Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babolat Boy

Why is Gray Starting

22 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Gray and chilwell, get in the bin. Getting worse every week. 

Gray, no goals or assist all season starting ahead of ihanacho or diabate. Madness

Gray has 3 goals against Premier League opposition. It's Iheanacho who's yet to open his account.

Gray is getting frustrating and I don’t think he uses his raw pace enough, or he’s not as fast as I think he is from what he has shown before. He can play really well at times and then just make silly decisions and slow the play down too much. He also doesn’t belong behind the striker. 

14 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Why what’s up with him?

Unsettled.

Apparently someone tried to persuade him to leave the club during the just-gone transfer window. He was willing to listen to offers but, like with Mahrez, the club weren't looking to sell.

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Unsettled.

Apparently someone tried to persuade him to leave the club during the just-gone transfer window. He was willing to listen to offers but, like with Mahrez, the club weren't looking to sell.

I'd be amazed if any team above the relegation scrap would want him.

Personally I think he's Championship level.

He was good against Sheffield United and deserved a start.

However, as many have posted already, he has not kicked on since he started getting more games in the team and is largely ineffectucal. I personally feel that Diabate is what Gray should be - a promising young player who does seem to be improving.

Earlier in his career you could argue that Gray could not be judged because he had not had enough time in the first team. However, I don't think that's really an excuse now. I was hoping he would kick on and even challenge for a World Cup position, but at the end of the season you could argue that we should sell him if Bournemouth or similar offer a decent amount for him. In fact if Gray was not English I think opinion of him would be even more negative than it is now.

Let's see what happens between now and May, but I can't see a reason for him to start ahead of Diabate currently.

24 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

You sure?

Just signed a new contract. 

A new contract will hardly mean nothing to the player, especially if he had to for the club's sake of trying to get a big fee for him if he's still keen for a move in the future.

Thought it was just an extension, but on enhanced terms?

Also heard Roma again tried to negotiate with the club, to try and get a deal done for Mahrez to go there..

Had you heard this from your side of sources?

Edited by Wymeswold fox