Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

1 minute ago, Antoine said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Assorted highlights from Guardiola&#39;s press conference. Mahrez, options to cover Sane, some high praise for Foden... <a href="https://t.co/cptbS08kG8">pic.twitter.com/cptbS08kG8</a></p>&mdash; Sam Lee (@Sammy_Goal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/958468737589530624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 30, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Like 1

I'm not happy at all at any of this. It stinks.

We've no time to get a replacement, from what it seems they are nowhere near the valuation and all it's doing is destabilising the squad.

If the valuation is not met, and we cannot replace, he can sulk until the end of the season and then be sold. Stick him in the u23's and fine him if he starts messing around.

How depressing that the moment there is a sniff of interest, he's "Desperate" to leave and slaps in a transfer request.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Doesnt matter what his done or won he has been inconsistent, hence why no one even gazumped Romas low offer in the Summer.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, In Mahrez case 4 months ago 30m

That's an absurd statement.

I couldn't give two hoots what a buying club value him at, we also determine the price. If you're selling your house and have no offers for six months do you then take a 50% offer because it's the only offer you've had?

If we genuinely value Mahrez at £90m and the offer is £55m then he doesn't get sold. I suppose you were advocating selling him to Roma six months a go for £30m as that was the only offer we had and that hasn't worked out well for you has it?

23 minutes ago, kingfox said:

First two months of the season don't make impressive reading do they...

Well he is the only player in the league to have at least 8 goals and 7 assists this season.

If he was rubbish for the first two months under Shakey pretty much like the whole team he must have been world class since Puel came to accumulate those numbers so quickly. you can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I think you've seen a highlight reel of Messi and assume top players play like that all the time.

I've seen all these top players like Coutinho, Hazard, Griezmann, Pogba, etc  come to Leicester and I've barely noticed them. one thing I will say though is Mahrez's numbers over the last three season matches up with any of those players despite having less favourable conditions to perform than his peers. If Messi came to Leicester at 21 I swear there would be people on here saying he's not a top four player and not worth a top transfer fee. The problem is too many people think these players are better than what they are and hold Mahrez to a standard that doesn't exist or only exists for the likes of Ronaldo and Messi, the stats support that. 

Coutinho tore us apart then went off at half time. Those players are far more consistent than Mahrez is though. Yet again you mention the title winning season, the main reason why his stats stack up against those mentioned. Look what happened last season, look at some spells this season. Don't get me wrong on his day he is unplayable and one of the best players in the league, £100 million though, come on now.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Well he is the only player in the league to have at least 8 goals and 7 assists this season.

If he was rubbish for the first two months under Shakey pretty much like the whole team he must have been world class since Puel came to accumulate those numbers so quickly. you can't have it both ways.

He's contributed well recently but his overall performances have been mixed, look at the Watford game for example, yes he scored but for most of that game he didn't do much.

13 minutes ago, Guybino said:

Does he really hate it here that much? :(

No. But take off your supporter's hat.

If you played for Southampton and one of the great man utd teams came in for you, wouldn't you want to go?

47 minutes ago, kingfox said:

First two months of the season don't make impressive reading do they...

When he averaged a 6.86 rating during a rough stretch of fixtures that led to Shakespeare’s sacking? Not bad at all. 

There is no pattern of hot and cold spells there.

You’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

No. But take off your supporter's hat.

If you played for Southampton and one of the great man utd teams came in for you, wouldn't you want to go?

I guess. Tbh I think its pretty ruthless that teams inquire/make bids so close to deadline. That's football nowadays i suppose. Player gets injured, buy another teams arguably best player.

Just now, The_77 said:

When he averaged a 6.86 rating during a rough stretch of fixtures that led to Shakespeare’s sacking? Not bad at all. 

There is no pattern of hot and cold spells there.

You’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. 

Not sure why the text is showing up in different sizes. Oh, well. 

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We're unwilling sellers so we can dictate the price. With the likes of Slimani we are willing sellers so that effects the price in the opposite direction.

You can criticise Mahrez because "all he did was score" against Watford but the facts are no one in the league matches has got at least 8 goals and 7 assists this season apart from Mahrez. All these other top players like Coutinho, Sane, De Bruyne, Hazard, etc must look brilliant but don't actually produce as much that is tangible than Mahrez according to your logic

I wonder what the stats of all these players would look like if they had been here for three seasons and playing RM in a 4-4-2 with defensive responsibilities in a low possession side with inferior players than what they are used to?

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Man City today and within a year they think he's their best player and the media will be giving Pep all the credit for making him the player he is. 

Preach.

42 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We're unwilling sellers so we can dictate the price. With the likes of Slimani we are willing sellers so that effects the price in the opposite direction.

You can criticise Mahrez because "all he did was score" against Watford but the facts are no one in the league matches has got at least 8 goals and 7 assists this season apart from Mahrez. All these other top players like Coutinho, Sane, De Bruyne, Hazard, etc must look brilliant but don't actually produce as much that is tangible than Mahrez according to your logic

I wonder what the stats of all these players would look like if they had been here for three seasons and playing RM in a 4-4-2 with defensive responsibilities in a low possession side with inferior players than what they are used to?

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Man City today and within a year they think he's their best player and the media will be giving Pep all the credit for making him the player he is. 

I did say he has contributed extremely well recently, there's no denying that, I just think his overall performances don't warrant a £100 million price tag.

Sane and De Bruyne both have 10 assists this season, Coutinho had 6 before he left and he played about 10 less games than Riyad. I'm sure De Bruyne, Sane, Hazard and Coutinho have created more chances too. If you had the choice between those players and Riyad you'd choose one of them all day long.

The only reason Man City want him because Sane is currently injured, Sane and Sterling have been hot in the majority of matches this season, few average games from Riyad and he'd be on the bench.

14 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I did say he has contributed extremely well recently, there's no denying that, I just think his overall performances don't warrant a £100 million price tag.

Sane and De Bruyne both have 10 assists this season, Coutinho had 6 before he left and he played about 10 less games than Riyad. I'm sure De Bruyne, Sane, Hazard and Coutinho have created more chances too. If you had the choice between those players and Riyad you'd choose one of them all day long.

The only reason Man City want him because Sane is currently injured, Sane and Sterling have been hot in the majority of matches this season, few average games from Riyad and he'd be on the bench.

That's fine. If the board thinks it does, and Man City agree, that's what his price tag is. If Man City disagree, he doesn't get sold. Pretty simple really, and given where we are and how keen we are to lose him, I don't see why the board should capitulate.

Just my VHO but the stats suggest he is worth far more than £55 million and is still under contract, a contract that he was happy to sign and his income from the club should already be enough to make him financially secure for life he is a multi millionaire. He is clearly an asset to the club and he and his agent need to understand that and the club need to act in the best interests of the club not the player and if he is to leave it needs to be a deal that is agreeable to us. Play hard ball if he is that desperate to move tell him to take a 100k a week pay cut on his 4yr deal and that £20 million can go towards a more realistic fee. His advisors are also taking a big risk, his antics in August were poor and unprofessional and yes he has shown enough to warrant a move to a bigger club but he and his advisors also need to accept the club who have made him the player he is also have earned the right to receive an appropriate fee for his sale. 

• Like 2

still cant see why Man City would want Riyad considering the amount of talent they have there, if Man City had a full strength team he wouldnt make it into their starting 11 for me,

donr get me wrong i can see why hed want to go and play for someone like Pep etc but if he looks at the bigger picture will it be good for his career and showcasing his talents...im thinking not, money wise it will be mind.

really is being poorly advised on all front tbh, probably by an agent looking for some more monies