Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

While we're on the subject of Queens Road does anybody remember Franklins?  It was where Costa is now and was part owed by Muzzy Izzet about 10/15 years ago. Only heard story's but it sounded like the wild west in there ?

For those interested in craft beer and specifically Brewdog, you might like to know that Brewdog are crowdfunding in exchange for equity that comes with benefits. For a £25 'investment' you will receive the following:

--1 share in Brewdog Plc

--A free beer on your birthday for life

--5% discount in Brewdog bars

--10% discount online

--A free copy of 'Craft Beer for the People' book

If any of you are new investors to Brewdog and fancy giving it a go, it would be massively appreciated if you use my referral link below :) Cheers 

https://efp.brewdog.com/equityforpunks/apply-for-shares?referred_by=R440907 

8 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

For those interested in craft beer and specifically Brewdog, you might like to know that Brewdog are crowdfunding in exchange for equity that comes with benefits. For a £25 'investment' you will receive the following:

--1 share in Brewdog Plc

--A free beer on your birthday for life

--5% discount in Brewdog bars

--10% discount online

--A free copy of 'Craft Beer for the People' book

If any of you are new investors to Brewdog and fancy giving it a go, it would be massively appreciated if you use my referral link below :) Cheers 

https://efp.brewdog.com/equityforpunks/apply-for-shares?referred_by=R440907 

They have been doing this for years, I’ve got a mate who must have done it about 6/7 years ago so presume he’s made a bit of money. Not sure how likely it is now, feels like Brewdog have stood still a little bit of smaller independent pubs are having more success but maybe that’s just a reflection of Leicester.

Edited by Costock_Fox

9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

They have been doing this for years, I’ve got a mate who must have done it about 6/7 years ago so presume he’s made a bit of money. Not sure how likely it is now, feels like Brewdog have stood still a little bit of smaller independent pubs are having more success but maybe that’s just a reflection of Leicester.

If he invested 6 or 7 years ago he will have done very well! You are right, the opportunity to make significant money is probably gone (but that's open to opinions), but I thought it was worth sharing as for £25 I think you can easily get good value for that if you use Brewdog. 

Edit: Just to add as well re Brewdog performance: they still account for less than 1% of the beer market, and revenue turnover in the last financials was +55% - so not to be sniffed at. I do think the Brewdog in Leicester has been struggling though (largely because of location from what I gather), which is why they've recently introduced Red's into the upstairs space.  

Edited by rn9013

15 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

If he invested 6 or 7 years ago he will have done very well! You are right, the opportunity to make significant money is probably gone (but that's open to opinions), but I thought it was worth sharing as for £25 I think you can easily get good value for that if you use Brewdog. 

Edit: Just to add as well re Brewdog performance: they still account for less than 1% of the beer market, and revenue turnover in the last financials was +55% - so not to be sniffed at. I do think the Brewdog in Leicester has been struggling though (largely because of location from what I gather), which is why they've recently introduced Red's into the upstairs space.  

I actually think having a limited version of Reds will do their reputation more harm than good in the long term. Their stand alone restaurants are great but aren’t they only doing burgers and 3 other mains?

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I actually think having a limited version of Reds will do their reputation more harm than good in the long term. Their stand alone restaurants are great but aren’t they only doing burgers and 3 other mains?

I don't know to be fair, I've not been in since the renovation. Brewdog bars generally do only offer either pizzas or burgers though, which seems to serve them well in the rest of their bars. Will be interesting to see how it works out. 

Edited by rn9013

On 09/04/2019 at 10:25, Soup said:

While we're on the subject of Queens Road does anybody remember Franklins?  It was where Costa is now and was part owed by Muzzy Izzet about 10/15 years ago. Only heard story's but it sounded like the wild west in there ?

Did they do a karaoke on friday nights?

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Had a couple of nice beers from the Braybrooke Brewery, near Harborough, on Saturday. A light lager and a dunkel, both nice.

They’ve had some of the Braybrooke beers in the Beerhouse, Mkt Harborough recently. Can’t recall which ones. Been in for a couple of weeks, so must be popular. 

30 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

They’ve had some of the Braybrooke beers in the Beerhouse, Mkt Harborough recently. Can’t recall which ones. Been in for a couple of weeks, so must be popular. 

It was those two. That's where I had them. :D

9 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

It was those two. That's where I had them. :D

Beerhouse is very popular. It’s a place you can pop into at anytime, even by yourself, and you can chat to anybody, or just sit on your own. They even let you bring food in from the chip shop next door ?. They have a quick turnaround on most beers, and as you probably noticed, there’s a huge choice of ales, ciders and lagers. Can be a bit hit and miss depending on your preference, part of the deal l guess. 

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Beerhouse is very popular. It’s a place you can pop into at anytime, even by yourself, and you can chat to anybody, or just sit on your own. They even let you bring food in from the chip shop next door ?. They have a quick turnaround on most beers, and as you probably noticed, there’s a huge choice of ales, ciders and lagers. Can be a bit hit and miss depending on your preference, part of the deal l guess. 

Yes mate, it was absolutely the kind of gaff the town was crying out for. Shame they were denied planning permission to move (think they were hoping to set up in the old print shop nearby?), but obviously moving the bar round has worked wonders in terms of allowing them to put a wider selection on.

• Like 1