Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babolat Boy

Why is Gray Starting

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He's quite unhappy behind the scenes currently.

Hmmmm ...ithink he needs to have a word with himself.  A fresh grey as a sun at 70min has impact...stsrting he doesn't. ... he needs to adk why?  And whst does puel want from him?

I honestly believe he could be a top player... he needs to work to kick on.... he is nit the finished article but he seems to act lke he is.

If his development is stalled and he is a mardy influence then he will end up in the championship.... he needs to have his own trainer and knuckle down.  When he is no10 he stands on the wing leaving a big gap in the hole.... he so wants to make an impact his decision making is crap. .... he coukd be good...but will he put the work in.  I am not seeing improvement 

15 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Hmmmm ...ithink he needs to have a word with himself.  A fresh grey as a sun at 70min has impact...stsrting he doesn't. ... he needs to adk why?  And whst does puel want from him?

I honestly believe he could be a top player... he needs to work to kick on.... he is nit the finished article but he seems to act lke he is.

If his development is stalled and he is a mardy influence then he will end up in the championship.... he needs to have his own trainer and knuckle down.  When he is no10 he stands on the wing leaving a big gap in the hole.... he so wants to make an impact his decision making is crap. .... he coukd be good...but will he put the work in.  I am not seeing improvement 

His attitude is everything that is wrong with young English footballers, thinks he’s made it before he’s done anything. As Matt Elliott said last Monday on Radio Leicester, he doesn’t help himself. Scores one goals and starts talking about playing for England. He’s a below average player who inconsistently performs. If we could get £8/10m for him in the summer I wouldn’t be disappointed to see him go. Move onto the next project.

• Like 4

It doesn't help that he's being played out of position.  He is not a number 10 any more than Iheanacho is   He's quick and can beat defenders one to one on the wing fairly consistently, but his passing and especially his decision-making need some work.  He's still fairly young and could be really good, but he's a fair way from being the finished article and needs to knuckle down and learn.  

Somebody, somewhere thinks he’s the saviour, which he clearly ain’t. The prospect of his whiny face saying I should be starting all day, every day probably pisses everyone off, so they start him to keep him quiet. 

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Being fair to the OP though, Do you really think Gray is good enough to be starting?

I wasn't entering into that conversation, I was answering a specific other question :)

As to your question, I simply don't understand what's going on in general - I'm not going to get into specifics.

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I wasn't entering into that conversation, I was answering a specific other question :)

As to your question, I simply don't understand what's going on in general - I'm not going to get into specifics.

But you were criticising a thread that asked a question without giving your point of view which is a little unfair.

With Shinji injured Puel is looking to see who we have to play in his position. Assuming he is manager next season he needs to know what he needs to bring in and clear out. With it being a shorter transfer window and world cup year we need to get transfer business done early in the window with no repeats of the Mahrez will he won't he saga. It just looks like good management to me to see who can play where before going into an inflated transfer market. It's just a pity we have to watch the failures but that's football.

Gray did nothing wrong yesterday. Did the opposite of what he always gets slated for and made no mistakes, didnt lose possession, didnt shoot from miles out instead of passing to a team mate (like mahrez did once for example)

He didnt have much of an impact, but nobody else really did

And i did think he was regressing and a concern, but his performance yesterday was I thought a step forward

He has done nothing of late to suggest a bad attitude. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Which it looks like you are including him in.

Just admit you also think Dimi Gray is shit and we can all move on from this lol 

No again - the question was posed here, I don't have the option of answering it elsewhere.

Gray baffles me, but he's not the only one. I'm much more concerned with Dragovic being dropped, the disappearance of Amartey, and the exclusion of our Iberians.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

No again - the question was posed here, I don't have the option of answering it elsewhere.

Gray baffles me, but he's not the only one. I'm much more concerned with Dragovic being dropped, the disappearance of Amartey, and the exclusion of our Iberians.

Agree with all of that. I don’t think Amartey is a shoe in every week as both he and Simpson have faults but for him to not even be on the bench after 3 or 4 very good performances is weird.

Dragovic looks the best defender we have  and while I don’t think James is as shit as most others say Iborra and Silva not even being used off the bench when we had another sub to make was ludicrous.

3 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Why are all the negative threads starting 

Crap result and we're looking for scapegoats. 

Gray was playing to front behind Vardy. We only challenged in the wings. He did have some good plays at the start of the match but disappeared towards the end. I didn't see much of Vardy either.

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Crap result and we're looking for scapegoats. 

Gray was playing to front behind Vardy. We only challenged in the wings. He did have some good plays at the start of the match but disappeared towards the end. I didn't see much of Vardy either.

He'll be crowbarred in until he's 45.

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Gray did nothing wrong yesterday. Did the opposite of what he always gets slated for and made no mistakes, didnt lose possession, didnt shoot from miles out instead of passing to a team mate (like mahrez did once for example)

He didnt have much of an impact, but nobody else really did

And i did think he was regressing and a concern, but his performance yesterday was I thought a step forward

He has done nothing of late to suggest a bad attitude. 

Morning Mrs. Grey!:D

12 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

If Puel wants to keep his job beyond this season he’ll have to utilise the squad he has better, our bench is often stronger than half our starting 11.

It's absolutely baffling isn't it?... 

Dragovic dropped after some impressive displays!! 

Silva not even used as a sub to replace the totally ineffective James!!... 

WTF is Puel thinking of?.. 

If he plays James and Morgan against Bournemouth then I'll be seriously calling for those nice young men in their clean white coats to come and take him away!!