Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

If we forget timing for a moment, and forget the figure (both of which are annoying) I think we should let him leave either now or at the end of the season if he wants to.  I love him,LOVE him and he must be in the top few of the very best players to have ever played for our club and I would love him to stay but if his heart is set on a move I wont hold any grudges.  We are Leicester fans.  We would die to play for the club even once but he is not.  Who of us would turn down a move to the biggest company in whatever field we work in in the world on huge wages if head hunted?  It's annoying.  I hate the fvcking game sometimes but I can be rational if I take a breath.  I want him to stay, and I think the timing is awful and the amount needs to be more than £50m but I understand if he leaves.  X

• Thanks 1

All this why does it happen to us, well the guy has an agent who stands to pocket £5-£15 million if he can get a move tomorrow for Mahrez so he probably has a bit of a vested interest in getting a move done. If they really want him they need to pay the going rate and we need to be happy with the deal. The owners have time and time again shown they do know how to run a business so have a bit of faith in them.  Interesting how this FFP works 

I'm going to trust Puel when he says Mahrez wont leave for less than 100m. If I'm being honest I think everyone notices he doesn't quite celebrate that much when we score especially with the fans... however he still places well for us regardless. I think we need to give him the benefit of the doubt he can leave this summer.

If we dont sell him, will he be half arsed for the rest of the season like he was pretty much all of last season?

Its inevitable he is going to go, we should look to get the best price we possibly can.

Just annoys me the player calls the tune yet again. Because if we dont get a good price for him now, and his 2nd half of the season is poor, will we lose value on him in the summer?

Its got to be £100 million if we are selling now

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

If we forget timing for a moment, and forget the figure (both of which are annoying) I think we should let him leave either now or at the end of the season if he wants to.  I love him,LOVE him and he must be in the top few of the very best players to have ever played for our club and I would love him to stay but if his heart is set on a move I wont hold any grudges.  We are Leicester fans.  We would die to play for the club even once but he is not.  Who of us would turn down a move to the biggest company in whatever field we work in in the world on huge wages if head hunted?  It's annoying.  I hate the fvcking game sometimes but I can be rational if I take a breath.  I want him to stay, and I think the timing is awful and the amount needs to be more than £50m but I understand if he leaves.  X

Pointing out that the fee and timing are poor and than saying we should go through with the move sounds the opposite of rational to me Rumbles!

Letting your love of a person cloud your judge  and make a poor decision has to be pretty close to being the best example of irrational behaviour haha

I guess we now know how Watford fans felt as their promising season fell apart after the unwanted approach for their manager from Everton.

We, and Riyad, are distracted when we should be focussed on preparation for Everton away tomorrow. We don't get to play our best player, who now, it seems, could have played on Saturday, allowing us to rest Gray and Albrighton.

However you look at it, it's wrong.

Edited by Steve Earle
  • Like 1

With such short notice and no time to get a replacement I hope the club have learned from the past mistake with Drinkwater and Chelsea. 

No matter how much Mahrez kicks off he is still tied into a lengthy contract & shouldn't force the clubs hand. 

13 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I'm going to trust Puel when he says Mahrez wont leave for less than 100m. If I'm being honest I think everyone notices he doesn't quite celebrate that much when we score especially with the fans... however he still places well for us regardless. I think we need to give him the benefit of the doubt he can leave this summer.

Puel never said that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, the fox said:

let's hope the 50 million figure was just for the summer because if not, mahrez will not be happy.

the club can hold out for what ever they want, it's the "50 million" that bothers me. no one will win. if it is true, you can't expect riyad to stay happy if the club isn't honoring the agreement

Surely he’s smart enough to realise that his worth in the summer compared to now has changed a lot. Whether he’s happy or not is a different matter but it’s important for the club to get his true value. And that’s all I care about

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Surely he’s smart enough to realise that his worth in the summer compared to now has changed a lot. Whether he’s happy or not is a different matter but it’s important for the club to get his true value. And that’s all I care about

But you wouldn’t put it past our DOF not to have communicated this to Kia .........