Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

17 hours ago, leicsmac said:
17 hours ago, Innovindil said:

That's great, if everyone had the choice to get beyond their genetic disposition. Unfortunately, it's just a pipe dream. 

You could well be right on that - in fact I'd probably offer better than even money that you are. I hope, in the long run, that it's not the case though.

Guess only time will tell.

Great debate you two...enjoyed it - good job!

• Like 1

On 30/10/2017 at 16:21, Izzy Muzzett said:

It never crossed my naive mind that mods could read our PM’s.

I’ve shared some very personal stuff via PM and feel a little awkward and embarrassed if this is the case...

Chill. 

No one but Wymesy, Webbo and you know about the hamster story. 

Oh, and me. Webbo shared. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

After reflection, I apologise over what occurred a few pages back. Unnecessary reaction.

Or submerged truth?

just kidding.

or am I?

Just because someone is a muslim, has ISIS paraphenalia and shouts Allahu Akbah, when murdering people doesn't make them a terrorist. More than likely mentally unstable and deranged. Enough with sensationalist journalism - we'd all be better served without it.

If someone has ISIS paraphernalia and shouts Allahu Akbar whilst murdering someone, they’re definitely a terrorist. Mentally unstable or not a person is still unquestionably a terrorist.

Edited by Wookie

56 minutes ago, FIF said:

Just because someone is a muslim, has ISIS paraphenalia and shouts Allahu Akbah, when murdering people doesn't make them a terrorist. 

Do they need to pass an exam and get a certificate in terrorism first then?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Just because someone is a muslim, has ISIS paraphenalia and shouts Allahu Akbah, when murdering people doesn't make them a terrorist. More than likely mentally unstable and deranged. Enough with sensationalist journalism - we'd all be better served without it.

A terrorist 

Edited by sk3since03

35 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Do they need to pass an exam and get a certificate in terrorism first then?

31 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

A terrorist 

equivalent of bandwagon jumpers.

They don't need ISIS any "celeb" would have done. 

43 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

A terrorist 

People who are mentally unstable aren't necessarily terrorists, nor are terrorists necessarily mentally unstable  (you could argue that given their actions, but I'd say you can be stable and be an extremist). However, if you've got the paraphernalia of a terrorist group and carry out an attack, you're probably a terrorist.

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

People who are mentally unstable aren't necessarily terrorists, nor are terrorists necessarily mentally unstable  (you could argue that given their actions, but I'd say you can be stable and be an extremist). However, if you've got the paraphernalia of a terrorist group and carry out an attack, you're probably a terrorist.

I was making the point of a terrorist being derranged and mentally unstable

Edited by sk3since03

7 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

I was making the point of a terrorist being derranged and mentally unstable

Except terrorists aren't necessarily mentally unstable - they're cruel and laughably wrong (the ends very rarely justify the means), but that doesn't equate to unstable. They're not bipolar or in a bad place of mind - they're people who believe for some reason that what they do is right and trying to tie terrorism with mental illness is unhelpful to all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

If someone has ISIS paraphernalia and shouts Allahu Akbar whilst murdering someone, they’re definitely a terrorist. Mentally unstable or not a person is still unquestionably a terrorist.

Does it matter?

1 hour ago, foxoffderby said:

Everybody should pay for healthcare

I actually agree with this. The American healthcare system is messed up in so many ways BUT when they're run as businesses, they want your business. They want you to come to their hos[ital rather than a rival one, so they strive to provide the highest quality healthcare they possibly can.

I'm not saying we should model our healthcare exactly in the same way as the yanks, but in many ways it makes a hell of a lot of sense

3 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I actually agree with this. The American healthcare system is messed up in so many ways BUT when they're run as businesses, they want your business. They want you to come to their hos[ital rather than a rival one, so they strive to provide the highest quality healthcare they possibly can.

I'm not saying we should model our healthcare exactly in the same way as the yanks, but in many ways it makes a hell of a lot of sense

I think European models act as better examples. The US system isn't what I have in mind when I say that the NHS is sub-optimal.

7 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

I think European models act as better examples. The US system isn't what I have in mind when I say that the NHS is sub-optimal.

I sincerely hope not - I don't want to get admitted to hospital having been injured or taken sick knowing it's likely I'll be bankrupt or facing a lifetime of debt when I get out again, even if the treatment gets me fully better again.

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

As in for you to get sick and stay sick so they can keep billing you?

The idea of having a healthcare system run for profit rather than because it's something everyone in the country needs terrifies me.

• Like 2