Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

Just now, Walkers said:

Since when has it been a thing for clubs (I know West Ham are particularly good at this if you believe the media) to have to sign a very good, high profile player to cover a player who is out injured for a few weeks? ****ing deal with it. I'm not just saying this because its Mahrez. Do they literally have nobody capable of stepping in for a while?

Pep suggests just 3 strikers - including Sterling. 

And of course when you have the money City have, why leave it to chance? 

There may also also be a bit of non-buyers remorse after Sanchez going to Utd.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Why would the club demand a lower fee

player prices are in increasing all the time

people would expect Mahrez to keep producing at the same level, and they would do the same thing as 4 months ago.

Player A has sold for 250m Mahrez must be worth 150m

Because his contract would be 6 months less and we would have more time to sort out a replacement.

2 minutes ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

Seriously ????

Check out his stats compared to Coutinho and Hazard over the last 2 years, should be ashamed of yourself, we would be back in the Championship (at best) without his (and others) contribution.

A fair price is what I would demand AND re-invest in quality (Ziyech and Thorgen).

Why would we be in the championship? He didn't turn up at the start of this season. 

There is no excuse for the way he behaves. Completely taking the piss out of the fans  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

They're playing for the League the Cup, the CL and the League Cup. Sané's injury changed everything and if Sanchez was still avalaible they'd have bid for him. Jesus is still out for the next three weeks, Sane until late march and Silva doesn't seem to have settled. It's not a panic buy, it's any emergency one. I think they won't go over 65M.

He wasn't the first choice on their short list but the possibility of winning the PL and the CL (they have a real chance at it) turned his head on. It's a chance of a lifetime for him hence his transfer request. 

Still pisses me off though and it's the worst possible timing right now, especially with Everton's game tomorrow in which he'll definitely won't feature.

Oh dear my heart bleeds for them. They have a huge squad. What are they going to do next week if they lose two more players.Hunt around the world for out of contract players. They have a couple of minor temporary injury problems to deal with not a plague wiping out their entire squad.

• Like 1

Just now, ZeGuy said:

They're playing for the League the Cup, the CL and the League Cup. Sané's injury changed everything and if Sanchez was still avalaible they'd have bid for him. Jesus is still out for the next three weeks, Sane until late march and Silva doesn't seem to have settled. It's not a panic buy, it's any emergency one. I think they won't go over 65M.

He wasn't the first choice on their short list but the possibility of winning the PL and the CL (they have a real chance at it) turned his head on. It's a chance of a lifetime for him hence his transfer request. 

Still pisses me off though and it's the worst possible timing right now, especially with Everton's game tomorrow in which he'll definitely won't feature.

How any one could begrudge him the chance of a big move over 60m, only 4 months ago Just Roma showed a firm interest

He cost 400k his payed his dues a million times over.

Not sure why people are bothered about the extra fee, its not like its gonna effect them or the club in reality. 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

How any one could begrudge him the chance of a big move over 60m, only 4 months ago Just Roma showed a firm interest

Not sure why people are bothered about the extra fee, its not like its gonna effect them or the club in reality. 

I certainly don't begrudge him the chance but I don't see why we should just roll over and accept any old derisory offer. If Man City want to pay what we want then fair enough. It doesn't have anything to do with what we paid for him. We took a chance on him, developed him and financially rewarded him pretty well. The timing is the real issue.

Just now, reynard said:

I certainly don't begrudge him the chance but I don't see why we should just roll over and accept any old derisory offer. If Man City want to pay what we want then fair enough. It doesn't have anything to do with what we paid for him. We took a chance on him, developed him and financially rewarded him pretty well. The timing is the real issue.

The timing ADDS a premium to the price, £55 million is just DERISORY.

1 minute ago, reynard said:

derisory?

4 months ago the only offer the bloke got was for what 25 or 30m Lets not pretend his been at this constant level

9 minutes ago, adam said:

Why would we be in the championship? He didn't turn up at the start of this season. 

There is no excuse for the way he behaves. Completely taking the piss out of the fans  

I feel sorry for the fans that have travelled and paid their hard earned money to watch him train today and he couldn't be ****ed to show up

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

To the contrary to the many here I couldn't care less about the money asked for him to go. 20, 30, 40, 100M makes 0 difference for me as he's beyond numbers when it comes to his importance for the team. We won't replace him with 100M player because no 100M player will come, so we have to do what we do best, unearth a gem or buy smart. Maguire, Ndidi, Iborra, Silva and probably Diabs are all good signings. Like Mahrez, Vardy or Kanté were.

I don't begrudge him, he always was clear about wanting to go and behaved professionally in the meanwhile. I also understand that with his talent he wants to achieve something that he'll probably never get here. You're right when you said he paid his due even if some people here don't see it this way. We plucked him out of nowhere but he gave enough in return to go without one being mad at him. It would be unfair.

That said, it's simply sad because we gained some momentum are an exciting side to watch with a real chance to aim at Europa. With a settled team and Puel getting it to click, we could have been in for a treat the last part of the season. Even if he stays, i don't know in which mental state we'll find him. 

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

derisory?

4 months ago the only offer the bloke got was for what 25 or 30m Lets not pretend his been at this constant level

Thank god you aren’t responsible for negotiations, his stats over 3 years stand with hazard and Coutinho, he has won the PFA award, a PL title... let’s say Lukaku 75m and you think we should accept even less than that... no f ing chance I would say 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I feel sorry for the fans that have travelled and paid their hard earned money to watch him train today and he couldn't be ****ed to show up

So you think it's acceptable for players not turn up to work?

33 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Im thinking logically, just because you are a millionaire doesn't mean you dont want to earn as much as possible.

He feels his achieved all he can at Leicester, this is probably one of the top 3 clubs in world football. 

Maybe he needs to act a certain way to force the clubs hand, im not saying its right.... but he got on with his football last time. I cant see that happening again

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you seems to fit in with Mahrez at the mo lol

Just now, adam said:

So you think it's acceptable for players not turn up to work?

I literally don't give a shit, it doesn't affect me in any way whatsoever. Of course its unprofessional but the only part of football that really matters is the 90mins on the pitch. He's done a good job of that this season and most of his time here so I can get over him not turning up to training.

8 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Thank god you aren’t responsible for negotiations, his stats over 3 years stand with hazard and Coutinho, he has won the PFA award, a PL title... let’s say Lukaku 75m and you think we should accept even less than that... no f ing chance I would say 

Doesnt matter what his done or won he has been inconsistent, hence why no one even gazumped Romas low offer in the Summer.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, In Mahrez case 4 months ago 30m

• Like 1