Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

1 minute ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

And wtf do Man City fans have to do with their transfers and fees paid?

We get it, you want us to sell.

You don’t get it, we don’t want to sell unless the fee is what WE (the club) see as acceptable.

The fans can all speculate as much as they want, means fvck all.

The scousers were adamant Coutinho wouldn’t go unless they got 190m, how did that pan out?

Its not the fans, the manager, the player or even the buyer that sets the price.

Its the club.

In this case OUR club.

And our club isn’t yours, obviously .

so GFY

I don't remember seeing my name anywhere on Companies House in relation to the ownership of the club?

So from that, I deduce that it isn't anymore mine or our club than Fennec-Fox's club!

Just now, Callabinho said:

One of my mates is a Man City ST holder. He doesn’t think they will match what we want. It’s more of an attempt to get him on the cheap for a short term fix.

Oh well, thank heavens for that!

What would we have done without him?

:nigel:

He's an idiot for trying to push this through on the day of an important league game.

Sentimentality goes out the window for me.  I've had the evening to think about it and the more I do, the more annoyed I am with him.  He's unprofessional in his handling of this.  

I won't say any more on the matter until the window closes.

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Sorry but no. A Barcelona or Real Madrid. A Man Utd or Bayern then you may have a point. Man City are only where they are due to oil money and don't fill their stadium half the time they play. Yes they will win the league and he will be joining a more powerful club but they are not on the level of the biggest clubs on the planet. All the money in the world won't make it the dream move he was looking for...

Come on, at the minute City is a team anyone would want to play for.

They are favourites for the Champions league, play glorious football and you are already walking into another league title medal, not to mention the level of play Guardiola can take a player to.

Mahrez is more naturally talented than Sterling and look how good he has looked this season, I can totally understand him wanting to go.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Come on, at the minute City is a team anyone would want to play for.

They are favourites for the Champions league, play glorious football and you are already walking into another league title medal, not to mention the level of play Guardiola can take a player to.

Mahrez is more naturally talented than Sterling and look how good he has looked this season, I can totally understand him wanting to go.

Alexis Sanchez? 

22 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

If Man City get him for say £50 million that will take Pep's spending at the club to £500 million.

Only PSG can compete with this level of spend.

Does FFP not apply to them ?  

I have never understood FFP, especially when comparing top clubs actual  financial status, and games of funds.

Bayern (I am a BVB fan)  despite personal fraud from some, actually seem to be one of the few world clubs,

plus German clubs on a whole, who even before FFP actually ran straight and  viable Businesses....

That said I respect, but still hate Bayern and Shalke....I am English but been so long here, I have taken on all

susceptible and unreasonable traits of the  Local German fans.

Though of late, my priority has switched to PL, so much so, this last 2 seasons the Bundesliga I dont follow so

Fanatically or intimately... or come to it  world football either ...

Just now, Vlad the Fox said:

Does it really need explaining???

I mean it is different scenarios but as a descriptive example of something a normal person might be able to relate to don't think "ridiculous" is quite the right word?  Too simplified?  Overly black and white?  Maybe.  Ridiculous?  Not really.  In essence it is a decent example of what a "real world" version of the mentalness that is football might look like.  Unless I have misunderstood the word ridiculous? X

the worst thing about it all is just the level of disrespect shown by the average football fan towards mahrez. “not worth 50 mill”, “nowhere near good enough for man city” etc. he’s one of the best players in the league, upsetting he’s going to go somewhere that the fans don’t rate him. 

not that most our fans deserve him either based on most the comments in this thread. 

such a shame. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

We could really do without all this bs on the day of a league game. How are the players meant to focus particularly when a mahrez a spat his dummy out in protest 

It could work in reverse and the players go out and prove we can do it without him

Wow someone at the independent forgot their cornflakes this morning..

Latest updates

07:49 GMT
Manchester City's late, late move for Riyad Mahrez came out of the blue yesterday, but led to the Manchester City midfielder handing in a transfer request - his second in six months - to try and force a move away from Leicester City.

However, the former Premier League champions are refusing to be bullied into selling the Egyptian, and have turned down THREE offers for Mahrez with the latest registering at £55m.
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

He's an idiot for trying to push this through on the day of an important league game.

Sentimentality goes out the window for me.  I've had the evening to think about it and the more I do, the more annoyed I am with him.  He's unprofessional in his handling of this.  

I won't say any more on the matter until the window closes.

So one league game, not the fact its window closing time...is more important to the ways of the footballers career descisions. Really!!   

Its not reaaly relevant, but I just like it....

'So you would stay to put the lights out any Systematically run the machines down , if there was a fire'

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Colourmy said:

I don't remember seeing my name anywhere on Companies House in relation to the ownership of the club?

So from that, I deduce that it isn't anymore mine or our club than Fennec-Fox's club!

Pedantic tosser.

If you don’t understand the meaning then I’d guess

You probably have a second and third team.

Any lifelong fan of any single football team, regardless of status would know exactly what was meant.

Have you not ever been asked the question ‘whose your team?’ 

if so,I’m guessing the dreary droning answer was ‘ well I don’t actually own any team and I do not currently sit on any board of any team. I have no financial investments in any team nor do I intend to. When I was 8 I was once picked for a netball team but I was not made captain so I therefore never considered it to be my team. I once lead a team in orienteering, but endured a mutiny after getting lost. I was often picked last when playing  with my friends so never really felt like I belong to a team never mind owning one.

The A team is the only one I own.

On DVD.”

sarcasm is easy

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Nah, it's been demolished :( He'll have to go on the Grand National instead 

He can use my caravan at Butlins sort if he wants. They've still got one on ingoldmells.

Give me a shout road.

(He'll have to sneak in though cos caravan parks not open til march)

My concern is that this could spell the end of him for us even if he doesn't go. It took too long to get him back last time. Get as much as we can and let him go. We'e never been in a better position to lose him.

So long riyad, and thanks for all the fish.

football and money are in a big fat mess.  Players sign new contracts for say 4 years in return for big wages and then think they can opt out any time they like.  Its time for a big chunk of their wages to be set aside and only paid on completion of t e term of the contract, signing of a new one or a transfer instigated by the club.  This would focus players on taking contracts seriously.  

Now... most players are focused on footy..  yet their agents negotiate big contracts and then   instigate to move a player on when they like.  I predict now that mahrez will not be sold (coz the owners can't be made to look fools (again) and city wont pay the money... but that will leave Mahrez (who seems a humble unconfident kinda guy) with another dip in his form.   It is likely he will move in the summers - his impatient agent is chasing a move that wont happen and consequently adding to the belief that mahrez's form is patchy.  Well done swizz tony.

Edited by foxinsocks