Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

What's your favorite Leicester City goal?

1. Riyad v chelsea at home in the 15/16 season - technical brilliance

2.  Vardy v liverpool 15/16 - couldn't believe my eyes

3. Claridge v palace 96 - great timing on my first visit to wembley

4. Knockaert v forest 12/13 - dramatic way to reach the playoffs - great at the time

5. Huth v Spurs - Walshy would be proud of that thumping header

6. Riyad v man city - the magical skip before the step over and shot

7. Nalis v Leeds - sticks in the memory

8. Hignett v Arsenal Invincibles - sticks in the memory

9. Most of the 15/16 goals - Ulloa vs Norwich and Stoke 

10. Vardy vs man utd in various home games over the years and all the champs league goals

Edited by foxtillidrop

In addition to those already mentionned

Muzzy Izzet's pinged volley vs Spurs stands out.

Piper vs Spurs last goal at filbert street

Might be thrown out but im going to say seeing bergkamp's goal for arsenal where he came inside elliott while the ball was in the air under control and firing past keller was mesmeric

48 minutes ago, Donut said:

Might be thrown out but im going to say seeing bergkamp's goal for arsenal where he came inside elliott while the ball was in the air under control and firing past keller was mesmeric

well one of my all time favorite Leicester goals was Walshy's equaliser after that Bergkamp goal. Filbo errupted like never before. Unreal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ultrafox said:

well one of my all time favorite Leicester goals was Walshy's equaliser after that Bergkamp goal. Filbo errupted like never before. Unreal.

Remember that this random bloke who I'd never seen before or since .... started hugging me .... surreal. 

Was in pen 1 for that one. 

6 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Remember that this random bloke who I'd never seen before or since .... started hugging me .... surreal. 

Was in pen 1 for that one. 

I was in pen 2 just in front of the goal...yet I never actually saw the ball hit the back of the net. Arms went up and pandemonium broke out at the point Walshy was rising to meet the ball.

Im sure if Leicester University were tracking seismic activity back then they would have noticed another man made earthquake.  A wonderful experience .

Stuck between 2.

Nalis vs Leeds. Cliché I know but if Paul Scholes had hit a volley like that, running backwards, from 30 yards, on his weaker foot, after the ball dropped from quite a height, and managed to beat an England goalkeeper, your average pundit would still talk about it. Incredible. Best goal I've seen live too.

Izzet Vs Grimsby. Same logic applying to Nalis' goal, imagine if a Scholes had scored it. Not to mention it was a miserable night in Grimsby where the quality was pretty terrible up to that point.

In terms of being there and watching live:

1) Vardy’s first PL goal in the man United 5-3 win for me. The way the stadium erupted at the time and even watching it back now the commentary that goes with it is epic. 

2) Nalis v Leeds in 2004 or something. Made all the better because me and my dad had been slating the poor bloke at home for being crap. Then he went and did that.

However although I wasn’t there, Riyad Mahrez’s Goal against Chelsea in the title winning year was stunning. That was a goal I never thought I’d see a leicester player score. It was that night I realised how special he was, truly brilliant. 

Some great choices above but for one I’ve seen in the flesh so to speak it would be a toss up between Thompson at Wembley against swindon and Albrighton against Sevilla just for pure atmosphere and pandamonium! Should just add Kaspers save as well in the latter game!

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

You didn't see Kieth Weller as his finest ?

Volley direct from a corner and another one at the filbert st end on a ploughed field of a pitch where he beat about six men.

Riyad v Man City for me more recently.Hart rooted.

I'm lucky enough to say I did see him........... loved him the Team and Bloomfield      :thumbup:

Edited by Chico1958

14 minutes ago, dynamark said:

You didn't see Kieth Weller as his finest ?

Volley direct from a corner and another one at the filbert st end on a ploughed field of a pitch where he beat about six men.

Riyad v Man City for me more recently.Hart rooted.

Are you sure you're not thinking of this one, away to Luton in the Cup?

• Like 1

These pair.

Anyone younger than late 50s will have never experienced an away end like it (that wonderful time where you could just turn up and pay on the gate - 15,000 or so City fans did just that).

• Like 1

A couple of my favourites that haven't been mentioned already:

Nils versus Preston

Lloyd versus Hereford 

Both for the occasion/celebrations, neither was actually a good goal ha

Oh also de Vries against Spurs and Dublin against Charlton

Edited by potter3