Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

The football world's fascination with Alex Ferguson is ridiculous.

He managed a team that were in a different "footballing" position to every other club in England. Like PSG in France today.

If anything it's amazing just how little Manchester won in Europe during his time.

Was he any better than Bob Paisley at Liverpool?

Personally think Brian clough was a far better manager.

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, FIF said:

The football world's fascination with Alex Ferguson is ridiculous.

He managed a team that were in a different "footballing" position to every other club in England. Like PSG in France today.

If anything it's amazing just how little Manchester won in Europe during his time.

Was he any better than Bob Paisley at Liverpool?

Personally think Brian clough was a far better manager.

Also one of the most malevolent cheats the game has ever seen. Something that seems to have been forgotten because he nearly died.

The pressure the likes of him and Keane put on referees was disgraceful and the FA should be ashamed they never stopped it.

Guest MattP
16 minutes ago, Xen said:

Full Englishes are overhyped, period.

Now that is unpopular. Nothing better than a full English, that taste of bacon, fried bread, egg and black pudding together. Magnificent. 

@Voll Blau is right that they crap hangover cures though, it's a hangover cure for people who don't really have a hangover. I'd sick it up if I had one after a three day bender. 

Any self-respecting alcoholic will tell you the only hangover cure is more alcohol.

Edited by MattP

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Now that is unpopular. Nothing better than a full English, that taste of bacon, fried bread, egg and black pudding together. Magnificent. 

@Voll Blau is right that they crap hangover cures though, it's a hangover cure for people who don't really have a hangover. I'd sick it up if I had one after a three day bender. 

Any self-respecting alcoholic will tell you the only hangover cure is more alcohol.

It might seem an odd thing for a vegan to say but I agree completely.

We, as a nation, haven't really contributed much to the list of magnificent world cuisine, but the full English can hold its head proudly high. Ditto the Sunday roast and fish and chips.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Oh absolutely. People who don't realise they need to level off the day after a big one don't know what they're missing. Always feel much better for just having a relaxing pint or two.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Don't get me wrong, I like a full english. I just don't think they're quite as legendary as they're made out to be.

Maybe I'm just yet to have one that actually lives up to the hype.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Oh absolutely. People who don't realise they need to level off the day after a big one don't know what they're missing. Always feel much better for just having a relaxing pint or two.

Often turns into three or four in my case though lol 

Does 100% work, and doesn't come back to bite you on the arse if careful.

Guest MattP
21 minutes ago, bovril said:

My stool is already like tar after Christmas. I dread to think what yours must be like. Hardened volcanic lava maybe. 

Brown water mate. Been like that for years.