Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

Nice spot. There's some good pubs around Clerkenwell. The Exmouth Arms is worth a trip, always a good taplist and can fridge.

Totally agree, nice pub and good range of beer - work 10 minutes from Exmouth Market so head down Rosebery Avenue quite often. The Jerusalem Tavern is another good spot but it gets rammed with the after-work drink crowd.

2 hours ago, oakman said:

Totally agree, nice pub and good range of beer - work 10 minutes from Exmouth Market so head down Rosebery Avenue quite often. The Jerusalem Tavern is another good spot but it gets rammed with the after-work drink crowd.

I do like the Jerusalem Tavern. When they pour the St Peter's Best Bitter from the cask it's like I can see the face of God. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Head Of Steam looks like it’s closing and becoming something else. Unsurprising given how crap it was in there 

Not surprised at all. Some decent beers but prices were a joke. Also no atmosphere at all and food was bad. 

17 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Head Of Steam looks like it’s closing and becoming something else. Unsurprising given how crap it was in there 

Interesting in a way as HoS originated from Leeds and a few other Northern cities - last year it went on an absolute expansion craze. The Birmingham one does really well and it holds various events. As far as I know the Leicester one does very little of this. What hurts pubs in Leicester are lot is like for Thursday/Friday night office drinks. Pubs in large cities make an absolute fortune between 4pm and 6.30pm. 

15 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Tonight I’ve drank an alcohol free beer. Sorry guys this is the end for me, keep finding random beers you have never heard of that cost £10 a bottle and talking bollocks in my memory.

I thought better of you, Pfft :P

Actually saying that i've not had a beer this year and am really proud of that. But then my beer was lager so i guess you beer snobs would not class that as beer :D 

Edited by Suzie the Fox

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interesting in a way as HoS originated from Leeds and a few other Northern cities - last year it went on an absolute expansion craze. The Birmingham one does really well and it holds various events. As far as I know the Leicester one does very little of this. What hurts pubs in Leicester are lot is like for Thursday/Friday night office drinks. Pubs in large cities make an absolute fortune between 4pm and 6.30pm. 

It’s just not very good in there and people have realised there’s far better independent pubs to support near by

the head of steam in leeds is pretty good. the one in huddersfield is pretty good too. i have no idea if they are linked or if they are linked to the leicester one, but odd they couldn’t make another one work if they are. 

It’s too big of a unit for most companies to be able to have a decent margin and keep prices at a reasonable level. It’s becoming a cocktail place but I don’t see it being too popular either. 

Edited by Stadt

On 14/12/2018 at 23:32, Langston said:

I've heard that the Head of Steam in Leicester will be closing its doors in the new year.

Bloody hell, for once I actually had an inside track on something absolutely meaningless.

I didn't mind it for what it's worth, decent enough beer but as has been said it's just far too big a unit, particularly in a city with what seems like a declining drinking culture, especially during the week. A cocktail place in the same spot will die on it's arse even quicker. Even the Greggs on Market St is closing.

4 hours ago, Langston said:

Bloody hell, for once I actually had an inside track on something absolutely meaningless.

I didn't mind it for what it's worth, decent enough beer but as has been said it's just far too big a unit, particularly in a city with what seems like a declining drinking culture, especially during the week. A cocktail place in the same spot will die on it's arse even quicker. Even the Greggs on Market St is closing.

Market Street has taken a hammering over the last two years. So many empty units on it, sad.