Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

A poisoned chalice?

7 hours ago, David Hankey said:

You didn't have to quote verbatim the article by McNulty.

I'm not so certain that it is a "poisoned chalice". Yes, it will need to take a experienced manager who can properly manager players many of whom appear to have lost the plot. Shakespeare was no experienced manager but merely a good coach and therein lies the problem since Claudio was sacked.

Had the owners had a bit more nous they would know there is a massive difference between the two roles, added to which they should realise there is a serious problem in the recruitment of players. It doesn't need me to list the players who have failed or proved to be worthless, the list is endless.

So, we are not a lost cause as many suggest but the owners need to recognise the in-house problems and deal with them in an efficient and effective way and if that means a wholesale clear out so be it. Remember, we are still a Premiership Club!!

whys that

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I think with the investment made we should be targeting top 10 finishes.  What's so delusional about that?

It's the mentality that becasue we won the league we somehow "deserve" it. We don't. The investment owes us nothing seeing as the majority of it has been spent on crap. 

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

also, big sam, dyche, coleman and pardew are the top 4 in the betting. as if any of them will turn us down because we sacked a few other managers. 

Thanks, now I feel better.

bums.JPG

Our owners now have had the taste of power in winning the title and they want more of the Billy Big Bollox feeling Champions League each year etc, But unless they can get a decent manager with the pedigree the Contes the Mourhinhio the Klopps of this world and increase the Stadium capacity to the likes of the Top 4 stadiums a fill them year in year out with season ticket revenue and have the finance to bring in top players rather than the players we have now ( don’t get me wrong a few could get into any top 6 team !?)

Then we will continue to be a floating about the relegation places or at best be a regular top 10 place if we can keep these lads playing great football week in week out and have someone that can kick the players up the Arses if they throw their toys out of the pram, They need to decide which path they want to travel the Billy Big Bollox or the we’re doing ok type of owners and happy with anything from a top 6 to a top 10 table finish each year !

If they want to be the BBB then they need to majorly invest big time into the club increase stadium capacity encourage more season ticket and corporate sales invest heavily in a top flight manager who is proven to succeed in the EPL and heavily invest in top player signings the type of players we always dreamt of wearing the Colours of Leicester City and winning us trophies titles and UCL places year in year out then the MEGA bucks need to be splashed out to achieve this ?!

If it’s the latter and happy with what we have then keep as they’re going now invest as they are keep sacking managers whenever they don’t come up to scratch and keep buying players Rudkin recons are going to be the next Ronaldo or Messi, either way we need to now stop fuching about with just about managers and go out and find a top quality Manager who will deliver top 6-10 finishes each year have the odd silverware in the cabinet and European football every now and then and someone to keep the prima donnas in check !!

And one final thing kick Rudkin to touch get him out of our great club !!

I really wish those that run the club could have found a suitable replacement before sacking Shakey, I know it's a little backhanded but out of work managers publicly ruling themselves out doesn't do us any favours. It's like those who seem to make these decisions have no brains.

19 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I really wish those that run the club could have found a suitable replacement before sacking Shakey, I know it's a little backhanded but out of work managers publicly ruling themselves out doesn't do us any favours. It's like those who seem to make these decisions have no brains.

I could see firing Shakey if and when a quality alternative, who fits, was lined up.  Absent that, this looks like panicking.  We’re entering a critical stretch with a caretaker whose experience is mostly at the third tier, and a hope that one of the few quality European managers now on the bench will come here and have the right answers. 

Is this just hope for a new manager bounce?  Dead cat bounce?  Any bounce will do I guess. 

Strange how many commentators, reporters and pundits always refer to raised expectations as a reason for a sacking when most fans you hear and read want a comfortable season in mid-table and a cup run and both managers have been sacked after failing to win for several games playing boring football and sitting in or just outside the bottom three.

This is no poisoned chalice, if the next man has us sitting comfortably away from danger he'll be fine.

I was listening to Talksport on the way home from the match on Monday and some cockney who was co-presenting with Perry Groves was viscous when talking about us, he put a fan down who said he was fed up, the presenter said how dare he be fed up, us winning the league was a freak and we're just a small club who will always be fighting for relegation and thats what we should expect, I was a little shocked at his tone tbh. Don't know who it was but he presents for Chelsea TV

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I was listening to Talksport on the way home from the match on Monday and some cockney who was co-presenting with Perry Groves was viscous when talking about us, he put a fan down who said he was fed up, the presenter said how dare he be fed up, us winning the league was a freak and we're just a small club who will always be fighting for relegation and thats what we should expect, I was a little shocked at his tone tbh. Don't know who it was but he presents for Chelsea TV

Jason cunty

the new manager has to be able to say to the owners - '£35m for vardy? take it - I can do better with the money and the wages released'.

otherwise it remains a poisoned chalice

btw, he may feel he can get a tune out of the team with vardy up top. just making the point that the new man needs to be his own man, not for the dressing room to play around with and then spit out.

It’s like being prime minister/president, you end up unpopular and out of a job, but you’re rich and never need to work. Don’t care who gets sacked in football as I have absolutely no sense of loyalty to any of our staff or playing staff, they’re paid to do a job. Results over loyalty :) 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Jason cunty

the new manager has to be able to say to the owners - '£35m for vardy? take it - I can do better with the money and the wages released'.

otherwise it remains a poisoned chalice

btw, he may feel he can get a tune out of the team with vardy up top. just making the point that the new man needs to be his own man, not for the dressing room to play around with and then spit out.

What an absolute pillock the bloke was, seeing him on google you can tell as well. Felt sorry for the bloke who rang in, I mean you can disagree with a caller but he was literally having a go at him for his opinion

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

What an absolute pillock the bloke was, seeing him on google you can tell as well. Felt sorry for the bloke who rang in, I mean you can disagree with a caller but he was literally having a go at him for his opinion

And his ex missus who thinks she's a glamour model at 68

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Its a great job for an experienced manager, its clear we have talent in that team, all it needs is someone to go in and demand respect and get them firing again. If the job "isn't attractive" due to the hard work needed to be done, then that's the sort of person we should be avoiding. 

Agree, great opportunity for a confident guy who can use us either has a 4 season springboard, or take a club and mould it into

Your own. We dont want now the owners to settle for safe bets guarranteeing 17th-14th place.A positive top 12 plus still be a target.

Ambition and a plan, on future plans is a must...

19 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

I'll say it again. We really did fv<k up all and every opportunity winning the league gave us in a spectacular only Leicester City way. 

It's incredible that lets say, 10 games or so before the 15/16 season ended, that there wasn't some very clever well paid people coming up with several plans on how if we won the league or got top 4, they were going to purchase players that would cement us to at least becoming a top 6 side, these clever people having the forethought that whilst in the CL if we spend big we whilst an attractive proposition the who knows. It's like it never entered anyones head until they woke up from their hangover in August and of course we end up panic buying for Claudio to say 'what are these players, I not want any players', I give the 11 players a season no matter how dreadful they are'

But what do I know, I'm just a grunt. .

22 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Sorry boss, its not all about what you think though is it?

Just because you read the BBC website doesn't mean other people do

Yes, but it just a bore when you have to print a lengthy article which is already available for those who want to read, however, apology accepted although like you and everyone else on these boards I AM entitled to my opinion.

6 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Yes, but it just a bore when you have to print a lengthy article which is already available for those who want to read, however, apology accepted although like you and everyone else on these boards I AM entitled to my opinion.

If you dont like it, dont look. 

Archived