Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Don't flatter yourself, I've no interest in your opinion and I don't ban people because I disagree with them.

I stand by my opinion on the matter, which I've already mentioned in that I don't believe is too controversial to discuss/have an opinion on, and think it's best that these are all deleted?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

I stand by my opinion on the matter, which I've already mentioned in that I don't believe is too controversial to discuss/have an opinion on, and think it's best that these are all deleted?

if you stand by it and don't think it's controversial then what's the problem with it remaining?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

You should have really anticipated the reaction, the people who preach tolerance rarely practice it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You should have really anticipated the reaction, the people who preach tolerance rarely practice it.

Eh, depends whether you think that practising tolerance means tolerating intolerance. Personally I wouldn't say anything needs to be added beyond Poppers paradox of tolerance - to maintain a tolerant society, you must not tolerate intolerance.

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 2

Just now, bovril said:

Sounds pretty degrading, especially with the terminology you choose ('chick'). 

considering she instigated it on more than one occasion... 

lol at finding the word 'chick' degrading. 

I forgot some people think sex is purely for the bedroom, in the missionary position, for the sole purpose of procreation. 

god forbid some people go out there to **** for fun in different places with different people. filthy animals! 

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

so I preach sexual tolerance but then refuse to be tolerant of someone who isn't tolerant of same-sex hand holding? 

come on lol. 

you're really making an argument for being tolerant of intolerance? 

now i've seen it all!

Just now, lifted*fox said:

considering she instigated it on more than one occasion... 

lol at finding the word 'chick' degrading. 

I forgot some people think sex is purely for the bedroom, in the missionary position, for the sole purpose of procreation. 

god forbid some people go out there to **** for fun in different places with different people. filthy animals! 

Just thought it was ironic you say Wymeswold's living in the 70s then you brag about '****ing a chick' with your best mate. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Eh, depends whether you think that practising tolerance means tolerating intolerance. Personally I wouldn't say anything needs to be added before Poppers paradox of tolerance - to maintain a tolerant society, you must not tolerate intolerance.

giphy (3).gif

Back in the summer we went to our local park as a family. There were two guys there (early 20’s at a guess) who were holding hands, cuddling and snogging. I felt uncomfortable.

My 8 year old son and 10 year old daughter asked me why two men were doing this and why they didn’t have girlfriends instead. I passed the buck to wife wife to explain as she’s much more liberal and tolerant than me.

During a discussion with my wife afterwards, I discovered that one of the male teachers at my 6 year old nephews school married another man and took the wedding photos into school to show the class. This also made me feel uncomfortable.

My grandad was very homophobic and I spent a lot of time with him when I was a kid in the 70’s and I wonder how much his views shaped my beliefs when growing up.

I find myself trying to be tolerant and accepting of today’s society but it doesn’t feel natural to me. 

I know I’m out of touch and I’m not proud of it. 

I totally understand what Whymsey was saying in his original post.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Back in the summer we went to our local park as a family. There were two guys there (early 20’s at a guess) who were holding hands, cuddling and snogging. I felt uncomfortable.

My 8 year old son and 10 year old daughter asked me why two men were doing this and why they didn’t have girlfriends instead. I passed the buck to wife wife to explain as she’s much more liberal and tolerant than me.

During a discussion with my wife afterwards, I discovered that one of the male teachers at my 6 year old nephews school married another man and took the wedding photos into school to show the class. This also made me feel uncomfortable.

My grandad was very homophobic and I spent a lot of time with him when I was a kid in the 70’s and I wonder how much his views shaped my beliefs when growing up.

I find myself trying to be tolerant and accepting of today’s society but it doesn’t feel natural to me. 

I totally understand what Whymsey was saying in his original post.

You need to open your mind a bit more Muzzett ...    I suggest you come down to our village hall this Friday for a coffee and a chat when the fisting club have their monthly meeting ...  

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

At least you know that much Izzy mate and that's the main thing.

My uncle who is in his early 60's now has twin daughters - one is married to her husband and his other daughter came out as gay and married her girlfriend. 

He was just absolutely overjoyed that both of his daughters found companionship and love with someone else - sex was no matter.

Perhaps if your son / daughter had bought home a partner of the same sex - would you have reacted in this way too? 

You know - if Wymeswold's kids bought home a same-sex partner and they sat on the sofa together, holding hands, etc. Would he be disgusted and leave the room or learn to overcome his issues for the sake of his relationship with his kids?   

Just now, Webbo said:

No, what you, and others are doing is picking on an easy target so you can signal your own virtue. Whatever happened to;

I find it more and more difficult to get sense out of you Webbo - you contradict yourself at every turn.

So check this out for an extreme example - Hitler hated the Jews right, for various historical reasons - one of which I believe was the doctor who failed to treat his mother's illness effectively was of Jewish decent. He went on to murder 6 million Jewish people over the course of WW2 - due to a personal intolerance. We should have respected that intolerance? Live and let live? No.

Wymeswold doesn't get to use 'live and let live' to excuse his unfounded, negative intolerance of male hand-holding. The people who want to hold hands get to use 'live and let live'. They're not harming anyone. Two men holding hands is a sign of affection. It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to ANYONE, anywhere, ever.

What does make a difference is people continuing to worry about such things and being allowed to voice public disdain for it. The same as racism - so, what next - it's an unpopular opinion but someone doesn't like black people but we should tolerate that? 

I refuse to tolerate intolerance - what a ridiculous suggestion.  

'Signal my own virtue' - FFS, come on, what tripe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I find it more and more difficult to get sense out of you Webbo - you contradict yourself at every turn.

So check this out for an extreme example - Hitler hated the Jews right, for various historical reasons - one of which I believe was the doctor who failed to treat his mother's illness effectively was of Jewish decent. He went on to murder 6 million Jewish people over the course of WW2 - due to a personal intolerance. We should have respected that intolerance? Live and let live? No.

Wymeswold doesn't get to use 'live and let live' to excuse his unfounded, negative intolerance of male hand-holding. The people who want to hold hands get to use 'live and let live'. They're not harming anyone. Two men holding hands is a sign of affection. It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to ANYONE, anywhere, ever.

What does make a difference is people continuing to worry about such things and being allowed to voice public disdain for it. The same as racism - so, what next - it's an unpopular opinion but someone doesn't like black people but we should tolerate that? 

I refuse to tolerate intolerance - what a ridiculous suggestion.  

'Signal my own virtue' - FFS, come on, what tripe. 

How have I contradicted myself?