Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

2 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Part of the message given out to the football world about our ambitions is the way we handle our (potential) departing players. 

Play real hard ball and it implies strength, ambition and ability to build.

That's what Southampton thought with VVD last summer, and what Watford thought with Silva in October.

On last seasons form £50 million would've been just about right for him, this season though he's really upped his form again, not been at his best mind but there's been times where he's been unplayable, anything less than £70 million then you can tell them to fvck off. The fans that are brandishing the £100 million figure about are deluded in my opinion, on his day he's one of the best but he doesn't show it often enough, he isn't worth that much.

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

That's what Southampton thought with VVD last summer, and what Watford thought with Silva in October.

Well they got 75 million for vvd on no planet is he worth more than riyad

Edited by les-tah

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

He was always going...Any other thoughts was hope and speculation.

He had to put in a request, so Clubs can make a move...

For me, its a question of how much...!!!

He is doing nothing wrong, there is no good or bad time, or even what is fair time.

Fans hacking him off , childish..!!   He has a right to up his career.He stayed longer

than expected, clubs tried to get him on the cheap. In todays market, we should be

looking for offers over 80mil+, silly market but thats life!!

If we give in...on price that will be our fault.

Some fans can build up for contempt for their own frustrating reasons, for me

if he stays or goes, hes earnt my grace and thanks.

Hes got to do more, than hand in a transfer request,not at/for  some fans liking,

before I start disliking him....So stay or go in peace my son....You gave us some

great moments, you go down as one of the legends....love to have you a bit longer..:)

Brilliant post. To be too bitter to recognise what Riyad has done for us says more about those posters, than it does about Riyad.

Leicester legend, and always will be.  :riyad:

• Like 1

Really thought we'd get through this window without this kind of nonsense. Still think Man City's interest is totally left field. If he is meant to be cover for Sané, do they not realise Mahrez plays on the right, not the left? And then once Jesus and Sané return in a couple of weeks will they even need him? Even in their absence I'm not sure they do, given their huge squad. And all just when it felt like we could have a great end to the season. 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

like i said before, it's all about the 50 million talk, if it is true, the club is losing either way. what a mess! :nigel:

Prices inflate due to the current market prices. £50m would have been his value if the silly fees weren't paid elsewhere.

Look no further than the housing market as an example. A house once worth 180k a year ago is now worth around 200k.

Club hold all the cards I feel. Forget the £50m that was quoted previously.

12 minutes ago, kingfox said:

On last seasons form £50 million would've been just about right for him, this season though he's really upped his form again, not been at his best mind but there's been times where he's been unplayable, anything less than £70 million then you can tell them to fvck off. The fans that are brandishing the £100 million figure about are deluded in my opinion, on his day he's one of the best but he doesn't show it often enough, he isn't worth that much.

He's been decisive in almost every match. Do you expect him to score 10 goals per game??

11 minutes ago, kingfox said:

The fans that are brandishing the £100 million figure about are deluded in my opinion, on his day he's one of the best but he doesn't show it often enough, he isn't worth that much.

IIRC there were some recent stats showing he was ahead of Courtinho for assists and goals over the last 2 seasons or something similar...

You'd pay more for the better car down the garage, right? 

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Can the club persuade him to stay via insisting that they'll do everything to win the FA and qualify for Europe that way?

hmmm Man City 

Winning the League

Possible Champions league winners

Double your wages

play with some of the best players in the world

Exponential Commercial growth 

Possibly the FA cup

or Stay at Leicester an play in the Europa League next year  :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

hmmm Man City 

Winning the League

Possible Champions league winners

Double your wages

play with some of the best players in the world

Exponential Commercial growth 

Possibly the FA cup

or Stay at Leicester an play in the Europa League next year  :ph34r:

We still not garrentied a place in the Europa league 

1 minute ago, richardsfoxes said:

I don't really care about the money, all numbers on a piece of paper that make no difference to us as fans. Will be gutting watching him play for City if he does leave in January, we're never getting a replacement in 24 hours that's for sure. 

He already is playing for City. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

I blame that arse face Sanchez. If he had signed I doubt they'd go for Mahrez. Everything was going so well, 7th, massive match v Everton coming, F.A. Cup run looking good then there from above comes a shower of shite on our parade. I appreciate their injury to Sane may have jerked them into response but ffs bid on January 1st not a day before the window closes and with everyone focused on a big match. As for value we've seen Courtinhos fee, we've seen a CB who can't play CB (David Luiz) move for 50 million in the past, I'd want nothing less than 82.5 million, a set of tracksuits and a written acknowledgement that Shawodawady & Kasabian outclass Oasis, The Smiths and The Stone Roses. Oh and Delph.

You forgot the swivel chair...

• Haha 1