Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think "as far as he could" is a bit harsh. He'd built an immensely good, hugely underrated (even after we won the league, people still thought it was magic and a fairytale as opposed to just a really good side) team that had finally settled after having their confidence rocked after promotion. When you saw the way we got promoted, we were clearly too good to be struggling. 

I think Wolves under Nuno is a pretty good yard stick for where Pearson would have had us. Solid, upper mid table team that'd occasionally push for top six. 

Can't see us having being MORE than that under him though. 

I'd say that's fair. The point I was essentially getting at is that we wouldn't have won the title under him. I think the best he would have achieved is a top half finish. 

Edited by BenTheFox

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'd say that's fair. The point I was essentially getting at is that we wouldn't have won the title under him. I think the best he would have achieved is a top half finish. 

I think the majority of us would agree we needed Ranieri to win the league. I reckon we'd have been 8/9 with Nigel in 15/16.

15 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Their 2002 double winning side was their best imo. 

Not a bad shout that, actually - was Henry absolutely bloody cooking in that season in all? 

Bit of a different note but the PL side I always found the most entertaining (in our wilderness years, but arguably in general since 92) was Man United in 07/08 - Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo up top were insane as a trio.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not a bad shout that, actually - was Henry absolutely bloody cooking in that season in all? 

Bit of a different note but the PL side I always found the most entertaining (in our wilderness years, but arguably in general since 92) was Man United in 07/08 - Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo up top were insane as a trio.

Henry scored more in the invincible season, but I think their 2002 team just edge it for me because they had basically the same team as the Invincibles but still had David Seaman and Tony Adams who despite being towards the end of their careers, could still contribute as well as stalwarts like Martin Keown and Ray Parlour still having a bit more in the tank. Not to mention Dennis Bergkamp being nearer his prime in 2002 as well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foxile5 said:

The glorification of ****ing morons, like Dani Dyer, Rhylan, and Gemma Collins, is actually dangerous for society. It should be your civic duty to abuse these people until they change their behaviour and leave the public eye. 

Bloody hell lol

5 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

The idea that music on vinyl sounds 'better' is a complete myth. 

Having recently returned using an 80s sound system with record player. I think there is a very different sound through vinyl...BUT, the reason i think it seems better is the entire system is better than what i played my digital/cd's on.

Better speakers, better amp and better EQ's....means better sound

9 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Their 2002 double winning side was their best imo. 

I agree. I think the 2004 team was very good obviously but that 2002 team won their last 9/10 games to win the title plus doing the double over Man United. They were also unbeaten away that season and won the same amount of matches overall.

On the Nige point you made, I don't think we'd have won the league but would've settled in the Premier League, the squad was upgrading and we'd had a great run of form. I think he'd have got used to the media side and been a calmer figure with the press too.

10 hours ago, foxile5 said:

The glorification of ****ing morons, like Dani Dyer, Rhylan, and Gemma Collins, is actually dangerous for society. It should be your civic duty to abuse these people until they change their behaviour and leave the public eye. 

reality TV in general, they are all fake, they all look the same and are all thick as ****.

13 hours ago, lildave3 said:

We have two cars. Quite often me and my partner have to travel to different, non work related places. Be a bitch without 2 cars. 

(‘I have a car easily could have 3 or 4’) is a terrific quote by the way. 

Okay someone is clearly in a bad mood lol did someone hurt your feelings 😆  😉 anyway take care and good day to you sir

Edited by TeamRocket

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The scouse accent isn't that bad. Certainly nowhere near as bad as brummy, black country or Essex. 

I’d much rather listen to Jasper Carrott, Lenny Henry and Stacey Solomon than Jamie Carragher. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I was about to respond to this and say it’s unfair to stick Danny Dyer in the same boat with Rylan and Gemma Collins....then I realised you were on about his kid. So fair ****s lol

I think civic duty to abuse them is a bit far though mate lol it would be better for society if people like that were just ignored and not given the airtime because they say thick things....but people love them, so the people who enjoy that area of “celebrity” are the issue, for me, not those people themselves. 

Edited by Manini

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The scouse accent isn't that bad. Certainly nowhere near as bad as brummy, black country or Essex. 

I like how different it is, even to Manchester which is down the road. I think you can hear the Irish influence. 

I find accents quite fascinating. For example I find there are similarities in Welsh and Geordie, maybe the melody more so than anything else, but its random as they arent even close to each other geographically, only common ground I can think of historically is mining back in the day.

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I find accents quite fascinating. For example I find there are similarities in Welsh and Geordie, maybe the melody more so than anything else, but its random as they arent even close to each other geographically, only common ground I can think of historically is mining back in the day.

The weirdest one is how similar West Country and East Anglian accents are.