Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

11 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Parents of children who require food vouchers are disgusting. Of course there will be the odd case where the parent is just in a unfortunate circumstance but on the whole, I think it is wrong. So, many parents who’s children require food vouchers will be on some form of welfare I would assume. Basically, the purpose of food vouchers is for parents who cannot budget properly and who are wasting their benefits on other things. The term food voucher itself suggests that parents can’t be trusted to be given money to feed their children, as they are just going to spend it on other things if it was straight cash. Of course, it’s not the child’s fault so the vouchers should still be issued, but surely parents should be able to afford to give their kids something at least half decent to eat based upon their benefits. Surely feeding your kids should be your number one priority as a parent, and they should be able to budget towards this?

You see, this is what can happen when you stay logged on to Foxes Talk and leave your laptop lying around unlocked.

21 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think if nothing else @Ian Nacho may have won the title of most unpopular opinion in the unpopular opinion thread.

I dunno, if you look at some of them on the first few pages there are rivals.

Climate change ignorance, homophobia, anti intellectualism...even someone saying that Kermo wasn't all that bad.

Hold on...

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I dunno, if you look at some of them on the first few pages there are rivals.

Climate change ignorance, homophobia, anti intellectualism...even someone saying that Kermo wasn't all that bad.

Hold on...

Tbf some guy said it was fine to hog the middle lane of the motorway, which is clearly worse than hating starving children.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think if nothing else @Ian Nacho may have won the title of most unpopular opinion in the unpopular opinion thread.

Not sure...

Page one or two there is a guy slating Vichai for not being a man of honour and only doing "Ok". 

He then goes on to call the families of the Hillsborough disaster "attention seekers". 

Worst of the lot is the fella on page 4 who's says Ndidi is garbage. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, January47 said:

This guy runs a company that employs 600,000 people worldwide and is paid about the same as a Leicester midfielder. 

Are you seriously defending him?, do you honestly believe he EARNS FIVE MILLION POUNDS.

Dont compare to an overpaid footballer.. compare him to a cleaner or a teacher and anyone fvcking else.

NOTHING HE DOES MAKES HIM WORTH 5 MILLION

• Like 1

Just now, ozleicester said:

Are you seriously defending him?, do you honestly believe he EARNS FIVE MILLION POUNDS.

Dont compare to an overpaid footballer.. compare him to a cleaner or a teacher and anyone fvcking else.

Your caps lock key appears to be intermittently jamming. 

• Haha 2

On 13/09/2017 at 12:43, stripeyfox said:

The Beatles were crap and most of their lyrics sound like they were written by a 10 year old girl.

Their influence is far more significant than their music. It's almost certainly unfair for me to say, but if many of those songs were written today they'd be considered pretty mediocre. 

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Can't get my head around people wanting kids to starve. Maybe I should stick it in the "things I can't get my head around" thread.

I thought these people wanted to "ban foreign aid" and "help our own". Make your minds up.

To be fair I never said food vouchers should stop. It’s not fair on the kids otherwise. My point was that it was wrong that food vouchers were needed in the first place. 

8 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

To be fair I never said food vouchers should stop. It’s not fair on the kids otherwise. My point was that it was wrong that food vouchers were needed in the first place. 

Well as I pointed out in reply to your post, this is due to the kids largely being at home more at the minute, so not constant bad budgeting by parents. Also I think you are right that they shouldn't be needed in the first place, but for the wrong reason. In this country large numbers of families shouldn't be so poor that they are needed. Your assumption seems to be the vast majority are due to bad parents spending money on other things before feeding their kids. I don't deny they exist, but are they the majority? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

I didn't defend him or make a judgement. I just stated a fact. Do you really think you can compare the job and salary of a CEO of a £25 billion turnover company with 600,000 employees with a cleaner.