Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I'm not about to agree with Wymesey fully, but I see where he is coming from.

Don't have a problem with hand holding etc but heavy petting makes me feel uncomfortable.

That's a bloke and a bloke, a bloke and a woman, a woman and a woman, a whatever and a whatever.... people that feel the need to snog each other, touch intimate places etc in public are a ****ing weird. I just don't get the need.

I don't have a problem with intimacy, I just think people should be appreciative of the fact that the world doesn't need to see it.

Don't think many are disagreeing with that part...just the "traditional marriage" part.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Have heard of, but no. :rolleyes:

I actually agree that they should introduce this, now the views on equality are trying being more open and welcoming publicly (such as make people open up on their sexuality if they want to etc, either in sport or in normal life).

Just as long as they don't get holding hands, eh?

17 minutes ago, Buce said:

Just as long as they don't get holding hands, eh?

It's quite fine to have your somewhat incorrect view to try and fuel this debate further..

My viewpoint on this debate is perfectly shown in the first point in the 'Against' part of the following website.. 

http://www.debatingeurope.eu/focus/arguments-for-and-against-gay-marriage/#.Wfcy85Cny2c

@leicsmac, when I stated 'traditional' marriage, I mean by 'natural law; one that has been recognised for 100's of years.

I'd like to clarify that, despite the accusations on here, that I'm not homophobic - and can see why Thracian got annoyed in some ways in a similar topic.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 10/29/2017 at 08:29, Alf Bentley said:

I have another unpopular opinion that I hold: I find Serena Williams a sexually desirable woman. I assume this is an unpopular opinion as I've seen several people post negatively about her appearance. Well, Serena, if you ever get bored with all that tennis, you're welcome to come round mine, jump astride and have your wicked way with me. With those powerful thighs and nether regions, I'd expect to have a very good time indeed. :D 

I backtracked pages to find the root of Wymesy's scandal and saw Serena's name.

She is gorgeous, my missus (and several people I know) think I'm bonkers for finding her attractive :wes:

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I actually think Wymesy has gotten off pretty lightly. 

Typical FoxesTalk, old boy crowd sticking up for each other's outdated views and I get banned for being liberal ffs. 

Funnily enough - banned again directly after calling out Webbo for being contradictory and him calling for tolerance of intolerance - he asks me 'where did I contradict myself' and I get the ban before being able to give an answer? Not the first time I've been banned after a certain someone getting the last word in. 

40 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I'd like to clarify that, despite the accusations on here, that I'm not homophobic - and can see why Thracian got annoyed in some ways in a similar topic.

Whatever we said to one another yesterday - I'm over it, whatever. As I said before, you're obviously not a bad guy but you have outdated views and a discomfort for whatever reason about gay men showing affection for one another. That's your issue to deal with.

However, you'd do well to distance yourself from the Thracian issue because that was world's apart from your view. He was effectively blaming the gay community as a whole for not doing anything about instances of abuse between coaches and young boys at grass roots level football - as if every gay man in existence had some sort of knowledge of it or a hand in it. 

It was a vile accusation - nothing like your minor discomfort about hand-holding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't stand seeing people get affectionate either in public in full view of everybody else, doesn't matter if it's two blokes, two women or a man and a woman.

If you want to show us how happy you are then fine but don't do it in front of me.

I've contacted Wymesy via PM to put this to bed as well - because despite the way it looked, I was not trying to drive an angry mob with pitchforks in his direction - simply just pushing him hard on a topic I feel strongly about.

I like an argument on here, I can be outspoken about what I believe in. Some of what I write is tongue-in-cheek and not as 'cvnty' as it comes across.

I'm not going to apologise or change my ways though so I guess I'll just keep racking up the occasional bans. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It's quite fine to have your somewhat incorrect view to try and fuel this debate further..

My viewpoint on this debate is perfectly shown in the first point in the 'Against' part of the following website.. 

http://www.debatingeurope.eu/focus/arguments-for-and-against-gay-marriage/#.Wfcy85Cny2c

@leicsmac, when I stated 'traditional' marriage, I mean by 'natural law; one that has been recognised for 100's of years.

Fair enough - I don't think you're homophobic either tbh. Though it's safe to say that I disagree entirely with the idea of "traditional marriage" anyway as for me it's not natural law at all - just something some religious guy wrote down in a book to codify it hundreds of years ago. That whole idea holds zero significance for me as IMO it's just another element of control organised religion has used and continues to use, so I really don't like it being used as a justification.

I'm definitely with folks on the public displays of affection part of this, but AFAIC "traditional marriage" has been used as an excuse to deny some people equal rights for too long...and that's the part I have contention with.

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

nothing wrong with a public smooch. free love for all imho. it’s the 21st century man if a chap wants to give his bird a kiss if they go their separate ways after lunch then bloody go for it son. 

I think a lot of it is how reserved we've been taught to be about sex / affection in this country.

You go to Europe and people are a LOT more comfortable with public displays of affection - you'll quite often see people 'snogging' (that ****ing word, ugh) in doorways / the street / cafes, etc. 

Sex is also viewed differently elsewhere - other nationalities are a lot more open about sex, it's seen as something more expressive, fun and less serious - things like group sex and casual sex with multiple partners have a lot less taboo surrounding them.

There is a reason why we're portrayed as stuck-up prudes in Britain by other nations across the world - it's because for the most part, we are.

13 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I think a lot of it is how reserved we've been taught to be about sex / affection in this country.

You go to Europe and people are a LOT more comfortable with public displays of affection - you'll quite often see people 'snogging' (that ****ing word, ugh) in doorways / the street / cafes, etc. 

Sex is also viewed differently elsewhere - other nationalities are a lot more open about sex, it's seen as something more expressive, fun and less serious - things like group sex and casual sex with multiple partners have a lot less taboo surrounding them.

There is a reason why we're portrayed as stuck-up prudes in Britain by other nations across the world - it's because for the most part, we are.

I'm a stuck up prude because I could do without listening to two people going at it on my morning commute?

Good to know.

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm a stuck up prude because I could do without listening to two people going at it on my morning commute?

Good to know.

There's a difference between people shoving their tongues down each others throat within close proximity to you on a bus / train on a morning commute and people kissing in the street.

You've clearly chosen to be pedantic about it though, so - you know, whatever. 

Edited by lifted*fox

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

Typical FoxesTalk, old boy crowd sticking up for each other's outdated views and I get banned for being liberal ffs. 

Funnily enough - banned again directly after calling out Webbo for being contradictory and him calling for tolerance of intolerance - he asks me 'where did I contradict myself' and I get the ban before being able to give an answer? Not the first time I've been banned after a certain someone getting the last word in. 

Whatever we said to one another yesterday - I'm over it, whatever. As I said before, you're obviously not a bad guy but you have outdated views and a discomfort for whatever reason about gay men showing affection for one another. That's your issue to deal with.

However, you'd do well to distance yourself from the Thracian issue because that was world's apart from your view. He was effectively blaming the gay community as a whole for not doing anything about instances of abuse between coaches and young boys at grass roots level football - as if every gay man in existence had some sort of knowledge of it or a hand in it. 

It was a vile accusation - nothing like your minor discomfort about hand-holding. 

Whoever banned you, if you were banned, it wasn't me.

I've read your PM to wymesy and I appreciate the gesture. Lets leave it at that.

• Like 1

Just now, Webbo said:

Whoever banned you, if you were banned, it wasn't me.

I've read your PM to wymesy and I appreciate the gesture. Lets leave it at that.

Fair enough Webbo - no worries. 

Apologies for wrongly accusing you of banning me. 

Perhaps whoever banned me should have made use of the system that explains who banned me and why - it hasn't been used in the last two instances.

Maybe next time lol.

8 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

There's a difference between people shoving their tongues down each others throat within close proximity to you on a bus / train on a morning commute and people kissing in the street.

You've clearly chosen to be pedantic about it though, so - you know, whatever. 

You'll have to explain the difference to me then.

As far as I care, shoving tongues down throats and hands down pants in public is weird.

Never see normal looking people doing it to be fair. Usually chavs.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've read your PM to wymesy and I appreciate the gesture. 

It never crossed my naive mind that mods could read our PM’s.

I’ve shared some very personal stuff via PM and feel a little awkward and embarrassed if this is the case...

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’ve shared some very personal stuff via PM and feel a little awkward and embarrassed if this is the case...

Nah, Wymsey tagged Webbo into the PM so he was part of the conversation.

I don't think mods can just randomly read PMs. 

You're probably safe & sound bro. 

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Oh yes, I'm on to you.:ph34r:

Actually we can't, for some reason I was included in the messaging.

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Your telling me he's been reading those erotic PM's you've been sending to me.  No wonder he's been so grumpy...jealousy is his curse

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Nah, Wymsey tagged Webbo into the PM so he was part of the conversation.

I don't think mods can just randomly read PMs. 

You're probably safe & sound bro. 

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Oh yes, I'm on to you.:ph34r:

Actually we can't, for some reason I was included in the messaging.

lol

Thank fook for that. My secrets are safe!

:claudio:

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You'll have to explain the difference to me then.

As far as I care, shoving tongues down throats and hands down pants in public is weird.

Never see normal looking people doing it to be fair. Usually chavs.

I stated in a post a few pages back that I don't see the need for such acts in public either - plenty of private places to be found (such as golf course woods lol) that are out of public view. 

BUT I was merely stating that people in other cultures / more liberal countries don't see it as such a big taboo.

Still - shit happens, we were given eyes and necks - if you don't like what you see, close your eyes or look the other way. Not everybody either cares for other's preferences or is shy about their own. 

If I saw someone properly going for a kiss in the street I'd most likely jokingly say to whoever I'm with 'get a room' and then go about my day as if nothing happened. I certainly wouldn't be offended by it. 

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

I stated in a post a few pages back that I don't see the need for such acts in public either - plenty of private places to be found (such as golf course woods lol) that are out of public view. 

BUT I was merely stating that people in other cultures / more liberal countries don't see it as such a big taboo.

Still - shit happens, we were given eyes and necks - if you don't like what you see, close your eyes or look the other way. Not everybody either cares for other's preferences or is shy about their own. 

If I saw someone properly going for a kiss in the street I'd most likely jokingly say to whoever I'm with 'get a room' and then go about my day as if nothing happened. I certainly wouldn't be offended by it. 

I've not suggested that you should be offended by it. Merely that I - and plenty of other people - would rather not see it.