Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

Just now, chapero82 said:

Are you having a laugh? Who gave him the chance? Doing what he’s doing is pretty shitty! 

It is not like he’s not on good money here is it?? Plus as soon as they are back fit he will be on the bench ??

Im thinking logically, just because you are a millionaire doesn't mean you dont want to earn as much as possible.

He feels his achieved all he can at Leicester, this is probably one of the top 3 clubs in world football. 

Maybe he needs to act a certain way to force the clubs hand, im not saying its right.... but he got on with his football last time. I cant see that happening again

Timing is horrendous

Rudkin etc must must show they have learnt from Drinkwater/Silva debacle

Its pretty disgusting than Man City have a minor problem and oh let’s just ruin the seasons prospects of a smaller club

Dont actually blame Riyad but he’s got to be realistic here

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

You know who’s to blame here..that little twat who plays for Cardiff.

True but it is frankly absurd that a side as big as Man City gets a couple of short term injuries and feels they have to go out and try to buy a player to replace them who will then only be on the bench when they return. They are out for a few weeks not months! Shows how stupid the game has become.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

its not a move thats gonna happen in 6 months though is it

Who knows? If that's the case then he's a fool to go there. Play like he is for the rest of the season and who knows which doors may open. Man City only want him for the next 6 weeks then he's back to the reserves or bench and unlikely to feature much for them. If that is what he wants and money is the be all and end all then fine. I'd like to think he's a bit more ambitious to play than that.

Is it confirmed that he missed training ??

I thought he HAD travelled with the squad which, going by Puel's previous would be a no-no if he had absented himself from training.

A lot of the hate here reminds me of the Vardy to Arsenal non-event the previous summer.

Wake up, SKY SPORTS and the Sun ??

The owners want £90 million according to John Percy, fair enough price in today's market.

Man City strapped for cash, poor Pep lacking striking options, ****ing cheque book manager will have spent HALF A BILLION.

Just now, reynard said:

Who knows? If that's the case then he's a fool to go there. Play like he is for the rest of the season and who knows which doors may open. Man City only want him for the next 6 weeks then he's back to the reserves or bench and unlikely to feature much for them. If that is what he wants and money is the be all and end all then fine. I'd like to think he's a bit more ambitious to play than that.

Maybe he thinks if he gets his foot in the door he can be a starter, but thats only because of the injuries hence why they wasnt in before

Im completely finished with him he didnt turn up today. Really am. Get him moved on if we can get a decent fee for him. Sick and tired of this shit every window.  He isn't good enough for a top side 4 and will get found out pretty quickly

• Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Maybe he thinks if he gets his foot in the door he can be a starter, but thats only because of the injuries hence why they wasnt in before

it is all ifs and maybes but in the summer he may have more choice and we might demand a lower fee?

Since when has it been a thing for clubs (I know West Ham are particularly good at this if you believe the media) to have to sign a very good, high profile player to cover a player who is out injured for a few weeks? ****ing deal with it. I'm not just saying this because its Mahrez. Do they literally have nobody capable of stepping in for a while?

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Im completely finished with him he didnt turn up today. Really am. Get him moved on if we can get a decent fee for him. Sick and tired of this shit every window.  He isn't good enough for a top side 4 and will get found out pretty quickly

lol

1 minute ago, adam said:

Seriously ????

Check out his stats compared to Coutinho and Hazard over the last 2 years, should be ashamed of yourself, we would be back in the Championship (at best) without his (and others) contribution.

A fair price is what I would demand AND re-invest in quality (Ziyech and Thorgen).

1 minute ago, reynard said:

it is all ifs and maybes but in the summer he may have more choice and we might demand a lower fee?

Why would the club demand a lower fee

player prices are in increasing all the time

people would expect Mahrez to keep producing at the same level, and they would do the same thing as 4 months ago.

Player A has sold for 250m Mahrez must be worth 150m

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

True but it is frankly absurd that a side as big as Man City gets a couple of short term injuries and feels they have to go out and try to buy a player to replace them who will then only be on the bench when they return. They are out for a few weeks not months! Shows how stupid the game has become.

They're playing for the League the Cup, the CL and the League Cup. Sané's injury changed everything and if Sanchez was still avalaible they'd have bid for him. Jesus is still out for the next three weeks, Sane until late march and Silva doesn't seem to have settled. It's not a panic buy, it's any emergency one. I think they won't go over 65M.

He wasn't the first choice on their short list but the possibility of winning the PL and the CL (they have a real chance at it) turned his head on. It's a chance of a lifetime for him hence his transfer request. 

Still pisses me off though and it's the worst possible timing right now, especially with Everton's game tomorrow in which he'll definitely won't feature.

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

Since when has it been a thing for clubs (I know West Ham are particularly good at this if you believe the media) to have to sign a very good, high profile player to cover a player who is out injured for a few weeks? ****ing deal with it. I'm not just saying this because its Mahrez. Do they literally have nobody capable of stepping in for a while?

I know pathetic isn't it. Imagine being a promising youngster there. Thought you might have half a chance to play but no as they go and chuck a few million at the problem instead.

• Like 1