Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2018

easy win for Hamilton. Was never getting caught today.

Thought Ricciardo's good race was done when Bottas hit him, would have been unfortunate to finish a good day for him like that. 

2nd and 3rd for Ferrari best that could be asked for in the circumstances.

Gasly's done very well today too to finish 6th.

21 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Looked to me as if Vettel cut across Bottas, causing a collision.

Not the first time this has happened for Vettel to then claim all innocence and get away without further punishment.

Even Bottas accepted it was a racing incident though? 

38 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Even Bottas accepted it was a racing incident though? 

If that's what he's told the media, then so be it.

Behind closed doors I'd expect things to be different.

Fact is when he's up against it, Vettel gets rattled easily.  I can think of two incidents last season where the punishment given just wasn't there or wasn't harsh enough.  That incident where he barged wheels with Hamilton for example was way out of order and yet he gets away with it.

13 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If that's what he's told the media, then so be it.

Behind closed doors I'd expect things to be different.

Fact is when he's up against it, Vettel gets rattled easily.  I can think of two incidents last season where the punishment given just wasn't there or wasn't harsh enough.  That incident where he barged wheels with Hamilton for example was way out of order and yet he gets away with it.

Looked to me like Bottas was heavy on the kerb going into Turn 2 and simply couldn’t drag the car in enough, combined with Vettel taking a tight line into T2, which he had every right to, Bottas had nowhere else to go. I’m pretty sure what Bottas intended was to brake and send the car out wide out of turn 2 to avoid the collision after he realised they were going to hit, that’s why it looks abit like he swings the steering wheel to the right, the front end of the Mercedes was bouncing off the kerb though and he just didn’t have any front brakes. 

Vettel was pretty much entirely ahead of Bottas and had every right to take the corner. Bottas just rode the inside kerb and couldn't brake quick enough. It was more Bottas' fault than anyones, but it was about right to declare it a racing incident. 

Weird decision, it seems Redbull's main issues this season have been with the Renault engine, so why would he go there. Don't think it'll be Sainz, he's certainly ****ed himself a bit because if he stayed put that seat would be his. They'll put Gasyl in there.

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

33 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Weird decision, it seems Redbull's main issues this season have been with the Renault engine, so why would he go there. Don't think it'll be Sainz, he's certainly ****ed himself a bit because if he stayed put that seat would be his. They'll put Gasyl in there.

Money, verstappen re-signed a new contract worth 20 million a year and is on quite a bit more than ricardo (5.2 million) and because of this he sees himself now as a no 2 driver.

To be honest I'm not sure it's such a bad move for Ricciardo. Red Bull clearly favour Verstappen, and whilst the Renault engine is slow, the Honda isn't exactly setting the track alight either. As to the Renault engine being unreliable - it mostly seems it's only unreliable in the Red Bull, which maybe suggests that it's not the engine that's the problem, but rather whatever Red Bull are doing with it. Maybe time will prove me wrong, but I'm not convinced that the Honda engine is going to be the magic cure for Red Bull, at least not in the short term.

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

No doubt it's Adrian Newey trying to package the engine too tightly which is causing issues. He's notorious for doing it. 

The way people talk about the wonderful aerodynamics and chassis of the Red Bull makes me think that they imagine these things exist completely separate from each other instead of being all related. A brilliant chassis and airflow isn't much good if it's causing undue strain on the power unit and causing it to fail. I daresay that Renault are glad to get out of the toxic relationship, and taking Ricciardo is a bonus one-finger salute as a parting gift. Honda now have the problem of getting their engine to work with the Red Bull package.