Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

8 minutes ago, oakman said:

The New ‘Go Compare’ advert with the character showing clips of himself as a real singer - original ads were appalling and the new one convinced me that the bloke is a narcissistic dick.

Still makes me laugh he was chosen as the act to perform at the opening of Spurs new stadium.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

We aren't 'little old Leicester' anymore and our national and worldwide brand (yuk) is now bigger than most outside the rich 6 - for the time being anyway and whether we like it or not.

We are as important to the premier league as the likes of traditional big but unsuccessful teams like Everton,  Villa, Newcastle and Leeds (and West Ham to a lesser extent).

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 09:09, Nalis said:

We aren't 'little old Leicester' anymore and our national and worldwide brand (yuk) is now bigger than most outside the rich 6 - for the time being anyway and whether we like it or not.

We are as important to the premier league as the likes of traditional big but unsuccessful teams like Everton,  Villa, Newcastle and Leeds (and West Ham to a lesser extent).

That's an unpopular opinion?

On 09/12/2020 at 22:53, Wymsey said:

There are too many houses being built on greenbelt land.

Absolutely. And people aren't anywhere near enough demanding of developers. They bung the houses up without any real thought for the civic services like sewerage and the road network. 

Always problems around new estates and the services and developers do not ****ing care. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Absolutely. And people aren't anywhere near enough demanding of developers. They bung the houses up without any real thought for the civic services like sewerage and the road network. 

Always problems around new estates and the services and developers do not ****ing care. 

It's ridiculous how many houses are popping up in greenbelt areas, as you say, they build houses but don't even consider improving or making the infrastructure around the area. 

Get complaining to the govt if you think there's too many houses being built on greenbelt.

At the end of the day there is intolerable pressure on councils to build houses. The districts in Leicestershire are under even more stress as they have to take the City's strain because they can't find any more space for them. So places need to have their own allocation AND some of the city's.

Then people oppose places like New Lubbesthorpe. These places are massive but they are sustainable communities. Schools, shops, local centres, community building. 4,250 homes in one place is 100x better than tagging 4,250 homes onto the edge of existing villages. Ultimately, it's no win. People hate when houses are tacked onto villages, people hate mass housebuilding areas.

Some councils are better than others. These larger developments really can help community cohesion, sustainable places to live, but they desperately need to give generous car parking allocations (two at least) for them not to become Thorpe Astley-esque car parking messes.

The other issue is that if the councils don't allocate the right number of houses, the Govt can take that responsibility off of them and do it themselves. Really loses all local democracy and say.

Greenbelt is inevitable with the increasing requirements on houses, unfortunately. As more people pop out 3,4,5,6 kids, they all need somewhere to live with more living in their own home longer. Get used to it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Putting this here as it will get me pelters in the main section (it still may)

• We need to get this Vardy successor in during the next transfer window 

I agree, for probably the last three seasons at least I've been thinking he can't possibly go on. The longer he carries on the closer we are to needing to find his replacement. The fact that he still carries on at the level he does is obviously fantastic, but without a replacement bedded in we will be in real trouble, so yes, we need to get it done. 

• Like 2

Here's my (probably) unpopular opinion.....

The elderly shouldn't be the first people to get the vaccine for Corona. 

Here is my logic....

Ofcourse, thinking with your heart, it makes sense to do anything you can to protect the vulnerable first and foremost but if you are completely practical about it, giving the vaccine to those who work and live in built up congested areas and are commuting every day on public transport where they work in retail and offices will slow the spread of the virus much much quicker than giving it to those who probably spend most of their time indoors anyway. 

And if enough of us are immune then it limits the chances of our old folk getting it anyway as we can go see them without the fear of it killing them. 

• Like 1

Most green belt land isn’t particularly natural, they’re fields that have been intensively farmed for hundreds of years. Massively reducing the quality of life for vast amounts of people and essentially inflating house pricing for the sake of heavily subsidised farms is daft.

I say this as somebody that despises most new builds because they’re characterless and ugly too but we get housing so wrong here. 

I think new build estates have come on leaps and bounds this century.Bovis Linden and Taylor Wimpey all try to mix it up a bit.Putting lots of trees and green spaces into their developments.Redrow go for the 1930s look.They mature very well imo.Granted there is one or two big companies that go for the soulless box look.

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Putting this here as it will get me pelters in the main section (it still may)

• We need to get this Vardy successor in during the next transfer window 

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I agree, for probably the last three seasons at least I've been thinking he can't possibly go on. The longer he carries on the closer we are to needing to find his replacement. The fact that he still carries on at the level he does is obviously fantastic, but without a replacement bedded in we will be in real trouble, so yes, we need to get it done. 

Absolutely no need to get the Vardy successor in yet.

Get an upgrade on Iheanacho by all means.

Vardy is a machine. He's got years left.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Here's my (probably) unpopular opinion.....

The elderly shouldn't be the first people to get the vaccine for Corona. 

Here is my logic....

Ofcourse, thinking with your heart, it makes sense to do anything you can to protect the vulnerable first and foremost but if you are completely practical about it, giving the vaccine to those who work and live in built up congested areas and are commuting every day on public transport where they work in retail and offices will slow the spread of the virus much much quicker than giving it to those who probably spend most of their time indoors anyway. 

And if enough of us are immune then it limits the chances of our old folk getting it anyway as we can go see them without the fear of it killing them. 

I see what your saying, but even if you're immune, can't you still carry it and pass it on? 

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I see what your saying, but even if you're immune, can't you still carry it and pass it on? 

Not that I know of, but I could be wrong. 

I think yjats the plan, get enough people vaccinated that you stop it spreading. I dont think the plan is to vaccinate everyone. 

• Like 2