Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Jon Moss doesn't bother me anymore. I prefer him to the likes of Pawson, Mason etc. They are genuinely the worse refs in the league.

David Coote is the worst. He shouldn't even be refereeing football league games never mind Premier League. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Vardy went down easily but there was clear contact. And you don't get penalties if you don't go down.

It was never a yellow card dive.

Oh come on, there was only contact because he flung himself into the defender to try and con the referee into awarding a penalty. If an opposition player, who was on a yellow card had done that against us and didn't get booked, we'd be fuming. 

I'm fairly sure I've mentioned this on the thread already,nor at least words to the effect, that I find endurance feats for charity boring and for those doing it, I'm not always sold on their altruistic intentions. 

Obvs.the captain Tom news reminded me of my long held views on charity stunts. They're boring. No disrespect to the old fella. But the story was boring af

But charity bike rides London to Paris. Hair shaving. Kilimanjaro climbs. Three peaks challenge. Sitting in a bath tub of beans. Yawn yawn. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm fairly sure I've mentioned this on the thread already,nor at least words to the effect, that I find endurance feats for charity boring and for those doing it, I'm not always sold on their altruistic intentions. 

Obvs.the captain Tom news reminded me of my long held views on charity stunts. They're boring. No disrespect to the old fella. But the story was boring af

But charity bike rides London to Paris. Hair shaving. Kilimanjaro climbs. Three peaks challenge. Sitting in a bath tub of beans. Yawn yawn. 

I agree that some probably do it purely for their ego, but I think the ends justify the means. I do think some of them are a bit weak, like a fit and healthy 20 something doing a 5k run or shaving their hair off, both things many of us would do at a moment's notice not exactly a feat. But again, I'd say if it gets some money that will genuinely help people, let those guys massage their egos a bit 

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Liverpool is the nicest 'major' city in England. 

I suppose that depends what you define as "major"... For me it's Brighton then Bristol (Edinburgh squeezed in the middle if you include GB as a whole).  That said I've only been to Liverpool once as a kid. 

London is right down the bottom.  Vile place.

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Nobody is happy that Captain Tom is dead and he raised a lot of money, was a war hero but I think the coverage of his death is a bit OTT. Nobody had heard of him 10 months ago. 

I've thought it all along.

Double standards too. His family could see him when he died/dying? When nobody else can do that.

21 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Well yeah, I'm not sure what your point is?

London is a very large diverse city - in terms of culture, geography and environment. Greater London, even more so. To brand it as universally 'vile' is somewhat of a generalisation. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Line-X said:

London is a very large diverse city - in terms of culture, geography and environment. Greater London, even more so. To brand it as universally 'vile' is somewhat of a generalisation. 

That's a bit of a generalisation don't you think?

17 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I suppose that depends what you define as "major"... For me it's Brighton then Bristol (Edinburgh squeezed in the middle if you include GB as a whole).  That said I've only been to Liverpool once as a kid. 

London is right down the bottom.  Vile place.

Couldn't disagree more.

For me, Brighton is the worst city in the UK.

Lived there for a couple of years many years ago and I think it encompasses all the worst parts of London.

House prices and rent way too high for what they should be worth. Very, very clique and single-minded people. Plus it's a very dirty and run down city and even the seafront is just a small pebble beach with a main road and tacky hotels along it, with nowhere for people to gather that isn't full of traffic noise. It's the dirtiest and least enjoyable seafront on the south coast, for sure.

But I guess it just shows how everyone sees different UK cities differently.

I think Edinburgh and Newcastle are great cities, but I couldn't live anywhere but the south coast these days.

Edited by Sampson