Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

Mahrez is alleged to have failed to turn up for training on Tuesday, ahead of their game at Everton, and later that day handed in his second formal transfer request in under 12 months.

Anyone know if this is true?

In the John Percy article

I feel for Riyad, I believe the BEST (I think he belongs in that category in the English game at present) players have a right to fulfill their potential and achieve the maximum in their playing careers.

BUT, the fee has to be realistic and representative in the current market.

Cotinho £140+ million, Van Dijk £75 million, ..................Mahrez £55 million ???

Put your David Brent voice on and "you having a larf??"

Let's START the bidding at £85 million................he is a rare talent, feel priviliged to have watched him play for the foxes.

On a day when respects have been paid to another Midlands football legend (nice one Cyril), let's not be too harsh on the most gifted player we have ever had.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

I feel for Riyad, I believe the BEST (I think he belongs in that category in the English game at present) players have a right to fulfill their potential and achieve the maximum in their playing careers.

Cotinho £140+ million, Van Dijk £75 million, ..................Mahrez £55 million ???

Let's START the bidding at £85 million................he is a rare talent, feel priviliged to have watched him play for the foxes.

On a day when respects have been paid to another Midlands football legend (nice one Cyril), let's not be too harsh on the most gifted player we have ever had.  

At the end of the day he’s still being paid more money than any normal person will ever see! 

And to disrespect our club by not turning up today I really hope the owners make it as hard for him to leave as Possible! 

• Thanks 1

Riyad Mahrez hands in transfer request Man City amid interest but Leicester will hold out for £90m

Riyad Mahrez has stunned Leicester with another transfer request after emerging as a late target for Manchester City, but it could require a British record to sign the winger.

Mahrez is pushing for a move to the runaway Premier League leaders on deadline day with Pep Guardiola prepared to pay up to £60million for the former PFA Player of the Year.

City have moved for Mahrez after Leroy Sane was ruled out until at least late March with ankle ligament damage and were in talks with Leicester for much of Tuesday attempting to advance the deal.

But Leicester’s Thai owners, the Srivaddhanaprabha family, are maintaining a hardline stance on Mahrez and insist he is not for sale, especially at such a late stage in the transfer window.

And while Leicester have no plans to sell the Algeria international it is understood that it would require a fee of around £90million to even raise the prospect of a deal being done. The current British transfer record is the £89m Manchester United paid Juventus for Paul Pogba in August 2016.

Mahrez is alleged to have failed to turn up for training on Tuesday, ahead of their game at Everton, and later that day handed in his second formal transfer request in under 12 months.

Aymeric Laporte has joined from Athletic Bilbao Aymeric Laporte has joined from Athletic Bilbao Credit: Reuters

It is thought highly unlikely that he will be involved at Goodison Park on Wednesday night.

Guardiola has already smashed Manchester City’s transfer record with the £57.1m capture of Aymeric Laporte from Athletic Bilbaoand twice evaded direct questions about Mahrez on Tuesday.

When asked if signing the 26-year-old was a possibility, he replied: "Right now, it's the same as [Alexis] Sanchez, Laporte, it's not the place to talk about it. It's so difficult.

“It happened with Laporte because it's a buy-out clause, when you have to negotiate it's always so complicated.

"I have interest in a lot of players, good players, there are many, the window is open until the 31st. We spoke many times with the club to see what is the best with the players we have.

Mahrez in action against Manchester City last year Mahrez in action against Manchester City last year Credit: Getty images

“Right now we have just three strikers with Raheem [Sterling], for the next month or month and a half. Gabriel [Jesus] is coming maybe in the next two to three weeks, we don't have too much and we play every three days. We have to find solutions.” Jesus is facing a race to be fit for the League Cup final on 25 Feb.

Mahrez’s head has been turned by Guardiola’s interest and he has admitted previously that he is a huge fan of the Spaniard and his former club, Barcelona. Despite Leicester’s determination to keep him, it is shaping up to be the nightmare scenario they were desperate to avoid.

Mahrez first informed the former Premier League title winners of his desire to leave in May last year, amid interest in Roma, while he spent the last transfer deadline day at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport waiting for a move which never materialised.

Leicester sources claimed on Tuesday night that the club is yet to receive a formal bid for Mahrez, with negotiations more focused on the price Manchester City are happy to pay. But more talks are expected on Wednesday, with Leicester’s stance likely to be hardened by Mahrez’s latest transfer request. He has two-and-a-half years left on his £100,000 a week contract.

Guardiola wants to strengthen in light of Leroy Sane's injury Credit: Getty images

Guardiola has moved for Mahrez after Sane was initially ruled out for up to seven weeks - though that could turn out to be longer - with an ankle injury, sustained in the FA Cup win at Cardiff on Sunday.

The Germany international is expected to miss the EFL Cup Final against Arsenal and both legs of the Champions League tie with Basel.

Guardiola, meanwhile, has defended his huge spending since taking charge at the Etihad Stadium, with the signing of Laporte taking his outlay in 19 months at City to £448 million, more than half of which has been spent on defenders.

2 minutes ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

It is not a question of being harsh. The timing stinks. Fair play if they had shown an interest at a sensible level on 1st Jan but with a match tomorrow there's basically no time for us to react and Man city only want him for 6 weeks then hell be on the bench at best. If they want him they have to pay what we want otherwise sod off. If he doesn't want to play ok. Just let him rot. He'll still be earning a fortune. After all I'm constantly told it is money that matters. If he failed to show up for training if that is true then I've absolutely no sympathy for him at all.

• Like 2

How can he possibly come back and play for us if this doesn’t go through? That’s two transfer requests now. I don’t think I can remember many players as desperate to leave a club as Mahrez.

I think he’ll end up going for 65-70 million.

id be damn pissed if i was vichai or rudkin that he failed to turn up for work today 

if it was me at 11:59 weds night and mahrez says what happened why not sell me to manchester 

"sorry mate i forgot to bring my phone work today , never mind ill bring it tomorrow "

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

So Riyad just didn’t turn up today! That’s disgusting if you ask me! 

He wants out, has for ages.

Can you blame him with the potential money he could make, once in a lifetime opportunity at City for him.

Would they be in for him with out the injuries to Sane and Jesus??

Edited by HankMarvin

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Cant you blame him with the potential money he could make, once in a lifetime opportunity at City for him.

Are you having a laugh? Who gave him the chance? Doing what he’s doing is pretty shitty! 

It is not like he’s not on good money here is it?? Plus as soon as they are back fit he will be on the bench ??

• Like 1

SSN is no more than a click-bait site to encourage punters to place bets, rarely IF EVER do I recall them landing a coup on a real transfer story.

Riyad to stay in my opinion.

John percy is normally pretty reliable on us though.

SSN is no more than a click-bait site to encourage punters to place bets, rarely IF EVER do I recall them landing a coup on a real transfer story.

Riyad to stay in my opinion.

They also need something for Jim Hwite to rattle on about for a few hours, when there are no deals to be done, just so that we can be grateful to them for providing such wonderful entertainment!

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Cant you blame him with the potential money he could make, once in a lifetime opportunity at City for him.

Not really the way to go about it though is it?

Doesn't look very professional. Apart from the fans his colleagues deserve more respect.