Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

37 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Vague hints of racism there?

"They get what they want in the name of their culture/religion/belief, yet we get nothing"?

You/we have Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day (to avoid pissed people going into work or phoning in sick) Good Friday, Easter Monday, May Day (lip-service to Communism).

What more do you want?  St Georges Day as a national holiday? He wasn't even English.

What more do I want? I stated there are too many.

One of my Asian colleagues suggested a touch of racism. Another corrected him: Oh you don't understand,  he feels that way about ALL beliefs.

3 hours ago, Erinjack said:

I look forward to the international break and international football. Something pure about it being our best against your best. As much as England are frustrating and quite tedious to watch, they are still my country. I had two footballing wishes in life, city to be champions of England and England to win a euros/world cup. One down, one to go.

You are obviously very young or beamed in from a different planet.

No disrespect, but anybody from the dismissed era of Leicester fans, pre 1970, have seen an England world cup win and if still alive in the Champions of England win. 

Anyway, looking forward to Russia next year, still think we can win it,  but have had nine pints and corrected this post for ten minutes!! Still you never know. 

6 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The death penalty should be re-introduced to certain crimes/criminals, despite the apparent estimated costs, to relieve the pressure on over-crowded prisons that contain prisoners of certain crimes.

As I understand things. The cost of the death penalty becomes greater than the life sentence due to all of the appeals and associated costs.

Also. Who kills the killer

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

As I understand things. The cost of the death penalty becomes greater than the life sentence due to all of the appeals and associated costs.

Also. Who kills the killer

Easily solved.

No appeals and use a robot.

On 02/10/2017 at 20:45, Erinjack said:

I look forward to the international break and international football. Something pure about it being our best against your best. As much as England are frustrating and quite tedious to watch, they are still my country. I had two footballing wishes in life, city to be champions of England and England to win a euros/world cup. One down, one to go.

I take back this post

• Like 2

Guest Foxin_mad
11 hours ago, Nalis said:

As someone who vote Remain and Labour, a lot of other Remain and Labour votes are annoying self entitled fvckwits who dont at least understand why others vote Leave / Tory respectively.

:vardy:So true, so true. The respect I have for Labour voters who can see and acknowledge this without burying their head in the sand is vast!

I used to work in the public sector and was called thick, nasty blah blah blah, they never listen to your valid points and shut you down and get shouty. In the end I just tell them to F Off! but others might not cope so well. .

14 hours ago, Nalis said:

As someone who vote Remain and Labour, a lot of other Remain and Labour votes are annoying self entitled fvckwits who dont at least understand why others vote Leave / Tory respectively.

2 hours ago, Foxin_mad said:

:vardy:So true, so true. The respect I have for Labour voters who can see and acknowledge this without burying their head in the sand is vast!

I used to work in the public sector and was called thick, nasty blah blah blah, they never listen to your valid points and shut you down and get shouty. In the end I just tell them to F Off! but others might not cope so well. .

Can't disagree with Nalis' point, but I would add that it's something all areas of the political spectrum are guilty of, labour by no means have a monopoly on adults who behave like children when faced with alternative opinions.

14 hours ago, Nalis said:

I voted remain but if there was a re-vote I'd vote leave. You can't have another vote just because you didn't like the outcome lol 

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Hope this isn't too controversial, but don't really agree with gay marriage being legalised.. 

The thought of two men together, holding hands etc, doesn't look right.

Dont you even try to think about what happens on their wedding night ...   You'll probably have a heart attack ...   :)

58 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I can't stand rebekah vardy.  

You mean the Rebekah "I don't want to be in the limelight" Vardy that's been on This Morning, The Next Jamie Vardy and going on I'm a Celebrity?

I can assure you, it's not an unpopular opinion

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Nationalism is the puerile veneration of real estate above principles and a fundamental weakness of the human race, with (intentional or not) zero regard for the future outside the smallest worldview. And too often it is cloaked the guise of "patriotism".

Nationalism is neighbourly territorial behaviour that is natural to human beings. Sometimes our preprogrammed conditions, emotions are ingrained and our feeling of the land on which we reside, as a possession and that should be respected. Not all of us have ambitions of globalisation, multiculturalism or intergalactic colonies. 

Just so you guys know Rebekah Vardy does shit loads for local charities in leicester and specifically makes sure that no media are there. Probably best not to judge if you don't know her. It might seem odd (it did when I found out) but she goes out of her way to help people in need in our city.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Just so you guys know Rebekah Vardy does shit loads for local charities in leicester and specifically makes sure that no media are there. Probably best not to judge if you don't know her. It might seem odd (it did when I found out) but she goes out of her way to help people in need in our city.

Tax relief?????

55 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Hope this isn't too controversial, but don't really agree with gay marriage being legalised.. 

The thought of two men together, holding hands etc, doesn't look right.

At the risk of being caught on your fishing line what exactly does it have to do with you?  If 2 men love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together, buy a house, maybe adopt a kid, spend the cold winter nights rutting underneath the blankets etc. then why shouldn't they be allowed the same legal and tax status as a man and a woman doing the same?

• Like 3