Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

5 hours ago, Redouane said:

So inconsistent.

(P.s sorry for the red filter, my phone is on night mode)

Screenshot_20180131-010103.thumb.png.5c4707bc44b06e8e5dc2d1643a554411.png

Thanks for the stats, but what I really want to know is, how smart are you about crows and ravens?! 

Edited by HoustonFox
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

If you worked at Greggs and Fortnum and Masons deli counter came knocking offering to double your wage, what would you do, stay loyal to Greggs?

I would have to hand in a 1 month notice first or risk losing my months wage

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

If any of us was Mahrez we would jump st this chance, just like he is trying to do. 

It is galling but it’s life. Still don’t think it’s gonna happen. 

Sorry but no. A Barcelona or Real Madrid. A Man Utd or Bayern then you may have a point. Man City are only where they are due to oil money and don't fill their stadium half the time they play. Yes they will win the league and he will be joining a more powerful club but they are not on the level of the biggest clubs on the planet. All the money in the world won't make it the dream move he was looking for...

4 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Watch us get battered later. Bet this whole thing has unsettled the squad.

May work the other way and see us and his replacement galvanised to make the position their own. Who knows if Gray or Diabate gets a run from now till the end of the season what they can do. He will be missed though. Such grace on the ball.

38 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

still cant see why Man City would want Riyad considering the amount of talent they have there, if Man City had a full strength team he wouldnt make it into their starting 11 for me,

donr get me wrong i can see why hed want to go and play for someone like Pep etc but if he looks at the bigger picture will it be good for his career and showcasing his talents...im thinking not, money wise it will be mind.

really is being poorly advised on all front tbh, probably by an agent looking for some more monies

He's better than sterling mate

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

I'm not happy at all at any of this. It stinks.

We've no time to get a replacement, from what it seems they are nowhere near the valuation and all it's doing is destabilising the squad.

If the valuation is not met, and we cannot replace, he can sulk until the end of the season and then be sold. Stick him in the u23's and fine him if he starts messing around.

How depressing that the moment there is a sniff of interest, he's "Desperate" to leave and slaps in a transfer request.

His disrespect for our club is what hurts most. Cant wait to getaway and after all it was Leicester City who gave him that big chance. I want him gone but only at the right price. 

Keeping him is senseless after this. He will never put the 100% effort in to make the difference again. Maybe not even deliberately - just the way it will be. We struggled to cope with a physically committed Riyad a lot of the time! 

Man City know this. They won’t pay a penny more than they feel they need to. if we get 65 mill we will have done well, given the lack of any ‘bidding war’. 

Really sad to say it but we need to sell him today and try to get as much as we possibly can. Maybe multiple add ons and a sell on clause to inflate the figure a bit. 

I’ll be livid with the club if they bend over for this. Arsenal are suddenly looking very catchable and a Europa Cup spot is very much in our sights now. 

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fennec-Fox said:

Mancity fans don't really want him... they say: "we don't need him, ..  too inconsistent and doesn't take his defensive duties.. we don't need him we have enough young talented players, save the money"... So I say stop dreaming about 80s and 100sM lollollol

Cant believes I'm biting but Ask yourself this: Is Mahrez a better player in your opinion then Van Dijk? If so then he's worth 76m absolute minimum and not even including his premium as an attacking player and with the transfer window closing today.

Man City want him. He (understandably) wants to go. We want a realistic price for him but don't have time to find an adequate replacement.

Solution. Man City can have him, but not now. We agree to a deal in the summer for our valuation (£80m, £90m or whatever it is) but we get to keep him until then for a slightly reduced price. That discount could be incorporated into a deal loaning him back to us or, as they do in Germany, in a pre-contract agreement.

That way Mahrez knows he is getting the move and will still be motivated as he finishes the season with us. Man City get their man, and we get a fair price plus time to find a replacement.

The only hitch is if Man City are desperate to have him now. Or indeed Mahrez wants to join now because he knows he'll get another Premier League winners medal and a decent shot at the Champions League.

From a Leicester viewpoint, the most important thing is that our club's interest is paramount and we do not get shafted!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, richardsfoxes said:

I don't really care about the money, all numbers on a piece of paper that make no difference to us as fans. Will be gutting watching him play for City if he does leave in January, we're never getting a replacement in 24 hours that's for sure. 

I admired , Riyhad wanted badly that he would stay his whole career with us...but

We dont need a replacement....We are slowly rebuilding.Our style will change and  I believe

his leaving will not effect, our squad rythm has the Kante departure did.

Lets see tonight and weekend how we fair, without him.Not on results but our performances.

If he stays, for whatever reason, Puel just might bench him 1st, to see what character crops up...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluemooner said:

As a man city fan this has come out of the blue, pardon the pun. he should do what JV did when arsenal came calling an stay loyal, wait till the summer and then move on,  giving the club that made his name time to find a replacement.

Over the summer Man City may not still want him. That's the risk Mahrez has to take. Opportunities are sometimes fleeting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fennec-Fox said:

Mancity fans don't really want him... they say: "we don't need him, ..  too inconsistent and doesn't take his defensive duties.. we don't need him we have enough young talented players, save the money"... So I say stop dreaming about 80s and 100sM lollollol

Oh, great. Then we'll keep him and the discussion is finally over. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Man City want him. He (understandably) wants to go. We want a realistic price for him but don't have time to find an adequate replacement.

Solution. Man City can have him, but not now. We agree to a deal in the summer for our valuation (£80m, £90m or whatever it is) but we get to keep him until then for a slightly reduced price. That discount could be incorporated into a deal loaning him back to us or, as they do in Germany, in a pre-contract agreement.

That way Mahrez knows he is getting the move and will still be motivated as he finishes the season with us. Man City get their man, and we get a fair price plus time to find a replacement.

The only hitch is if Man City are desperate to have him now. Or indeed Mahrez wants to join now because he knows he'll get another Premier League winners medal and a decent shot at the Champions League.

From a Leicester viewpoint, the most important thing is that our club's interest is paramount and we do not get shafted!

The thing is they don't really want him. They want him now for 6 weeks to cover for injured players. That isn't the same as really wanting a player. They have know he wants to leave since the summer yet they show no interest until yesterday when they suddenly get confirmation of the time Sane will be out for and all of a sudden chuck in a derisory bid for Mahrez knowing it will interest him and of course his agent who I'm sure won't make anything out of the deal at all except a small thank you box of choclates.

What will they do if Stones falls over in the shower this morning offer 50m to us for Maguire?

12 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Can we start a rumour that we'll bid for Zaha and see a different clubs fanbase p***ed off and having a sleepless night. Don't know if I'd want the cheating show pony but it's feasible enough to make them sweat. 

Mate, it's only football and a possible transfer of a player from club to another!

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I admired , Riyhad wanted badly that he would stay his whole career with us...but

We dont need a replacement....We are slowly rebuilding.Our style will change and  I believe

his leaving will not effect, our squad rythm has the Kante departure did.

Lets see tonight and weekend how we fair, without him.Not on results but our performances.

If he stays, for whatever reason, Puel just might bench him 1st, to see what character crops up...

You seriously don't think we need a replacement? Just look at how many of our goals he has been involved in this season. We have so little creativity without him. He's the difference between us being above average and struggling in the lower half of the table.

There’s 2 starting 11’s  in the prem that he doesn’t improve. Man City and Chelsea. It’s quite sickening how clubs can stockpile players just to cover an injury to one of their stars whilst clubs at our level have to do the ‘honourable’ thing and take whatever money they wanna give

1 hour ago, Fennec-Fox said:

And wtf do Man City fans have to do with their transfers and fees paid?

We get it, you want us to sell.

You don’t get it, we don’t want to sell unless the fee is what WE (the club) see as acceptable.

The fans can all speculate as much as they want, means fvck all.

The scousers were adamant Coutinho wouldn’t go unless they got 190m, how did that pan out?

Its not the fans, the manager, the player or even the buyer that sets the price.

Its the club.

In this case OUR club.

And our club isn’t yours, obviously .

so GFY

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reynard said:

You seriously don't think we need a replacement? Just look at how many of our goals he has been involved in this season. We have so little creativity without him. He's the difference between us being above average and struggling in the lower half of the table.

We do need to replace him for sure but I’d rather us do that in the summer. Panic buying today would be a mistake