Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

28 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Being City!! What does that mean exactly? Why not 'being Vichai'? Because he ultimately calls the shots on what is necessary - or am I wrong about that?

Mahrez is under contract and, according to Schmeichel - when asked about Mahrez, he said that the Chairman is a "very stubborn man". This is no longer a club that needs to sell - or have you heard info. to the contrary?

If I were in his place I'd ask £100m or tell Pep that he can look elsewhere for a replacement for Sané - say the French 2nd Division.

At this point the two are almost indivisible. So whilst I agree with you in principle I’m not sure the facts bear your position out. 

We have and do sell players below below what we should and perhaps could. Bigger teams still see us as little Leicester and treat us accordingly. 

I truly believe Mahrez is worth £100 million. I also truly believe we will sell him for less, although probably not this window. 

Whilst City have spent shed loads of cash for a number of years now interestingly their record has only just been broken at 57m. They seem to have signed a few at that 50m level, can't see them budging on 55m. Mahrez likely to go AWOL this time, second let down on moving too much. Gamble is do we cash in to avoid a Berahino type melt down or stand firm? No-one begrudge him this move, don't think the chairman does either but timing is poor and other transfers of late mean players transfers inflate with environment were in. Utterly shite situation and potentially 24 hours to resolve. At a time many felt the club were just starting to put a marker back down... 

6 minutes ago, les-tah said:

I laugh in the face of any man who suggest gray is the best option for rest of season 

Whilst Gray isn’t Mahrez by any stretch, given our position, given we have three talented wide men, if the price is absolutely spot on, will there be a better time to let him go?

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Whilst City have spent shed loads of cash for a number of years now interestingly their record has only just been broken at 57m. They seem to have signed a few at that 50m level, can't see them budging on 55m. Mahrez likely to go AWOL this time, second let down on moving too much. Gamble is do we cash in to avoid a Berahino type melt down or stand firm? No-one begrudge him this move, don't think the chairman does either but timing is poor and other transfers of late mean players transfers inflate with environment were in. Utterly shite situation and potentially 24 hours to resolve. At a time many felt the club were just starting to put a marker back down... 

Roma squealed about the same thing in the summer. Boo hoo we've offered our record transfer fee.

If you don't like price fcuk off and we'll deal with clubs prepared to pay our price or not at all.

Wait until the summer and we'll have someone prepared to pay a lot more than £55m, if that's too hot for Man City then shop in cheaper markets.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, les-tah said:

I laugh in the face of any man who suggest gray is the best option for rest of season 

We don't have much else. We'd never have let Moose go if we'd known. More chance for the young lads I suppose!

8 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Man City won’t pay £100m for him. He will go for around £70m/£80m I reckon. I can’t see the club turning away that kind of money tbh.

In today’s market he is worth at least £100 million. I would tell them to Fvck Off unless they stump up the readies 

• Like 2

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Can the club persuade him to stay via insisting that they'll do everything to win the FA and qualify for Europe that way?

I don't think EL is any more attractive to him than no European football tbh. Bet he's lost interest in Arsenal.

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Can the club persuade him to stay via insisting that they'll do everything to win the FA and qualify for Europe that way?

I think his ambition is far beyond the FA Cup and the Europa League. He wants the champions league. You can't blame him for wanting the move. It's the best side in the league with the best manager in world. Hell, if I was at City I would want to leave to play for Pep. It's just the timing. Had we had a week to put together a deal (like we nearly did for Silva) it would not hurt as much. 

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Pointing out that the fee and timing are poor and than saying we should go through with the move sounds the opposite of rational to me Rumbles!

Letting your love of a person cloud your judge  and make a poor decision has to be pretty close to being the best example of irrational behaviour haha

Get out of my head. X

• Haha 1