Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

You're both wrong, it's just that the ooh friends stuff has suffered from being overused because it's so good.  Same for bus willy pullers: Hilarious at first, still funny when your mates quoted it randomly for the next few weeks, but eventually people just need to let a good gag rest or else it ends up being mistaken for a bad one.

Nah

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

You're both wrong, it's just that the ooh friends stuff has suffered from being overused because it's so good.  Same for bus willy pullers: Hilarious at first, still funny when your mates quoted it randomly for the next few weeks, but eventually people just need to let a good gag rest or else it ends up being mistaken for a bad one.

Spot on. I wouldn't say its the same for all good bits of comedy, because some isn't that quotable, but the most quotable stuff from TV and film gets done to death, people get pissed off with it and it gets tiresome. But it only gets over quoted because it was so good at the time.

45 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Spot on. I wouldn't say its the same for all good bits of comedy, because some isn't that quotable, but the most quotable stuff from TV and film gets done to death, people get pissed off with it and it gets tiresome. But it only gets over quoted because it was so good at the time.

25 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Well that's me told.  Touche sir

Was it really "so good?" I say that as a fan of the first two series.

I just think the club doing an OTD tweet of Vardy saying something you'd have no doubt heard in bloody offices / pubs / parks / gyms up and down the country for years and passing it off as HAHA LOOK BLOODY GREAT, DANISH FRIENDS AHAHA LEDGE !!!!!! is a bit bloody painful tbh but each to their goddam own my brothers

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Was it really "so good?" I say that as a fan of the first two series.

I just think the club doing an OTD tweet of Vardy saying something you'd have no doubt heard in bloody offices / pubs / parks / gyms up and down the country for years and passing it off as HAHA LOOK BLOODY GREAT, DANISH FRIENDS AHAHA LEDGE !!!!!! is a bit bloody painful tbh but each to their goddam own my brothers

Thats what we're both saying. It was a funny bit of very quotable comedy, that at the time was very funny. The more it got used in bars, offices etc, they more people got fed up with it.

Just now, Facecloth said:

Thats what we're both saying. It was a funny bit of very quotable comedy, that at the time was very funny. The more it got used in bars, offices etc, they more people got fed up with it.

But what I'm saying is was it that funny in the first place? A resounding no from your boy I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

But what I'm saying is was it that funny in the first place? A resounding no from your boy I'm afraid.

Humour is subjective, but I'd say as its been quoted so much over the years, then yes it was one of the most popular sitcom moments in recent years.

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Popular ≠ funny

To the people that like it yes. Humour is subjective. I hate Mrs Brown's Boys, but it has a big following, it's funny to enough people to keep it on TV. Is it funny to me? No. Is it funny in general? Clearly as millions watch and enjoy it.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I feel like this is happening with that Bernie Sanders picture at the moment. It has been done to death already. 

22 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Exactly!

18 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Humour is subjective, but I'd say as its been quoted so much over the years, then yes it was one of the most popular sitcom moments in recent years.

Thank you!!!

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

To the people that like it yes. Humour is subjective. I hate Mrs Brown's Boys, but it has a big following, it's funny to enough people to keep it on TV. Is it funny to me? No. Is it funny in general? Clearly as millions watch and enjoy it.

Erm

giphy.gif 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Exactly!

Thank you!!!

Erm

giphy.gif 

What? I'm not saying I like Mrs Brown's Boys? But clearly enough people do to keep it on TV, so there's something in it for large numbers of people. I think its shit, sadly millions think its hilarious. But as humour is subjective you can't tell people its not funny. 

Just now, Facecloth said:

What? I'm not saying I like Mrs Brown's Boys? But clearly enough people do to keep it on TV, so there's something in it for large numbers of people. I think its shit, sadly millions think its hilarious. But as humour is subjective you can't tell people its not funny. 

I think we can all agree that humour is subjective.  Surely we can also agree that Mrs Brown's Boys is a psyops attack on the British public.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I think we can all agree that humour is subjective.  Surely we can also agree that Mrs Brown's Boys is a psyops attack on the British public.

We all can, but sadly millions don't agree.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

I feel like this is happening with that Bernie Sanders picture at the moment. It has been done to death already. 

And the sea shanty crap. Amazing. It went from mildly interesting to a nauseating vehicle to advertise tic tok in less than a week

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I know what you mean, but I thought that “ooh friend” got a bit boring halfway through the episode, never mind years later. 

The best bits of comedy aren’t always the easily quotable. 

• Like 3