Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Soaps are boring tedious programmes which do not reflect the life they pretend to reflect.

Reality shows are for morons who want to be celebrities themselves.

The BBC still makes some of the best series in the world.

The neutrality of the BBC is unequaled throughout the media world.

TV has replaced God/Religion as the greatest indoctrinator of our time.

People who work throughout their adult lives should receive significantly more retirement money than those who were unemployed for most of their adult life. 

Time is more precious than money.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Soaps are boring tedious programmes which do not reflect the life they pretend to reflect.

I'm not a soap fan, but of course they don't reflect the lives they pretend to reflect. Can you imagine if they made a soap accurately depicting everyday life in a real life setting similar to Albert Square or Weatherfield, **** me it would be boring. Nothing dramatic happens year on year in the vast majority of streets or neighbourhoods, so obviously soaps are going to over dramatise life to pull in veiwers and create interest. In a way they are trying to show a cross section of the whole country but in a very small community. It's a bit unfair on soaps because really most tv dramas are far removed from reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I'm not a soap fan, but of course they don't reflect the lives they pretend to reflect. Can you imagine if they made a soap accurately depicting everyday life in a real life setting similar to Albert Square or Weatherfield, **** me it would be boring. Nothing dramatic happens year on year in the vast majority of streets or neighbourhoods, so obviously soaps are going to over dramatise life to pull in veiwers and create interest. In a way they are trying to show a cross section of the whole country but in a very small community. It's a bit unfair on soaps because really most tv dramas are far removed from reality.

I disagree, they are supposed to show real life, real life situations. Every community has its share of love and heartbreak, triumph and tragedy. Along side the mundanity of real life. A soap should create real rounded characters for people to relate to and share in their joy and pain to laugh with and at. That is real life, not multiple serial killers and murderers and rapes. Numerous people coming back from the dead, planes falling out the sky. They have all become ridiculous parodies of themselves, except Neighbours. Neighbours will always be perfect.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Captain... said:

I disagree, they are supposed to show real life, real life situations. Every community has its share of love and heartbreak, triumph and tragedy. Along side the mundanity of real life. A soap should create real rounded characters for people to relate to and share in their joy and pain to laugh with and at. That is real life, not multiple serial killers and murderers and rapes. Numerous people coming back from the dead, planes falling out the sky. They have all become ridiculous parodies of themselves, except Neighbours. Neighbours will always be perfect.

Not without Kylie.

7 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

there's some sensational eye candy in neighbours these days. Olympia Valance and Scarlet Vas are particular favourites of mine!

Why not just get yourself a girlfriend?

1 hour ago, Erinjack said:

I look forward to the international break and international football. Something pure about it being our best against your best. As much as England are frustrating and quite tedious to watch, they are still my country. I had two footballing wishes in life, city to be champions of England and England to win a euros/world cup. One down, one to go.

I'll see your two wishes ...   and raise you one,  Leicester to win the FA Cup ...     :)

The death penalty should be re-introduced to certain crimes/criminals, despite the apparent estimated costs, to relieve the pressure on over-crowded prisons that contain prisoners of certain crimes.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

There are too many 'celbrations' and cultural 'events'. An Asian guy in our office was explaining why he had been off for a couple of weeks; something to do with the latest festival. He began telling us the story behind it. But that is what they are, stories.

If I said I wanted time off to celebrate the  anniversary of Jack and Jill going up the hill; they would laugh.

27 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The death penalty should be re-introduced to certain crimes/criminals, despite the apparent estimated costs, to relieve the pressure on over-crowded prisons.

Eh?

"You're surplus to our allocation of inmates and you exceed our budget limitations.

Sorry son. You're gonna have to die"

8 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

There are too many 'celbrations' and cultural 'events'. An Asian guy in our office was explaining why he had been off for a couple of weeks; something to do with the latest festival. He began telling us the story behind it. But that is what they are, stories.

If I said I wanted time off to celebrate the  anniversary of Jack and Jill going up the hill; they would laugh.

Vague hints of racism there?

"They get what they want in the name of their culture/religion/belief, yet we get nothing"?

You/we have Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day (to avoid pissed people going into work or phoning in sick) Good Friday, Easter Monday, May Day (lip-service to Communism).

What more do you want?  St Georges Day as a national holiday? He wasn't even English.

Brexit wont bring any advantage to the UK. 

No Brexiter will see, any of their expectations realised...

mind you ...remainers will carry on running around like headless chickens and have no amunnition to say told you so.

Grove and Johnson, will tell everybody in their memoirs, they really wanted to Remain...