Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Turbogre

Christmas Shopping

Do most online.

Saves the hassle of travelling and getting stuck in queues waiting to browse for products on display.

Quite a nuisance this period, as have Step-Sisters, Step-Brothers, Step-Grandparents etc to buy for as well as the main family members.

Sorted the Mrs out last week. And my in-laws and nephew's christmas presents were bought last night. Other than that, nothing at all. I usually do it all online as i do that Park Christmas savings club for amazon and LoveToShop vouchers. much easier online than having to scramble around highcross at the last minute!

5 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

Anyone started or finished theirs yet?

I'll be tackling it Friday, and must say i'm dreading it.

Just make yourself a tea, put some music on and do it online. Simple. You don't even have to move and there's nobody getting in your way.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Just make yourself a tea, put some music on and do it online. Simple. You don't even have to move and there's nobody getting in your way.

The Mrs wants to "look around the shops" I'd love nothing more than to do it all online :revenge:

why do you bother?

And as for buying presents for Nephews and step-grandparents - crackers the lot of you.

Christmas crackers.

Personally I buy people things when I feel like it or when they need/request them during the year, maybe something for the grand-daughters around christmas but they can have it whenever.

So many wonderful Christians celebrating Christ's alleged birth on here. How sweet, how naive, how commercial.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

why do you bother?

And as for buying presents for Nephews and step-grandparents - crackers the lot of you.

Christmas crackers.

Personally I buy people things when I feel like it or when they need/request them during the year, maybe something for the grand-daughters around christmas but they can have it whenever.

So many wonderful Christians celebrating Christ's alleged birth on here. How sweet, how naive, how commercial.

god I wish you were my uncle, you sound like a hoot 

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

why do you bother?

Christmas crackers.

Piss off then.

26 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

Will that suffice until Christmas buddy? lol

Surprisingly, that's not how i intended that sentence to sound you dirty fecker! lol

She's surprisingly easy to buy for actually, even though she's not a makeup/jewellery fan. She's into mreally geeky stuff. In the past i've done Star Wars themed gifts, Game of thrones, Lord of the Rings... This year i've gone with a Harry Potter theme. All bought, just waiting on delivery

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

god I wish you were my uncle, you sound like a hoot 

:).

Why should you get a present just because someone related to me had a planned/unplanned pregnancy?

No wonder the UK is ridden with personal debt.

How far should we go? First and second cousins? Brother-in-law's ex wife's step -son from a previous marriage? What about neighbours? Just those next door or is there a radius we should work on?

1 minute ago, Turbogre said:

Piss off then.

Sorry I thought the thread was a discussion on Christmas shopping. I'll leave then. If you've communicated with me on here more than your cousin's girlfriend does it mean I can expect a present in the post? :blush:

6 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Surprisingly, that's not how i intended that sentence to sound you dirty fecker! lol

She's surprisingly easy to buy for actually, even though she's not a makeup/jewellery fan. She's into mreally geeky stuff. In the past i've done Star Wars themed gifts, Game of thrones, Lord of the Rings... This year i've gone with a Harry Potter theme. All bought, just waiting on delivery

Is it the old "magic wand" chat up line?

I'm gone, outta here.

Just now, FIF said:

Sorry I thought the thread was a discussion on Christmas shopping. I'll leave then. If you've communicated with me on here more than your cousin's girlfriend does it mean I can expect a present in the post? :blush:

Considering i'm not buying for the Mrs Cousin, no you shouldn't be expecting a present from me anytime soon.

18 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Did most of ours about a month ago. We save up £600 Park Christmas vouchers every year and they are sent to us in October. Just have the in laws to buy for and our own kids and that's it. Park vouchers make Christmas so much easier

Could you explain some more on these Park vouchers?

My daughter gets presents. My niece and nephews get small presents (they're still young enough to get away with it). 

That's it.

My financials are such that nobody else expects one.

Wish I could, but I can't.

Archived