Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

59 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Nationalism is neighbourly territorial behaviour that is natural to human beings. Sometimes our preprogrammed conditions, emotions are ingrained and our feeling of the land on which we reside, as a possession and that should be respected. Not all of us have ambitions of globalisation, multiculturalism or intergalactic colonies. 

Indeed, and a majority of people think like that, hence the opinion being unpopular.

Still, "natural" in that way does not necessarily equal good in that respect, and I apologise for not showing much respect towards feelings that (in my opinion) are only destructive in the long term for everyone - including the people expressing them and their descendants.

9 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Indeed, and a majority of people think like that, hence the opinion being unpopular.

Still, "natural" in that way does not necessarily equal good in that respect, and I apologise for not showing much respect towards feelings that (in my opinion) are only destructive in the long term for everyone - including the people expressing them and their descendants.

Mate, i completely forgot what thread we were in. What a dick :D

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

I can't for the life of me understand why this would bother anyone, at all, in the slightest. 

Jeez.

My little brother is gay and I love him dearly, as is one if my best mates. I stand fully with equal rights for gay people but I always look away if I see two blokes kissing. Holding hands doesn't have this affect on me and I absolutely uphold that gay people have the right to kiss in public but that doesn't mean I don't or shouldn't personally find it a little revolting.

15 minutes ago, Benguin said:

My little brother is gay and I love him dearly, as is one if my best mates. I stand fully with equal rights for gay people but I always look away if I see two blokes kissing. Holding hands doesn't have this affect on me and I absolutely uphold that gay people have the right to kiss in public but that doesn't mean I don't or shouldn't personally find it a little revolting.

have you ever questioned why you feel that?

16 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Hope this isn't too controversial, but don't really agree with gay marriage being legalised.. 

The thought of two men together, holding hands etc, doesn't look right.

3 hours ago, Benguin said:

I'm curious about why you both feel this way, as a fair few people do. I should stress that I'm not having a go at anyone. I appreciate from your comments that you're not hostile to gay men - and are quite brave to be honest about how you feel.

Would you feel that 2 women holding hands didn't "look right" or would you find women kissing "a little revolting"? I'm not being naive. I know that lots of straight blokes (myself included) find the idea of lesbian sex a turn-on. Presumably that's because straight blokes enjoy seeing women getting sexually aroused, but have no interest in seeing men getting aroused? If someone enjoys or doesn't mind lesbians snogging but is uncomfortable with gay men doing so, is that because they've placed certain boundaries on male behaviour? Snogging women is manly, snogging men is unmanly? Out of curiosity, how would you feel if you saw a very dominant woman with a very submissive man? Would that make you uncomfortable? Do you have particular expectations of men? It's certainly different from, say, a hardline religious bigot who thinks all same-sex activity is an abomination against the word of the Lord!

I'm not talking about socially inappropriate behaviour - two men slobbering all over one another in public, fondling one another etc. If I ever saw that (I don't think I ever have), I'd be thinking "get a room" just as I would if it was a man and a woman or two women. When I see two men display public affection in a socially appropriate way (a quick snog, holding hands), I feel pleased for them - that they feel free enough to do that. When I was young, it wouldn't have happened in public (gay bars apart).

I had a self-revelation when I was in my 20s. I was on a London bus and some young black blokes were getting rowdy in a non-aggressive way. I got uptight, expecting serious violence in a way that I wouldn't have done if it had been a load of white blokes. Afterwards I had to conclude that I had certain subliminal racist assumptions - probably partly because I'd grown up in a very white area, so black people were more alien and unknown to me.

I have another unpopular opinion that I hold: I find Serena Williams a sexually desirable woman. I assume this is an unpopular opinion as I've seen several people post negatively about her appearance. Well, Serena, if you ever get bored with all that tennis, you're welcome to come round mine, jump astride and have your wicked way with me. With those powerful thighs and nether regions, I'd expect to have a very good time indeed. :D 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I'm curious about why you both feel this way, as a fair few people do. I should stress that I'm not having a go at anyone. I appreciate from your comments that you're not hostile to gay men - and are quite brave to be honest about how you feel.

Would you feel that 2 women holding hands didn't "look right" or would you find women kissing "a little revolting"? I'm not being naive. I know that lots of straight blokes (myself included) find the idea of lesbian sex a turn-on. Presumably that's because straight blokes enjoy seeing women getting sexually aroused, but have no interest in seeing men getting aroused? If someone enjoys or doesn't mind lesbians snogging but is uncomfortable with gay men doing so, is that because they've placed certain boundaries on male behaviour? Snogging women is manly, snogging men is unmanly? Out of curiosity, how would you feel if you saw a very dominant woman with a very submissive man? Would that make you uncomfortable? Do you have particular expectations of men? It's certainly different from, say, a hardline religious bigot who thinks all same-sex activity is an abomination against the word of the Lord!

I'm not talking about socially inappropriate behaviour - two men slobbering all over one another in public, fondling one another etc. If I ever saw that (I don't think I ever have), I'd be thinking "get a room" just as I would if it was a man and a woman or two women. When I see two men display public affection in a socially appropriate way (a quick snog, holding hands), I feel pleased for them - that they feel free enough to do that. When I was young, it wouldn't have happened in public (gay bars apart).

I had a self-revelation when I was in my 20s. I was on a London bus and some young black blokes were getting rowdy in a non-aggressive way. I got uptight, expecting serious violence in a way that I wouldn't have done if it had been a load of white blokes. Afterwards I had to conclude that I had certain subliminal racist assumptions - probably partly because I'd grown up in a very white area, so black people were more alien and unknown to me.

I have another unpopular opinion that I hold: I find Serena Williams a sexually desirable woman. I assume this is an unpopular opinion as I've seen several people post negatively about her appearance. Well, Serena, if you ever get bored with all that tennis, you're welcome to come round mine, jump astride and have your wicked way with me. With those powerful thighs and nether regions, I'd expect to have a very good time indeed. :D 

I wouldnt say i have any negative feelings about men holding hands or kissing one another.  However i didnt always feel ok about it. I moved to Holland (Amsterdam) in my late teens for a year and it was a real eye opener both in terms of open sexuality and just open affection. I would still be uncomfortable with heavy public affection but like yourself that goes for gay or straight. I do think we have come a long way in this country towards homosexual behaviour being acceptable and it has coincided with religion being shown the door (shock). 

On 29/09/2017 at 08:53, Turbogre said:

The smell of petrol is wonderful.

On 29/09/2017 at 10:20, kingcarr21 said:

Agreed. Also the smell of burning from a match or party popper. Feel like a smackhead when i'm at a party and i've got a party popper up my nose after ive pulled the string lol 

giphy.gif.e630c1bcf11e276aac3a443d7abeee52.gif

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Hope this isn't too controversial, but don't really agree with gay marriage being legalised.. 

The thought of two men together, holding hands etc, doesn't look right.

Hope this isn't too controversial, but I have zero respect for you, and I hope I'm not alone.

The thought of humans having such ridiculous opinions and archaic views such as yours, just isn't right.

Curious also that you limit your disgust to men. Either a hypocrite with females or just so in the closet even Narnia is behind you :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

In basic terms, the opinion is just the rather traditional belief that marriage should be a man and woman.

I don't think I should be held to account for this viewpoint, as it's a topic that divides many and it shouldn't view me as something I'm not.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

13 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Halloween is only good if you're early twenties and going to parties. Sticking on a top hat and some skimpy clothing, calling yourself Baberaham Lincoln and getting smashed? Good fun. Sending your kids around knocking on people's doors demanding sweets? Crap mugging.

We are having a few round for a meal tonight and apparently there will be some dressing up involved (which I can't be doing with) ...   so ..   I have decided to go as a vampire credit card ..  I shall have a long number stuck across the front, Master Card logo top left, an expiry date stuck underneath and a 3 digit code on my back ..   with an old set of fangs from when I gatecrashed a goth party in Whitby many moons ago ..     doubt I'll win anything for best outfit ...

38 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Halloween is only good if you're early twenties and going to parties. Sticking on a top hat and some skimpy clothing, calling yourself Baberaham Lincoln and getting smashed? Good fun. Sending your kids around knocking on people's doors demanding sweets? Crap mugging.

Don’t let wymeswold fox catch you in that skimpy clothing!

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

serena is delightful 

• Like 1

I just don't understand people who have time in their lives to be concerned with the sexual / relationship choices of others. 

We all live one short life on this planet. If you find your comfort with someone of the same sex then ****ing good for you - you're one of the lucky ones who found love with someone, anyone. Some people don't even get that. 

I don't care if you're male / female / straight / bi / gay / trans / asexual / etc. It's of no consequence to me - as long as you're a good person I couldn't give two ****s if you like dick, pussy, neither, whatever. 

Live and let live, eh. 

• Like 1

To give Wymsey a break:

I hold the opinion that single people shouldn't be funded by the state to have kids. (I also believe that couples shouldn't be but that might not get the heat off Wymsey). If you want children, great, but don't expect others to pay for what you want. If you can't afford to have kids then don't have them.