanacho, Vardy

Getting our best players on the pitch with decent shape.

Chilwell to provide width on the left with mahrez wider on the right cutting in. Vardy and Iheanacho interchanging. Solid midfield trio with legs and creativity. Albrighton/Fuchs, Okazaki and Slimani can come on if needed to change shape and style.

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Kasper

Simpson Dragovic  Maguire Fuchs

Silva  Niddi  Iborra           

Mahrez                  Iheanacho      

Vardy

That's the one. I tell you what though we have a decent bench.

Archived