Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Doesnt matter what his done or won he has been inconsistent, hence why no one even gazumped Romas low offer in the Summer.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, In Mahrez case 4 months ago 30m

Which we rightly didn’t accept and should accept anything under 90m ... simple he is under contract 

1 hour ago, adam said:

55 million is a piss take. Saying that though he will struggle to get a game at Man City. I don't think he is good enough for them.

It will be interesting to see what Riyad can do in a team where he has equals and therefore teams are unable to double/triple  mark him.

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Which we rightly didn’t accept and should accept anything under 90m ... simple he is under contract 

The point being no one came in for him near that price, once he made it pubically known he wanted out again.

Yet he still had all the awards you mentioned

"I had a good discussion with the chairman last summer and we agreed at that time that I would stay for another year in order to help the club as best as I could following the transition of winning the title and in the Champions League.

"I've had the four best seasons of my career at Leicester and have loved every moment. I feel immense pride to have been a part of what we have achieved during my time at the club, culminating in becoming Premier League champions.

"The relationship I share with the club and our amazing fans are something I will treasure forever and I truly hope they will understand and respect my decision."

May 2017

Edited by HankMarvin

1 hour ago, Redouane said:

He's been decisive in almost every match. Do you expect him to score 10 goals per game??

Bollocks has he. He's had his good spells where he's looked unplayable, he's had his poor spells where he's been frustrating to watch and had little impact. As I said on his day he can be one of the best; however I still feel he's too inconsistent to be worth £100 million.

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

IIRC there were some recent stats showing he was ahead of Courtinho for assists and goals over the last 2 seasons or something similar...

You'd pay more for the better car down the garage, right? 

Everyone brings up the title winning season though, everybody knows full well how good his stats were from that season. Last season he had too many shit moments, this season he's recaptured his form but he's still had some crappy moments. He's too inconsistent for my liking, £70 million is a very good price for him.

I do hope we can hold out till the Summer though because right now not just for our club but for him, moving to Man City would be a shitty move, I can't see him playing in that side on a regular basis.

14 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

To the contrary to the many here I couldn't care less about the money asked for him to go. 20, 30, 40, 100M makes 0 difference for me as he's beyond numbers when it comes to his importance for the team. We won't replace him with 100M player because no 100M player will come, so we have to do what we do best, unearth a gem or buy smart. Maguire, Ndidi, Iborra, Silva and probably Diabs are all good signings. Like Mahrez, Vardy or Kanté were.

I don't begrudge him, he always was clear about wanting to go and behaved professionally in the meanwhile. I also understand that with his talent he wants to achieve something that he'll probably never get here. You're right when you said he paid his due even if some people here don't see it this way. We plucked him out of nowhere but he gave enough in return to go without one being mad at him. It would be unfair.

That said, it's simply sad because we gained some momentum are an exciting side to watch with a real chance to aim at Europa. With a settled team and Puel getting it to click, we could have been in for a treat the last part of the season. Even if he stays, i don't know in which mental state we'll find him. 

Behaved professionally?.. 

Is touting yourself around on deadline day acting professionally then?.. I think not!.. Hope the owners dig their heels in for £80m min or stay and sulk in the reserves! 

Just now, HankMarvin said:

The point being no one came in for him near that price, once he made it pubically known he wanted out again.

Yet he still had all the awards you mentioned

Which doesn’t matter because there have been far worse players moving for more... clubs just think they can go in cheap because we are leicester... you don’t just accept an offer because it is the only one, we have a value and it needs to be met

Random spout on Twitter of Mahrez not turning up for training today. Who knows.

What I do know is, if he isn't 100% committed to playing for our great club, then we don't need him. Need commitment right across the pitch.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Bollocks has he. He's had his good spells where he's looked unplayable, he's had his poor spells where he's been frustrating to watch and had little impact. As I said on his day he can be one of the best; however I still feel he's too inconsistent to be worth £100 million.

So inconsistent.

(P.s sorry for the red filter, my phone is on night mode)

Screenshot_20180131-010103.thumb.png.5c4707bc44b06e8e5dc2d1643a554411.png

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Behaved professionally?.. 

Is touting yourself around on deadline day acting professionally then?.. I think not!.. Hope the owners dig their heels in for £80m min or stay and sulk in the reserves! 

6 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

People keep saying this but hanging out at the airport, coming out in the media about how much he wants to leave (before anyone had even bid for him), pulling out of matchday squads to make a point, changing his effort levels depending on how high-profile a match it is and generally playing for himself to put him in the shop window are all rather unprofessional things to do.

I just have no sympathy for these players. They sign these long contracts because they want the 'financial security' but then we should be crying a river that they can't move to another club at the drop of a hat? Some of the things I'm reading on here like 'he deserves this, he deserves that'. Some of you sound like Danny Murphy. And yes that is an insult.

It doesn't make any difference to me how much money we get for Mahrez but equally it doesn't make any difference to me if Mahrez gets his 'dream move' or not. I don't feel we owe him anything - but what he does owe us is effort and commitment over the course of his contract.

If the club feel it's in our best interests to sell him then fine, but we're not going to sell him because we want the best for him and he's not going to stay to stop a 5 year old kid being upset either.

Apples and oranges. I don't give a damn about the airport, he could have stayed there two weeks for all I care. What matters is his behavior on the pitch, which is what he's paid for.

If he downed the tools on the pitch that would be another matter and wake up, loyalty has always been the privilege of either true legends which are extremely rare or, more commonly, the less talented. Professional football always was about getting in the best possible club and playing at the highest possible level. That's the final goal of any competitive sport or any work for that matter.

You're deluded if you think otherwise. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Redouane said:

So inconsistent.

(P.s sorry for the red filter, my phone is on night mode)

Screenshot_20180131-010103.thumb.png.5c4707bc44b06e8e5dc2d1643a554411.png

Like I said hot spells and bad spells.

In some of the games where he's contributed with a goal or assist he hasn't really stood out.

Unlike last season though it shows he can be poor yet still chip in with a key moment.

12 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Like I said hot spells and bad spells.

In some of the games where he's contributed with a goal or assist he hasn't really stood out.

Unlike last season though it shows he can be poor yet still chip in with a key moment.

Cold spells this season? 

Those stats simply don’t tell the story you’re trying to tell. 

2 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

In today’s market he is worth at least £100 million. I would tell them to Fvck Off unless they stump up the readies 

But by holding out for £100 million, he could end up staying (which is good if fully focused)

If not, and he starts to not perform his value will go down, so we stand to lose out on the deal potentially.

If he stays and keeps up this form, with an agreement they will definitely move him on in the summer for x amount of money, id settle for that.

But the disaster is a Berahino scenario on a bigger scale.

I just dont like the way the power lies with the player in all of this, as usual. He can decide to make life difficult for everyone, and basically screw everyone over if he doesnt get his own way.

7 minutes ago, Donut said:

I just dont like the way the power lies with the player in all of this, as usual. He can decide to make life difficult for everyone, and basically screw everyone over if he doesnt get his own way.

Lets be honest, it works both ways... if a team wants rid of a player they will do so... banish him to the reserves, make him train alone... limit his first team football in the same year as a major tournament, so it’s swings and roundabouts really...

its the same as a player getting a bumper new 5 year contract... that’s  just as much for the clubs benefit as the players  as it greatly increases what we can get for him as we Can claim we have so much more invested in him..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

Lets be honest, it works both ways... if a team wants rid of a player they will do so... banish him to the reserves, make him train alone... limit his first team football in the same year as a major tournament, so it’s swings and roundabouts really...

its the same as a player getting a bumper new 5 year contract... that’s  just as much for the clubs benefit as the players  as it greatly increases what we can get for him as we Can claim we have so much more invested in him..

Well for one, the club owns the player so what they do with him is up to them. And the player was happy to sign the contract in the first place.

Secondly, the power is all with the player, the contract is frankly irrelevant. What does it matter how much we have "invested" in him if he wants to leave and isnt offering the club anything? Then no one will touch him at this mythical higher price and youre forced to accept a lower bid just to get rid of them.

The club doesnt stand to benefit at all. The bumper contract is a great incentive for the player...... we are going to make you rich for the duration of the contract. A great reason to come and join us rather than the other similar reputation team.

If a player wants to sit on his arse and collect a wage for the entire length of the contract he can. Its been done by guys like Sean Wright Philips, Winston Bogarde, Julio Cesar, countless others.

If a player gets a hint someone is in for him, a certain group of them will make sure they make life very awkward to leave.

So the players hold all the cards and they know that. Its all in THEIR favour, not the favour of the employer.

At any given moment, your theory of the club benefitting can go out the window.

Edited by Donut

2 hours ago, Joefox said:

How can he possibly come back and play for us if this doesn’t go through? That’s two transfer requests now. I don’t think I can remember many players as desperate to leave a club as Mahrez.

I think he’ll end up going for 65-70 million.

Would you be a keen follower of football?