Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

42 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Everyone round here loves Kasabian because they're from Leicester rather than their musical merits. Which is fair enough. But if they were from Nottingham, you'd all think they were crap

Don’t think that’s entirely true haha. The Enemy were from Cov and I’m sure a lot on hear listened to them when they were about, because, whilst not being the pinnacle of musical talent, they wrote some good songs. Not everything has to come down to local/footy allegiances. 

Kasabian have produced some utter self indulgent garbage over the years but LSF, Fire, Fast Fuse, Underdog, Vlad the Impaler are absolute belters and they were (arguably still are) one of the best live acts on the planet. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 3

All the random petitions being banded around such as those for different businesses to be allowed to open will do bugger all and are fairly pointless. Understand people want to feel like they're doing something but really is no point to them.

Petitions don't and won't work unless absolutely huge numbers of people sign them. 

• Like 2

On 20/06/2020 at 21:52, Corky said:

And cyclists should be made to use the ones that already exist. Why are they allowed to cycle on the road next to a cycle path designed specifically for their usage?

And maybe stop at traffic lights , and stop trying to balance like something out of a circus rather than take their feet off the pedals when at a junction

10 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

And maybe stop at traffic lights , and stop trying to balance like something out of a circus rather than take their feet off the pedals when at a junction

If the cyclist has cleats and doesn't click on quick enough to set off, you get inpatient arseholes smacking the horn or trying to whip round you. For every ignorant cyclist, there is an ignorant driver on the road. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

If the cyclist has cleats and doesn't click on quick enough to set off, you get inpatient arseholes smacking the horn or trying to whip round you. For every ignorant cyclist, there is an ignorant driver on the road. 

Nah. There's at least 50 ignorant cyclists for every ignorant driver.

Most car drivers don't run red lights, plough through pedestrian crossings when people are crossing and plough through pedestrians on the pavement tbf.

I'm sure I've seen a BBC article in the past which have said that the large majority of cyclists don't even realise the rules of the road apply to them and that they have to stop at red lights and zebra crossings.

Just now, Sampson said:

Nah. There's at least 50 ignorant cyclists for every ignorant driver.

Most car drivers don't run red lights, plough through pedestrian crossings when people are crossing and plough through pedestrians on the pavement tbf.

I'm sure I've seen a BBC article in the past which have said that the large majority of cyclists don't even realise the rules of the road apply to them and that they have to stop at red lights and zebra crossings.

Maybe 1:1 was slightly under, but 50:1 is also ridiculous. 

Most car drivers don't run reds, but that's due to them being caught and fined.

How many drivers do you see speeding or weaving in and around traffic or randomly cutting in? There are ignorant buggers in both camps that just set off the others into being bigger twats. 

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Maybe 1:1 was slightly under, but 50:1 is also ridiculous. 

Most car drivers don't run reds, but that's due to them being caught and fined.

How many drivers do you see speeding or weaving in and around traffic or randomly cutting in? There are ignorant buggers in both camps that just set off the others into being bigger twats. 

Yeah of course, you'll see idiot drivers randomly weaving in or speeding once every few days. But cyclists going the red lights/pedestrian crossings or swerving around pedestrians on the pavement is something you see several times every day. Go to any main road where cyclists are allowed and I guarantee you'll see a cyclist being an idiot within 20 minutes.

Edited by Sampson

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Yeah of course, you'll see idiot drivers randomly weaving in or speeding once every few days. But cyclists going the red lights/pedestrian crossings or swerving around pedestrians on the pavement is something you see several times every day. Go to any main road where cyclists are allowed and I guarantee you'll see a cyclist being an idiot within 20 minutes.

Guess the issue on this one is cyclists can relate to anything from kids/teens on a bike to adults on road bikes, and honestly I do look at some cyclists and wonder what the hell they're doing. The idiots on both sides ruin the perception of the rest sadly.

Councils don't help with some of the infrastructure they've introduced, I know it's easy to just slam all cyclists for not using cycle paths, but some of them are littered with drains and pot holes that I'm swerving into the road to just try and stay on my bike. I tend to just try to avoid inner town/city riding and head out to the country roads. 

• Like 1

On 20/06/2020 at 21:52, Corky said:

And cyclists should be made to use the ones that already exist. Why are they allowed to cycle on the road next to a cycle path designed specifically for their usage?

There is an extremely simple reason for this. The roads are far far better maintained that both cycle paths and foot paths. As a runner I will always run on the road if possible, its either that or risk a twisted ankle. Its the same story on bikes, you risk being bucked off by unkept pathways.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Guess the issue on this one is cyclists can relate to anything from kids/teens on a bike to adults on road bikes, and honestly I do look at some cyclists and wonder what the hell they're doing. The idiots on both sides ruin the perception of the rest sadly.

Councils don't help with some of the infrastructure they've introduced, I know it's easy to just slam all cyclists for not using cycle paths, but some of them are littered with drains and pot holes that I'm swerving into the road to just try and stay on my bike. I tend to just try to avoid inner town/city riding and head out to the country roads. 

Spot on :appl:

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Diet Coke and Coke Zero are superior bevs to the real deal which is claggy shit that isn't worth the sugar.

The GOAT fizzy drinks however are the exotic Fantas you get on holiday - no questions your honour!

Orangina for me 

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Diet Coke and Coke Zero are superior bevs to the real deal which is claggy shit that isn't worth the sugar.

The GOAT fizzy drinks however are the exotic Fantas you get on holiday - no questions your honour!

Irn Bru and Dr Pepper Zero. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

You feel well dodgy drinking Irn Bru though. It’s ****ing delicious but you just know it’s obliterating your insides. 

Dr Pepper is exceptional if it’s ice ice cold 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Don't get me wrong I love a pint of the orange stuff as much as the next man but am I reaching for it over a Fanta in a purple or heaven forbid lime green can? I can't see it, Clive.

Also has anyone tried the brown San Pellegrino? I had the mint and lemon one once, was like drinking Sunny Delight after brushing your tegs but I tell you what, I didn't ruddy mind it one bit! Now there's a bev in all, San Pelly blood orange on a hangover, a lot to be said taking off the foil for that premium lifestyle when you feel like a travesty

13 minutes ago, Manini said:

You feel well dodgy drinking Irn Bru though. It’s ****ing delicious but you just know it’s obliterating your insides. 

I'll do a full two liter one straight out of the bottle in less than two hours. I ain't thinking about my insides. 

12 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Only cos your wife gets a discount :thumbup:

She actually bought me a shirt today, been reduced to £2.00, with her discount £1.80. I'm living the dream .

• Haha 1