Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Their influence is far more significant than their music. It's almost certainly unfair for me to say, but if many of those songs were written today they'd be considered pretty mediocre. 

Define "many". Songs like Let It Be, Yesterday, A Day In The Life, Strawberry Fields, Something, Here Comes The Sun, Come Together etc are still outstanding today (which is why people still cover them). I like a lot of music now but I also hear a lot of shit, just like every decade. Beatles put music out that never been heard before at that time, which is sort of the point. Brian Wilson called Beatles album Rubber Soul something like "complete" where "every song was a gas". Their influence is massive, like you say, but even at the time too. I speak about Brian Wilson there but you've got artists like Bob Dylan, Pete Townshend, Mick Jagger all being inspired at the time (and that works both ways too).

Beatles were ahead of time just like other artists, even artists today. Good music lasts forever which is why it stands the test of time, whether it be The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Smiths, The Cure, Oasis, Blur..

19 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

To be fair I never said food vouchers should stop. It’s not fair on the kids otherwise. My point was that it was wrong that food vouchers were needed in the first place. 

BTW I was talking generally, not necessarily aiming at you which is why I didn't quote you.

10 minutes ago, January47 said:

I didn't defend him or make a judgement. I just stated a fact. Do you really think you can compare the job and salary of a CEO of a £25 billion turnover company with 600,000 employees with a cleaner. 

yes

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

People can make jobs as well as money - they get paid well if they are good at it.

No one.... NO ONE.. is worth 5 Million a year

3 minutes ago, January47 said:

let me guess.....you work as a cleaner

Let me guess, you think you are going to be a millionaire CEO

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

No women, No kids.

No idea

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

No one.... NO ONE.. is worth 5 Million a year

CEO makes company successful, employs loads more staff as result, makes shareholders (Some of which are cleaners) very happy

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

No idea

Leon Poster

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Are you seriously defending him?, do you honestly believe he EARNS FIVE MILLION POUNDS.

Dont compare to an overpaid footballer.. compare him to a cleaner or a teacher and anyone fvcking else.

NOTHING HE DOES MAKES HIM WORTH 5 MILLION

Executive pay is nuts, but it is not his fault is it?  Like a player paid too much due to mental market forces.

Lots of crap going around about the food parcels though.  Firstly £30 is for 2 weeks not one.  Secondly the pic most of us saw was 1 weeks lunches for a child, not for a family.  The charge in that case they said was ~£10.

None of this helps the argument.  The cost also includes "preparing" the food and distributing it.  So comparing to the price in ASDA is not like for like.

Despite all this, if parents want to shop themselves then a voucher makes more sense, however then the taxpayer will no doubt be paying furlough for thousands more Compass employees, so that isn't free either.  As ever the media tries to make something into a huge crisis.  On the plus side vouchers are now back i believe, so hopefully that makes things easier for the struggling families.

I have no problem with the guy earning a shit ton of money. What I do have a problem with is him taking tax payers money to provide £30 worth of food to disadvantaged children, pocketing around 5/6 of it and giving the kids nowhere near the value promised. If the government agree to pay his company £100 per food package worth £30 then that's another discussion about the government not getting great deals, but if we are paying his company a fair price and he's not providing the £30 worth of food then he and his company are *****.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

CEO makes company successful, employs loads more staff as result, makes shareholders (Some of which are cleaners) very happy

Leon Poster

employees make company successful. Management leeches off them and claims credit

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Executive pay is nuts, but it is not his fault is it?  Like a player paid too much due to mental market forces.

Lots of crap going around about the food parcels though.  Firstly £30 is for 2 weeks not one.  Secondly the pic most of us saw was 1 weeks lunches for a child, not for a family.  The charge in that case they said was ~£10.

None of this helps the argument.  The cost also includes "preparing" the food and distributing it.  So comparing to the price in ASDA is not like for like.

Despite all this, if parents want to shop themselves then a voucher makes more sense, however then the taxpayer will no doubt be paying furlough for thousands more Compass employees, so that isn't free either.  As ever the media tries to make something into a huge crisis.  On the plus side vouchers are now back i believe, so hopefully that makes things easier for the struggling families.

And could you feed a child for a week on that?

Seriously, Jon, you really don't do yourself any favours.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

employees make company successful. Management leeches off them and claims credit

Is that right? They know what to aim for, what direction to take the company, what occurs on the shop floor is not the entirety of enterprise.

Stop talking like we all work for the public sector  :blink:

edit: If we are referring ONLY to this shyt show regarding meals for children, then yes, thats a horror story, all involved should be ashamed, but if we are talking about enterprise in general I respectfully disagree

Edited by Dahnsouff

8 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

cop-E. - copy

mon-E- money

As always, you don’t have an accent until you go somewhere with a different accent, then it becomes apparent 

Used to get ragged on about the heavy E sound. lol

Depends on the Area of the City & Area of the shire...

Plus what age groups..

Heavy E, not known as consistent characteristics to either easy-midland or Leicester accent..

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Depends on the Area of the City & Area of the shire...

Plus what age groups..

Heavy E, not known as consistent characteristics to either easy-midland or Leicester accent..

Must just be a weirdo then  lol

13 minutes ago, Buce said:

And could you feed a child for a week on that?

Seriously, Jon, you really don't do yourself any favours.

No I couldn't - sorry i did mean to say that, it was pathetic.  My lot would eat that as a morning snack.  Bloody vultures the pair of them.

The point I was trying to make was it spoke for itself without any exaggeration, so why exaggerate?

Edited by Jon the Hat

8 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

One child, for lunch only, for five days as it is intended, yes without a doubt. 

I think the basics are there, but I put more in my kids lunchboxes than that, and they eat it all most of the time.

Half a carrot though, I mean a bag of carrots is so cheap the effort to cut it would be more expensive than the carrot.

• Like 1