Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

3 minutes ago, Langston said:

They're packing in making Yellow Belly so make sure you don't neck them (I say neck) too quickly mate!

Yeah I know, I’ve had them in my fridge since Christmas so no chance of that. I’m sure they will use the same recipe and name it something else though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soup said:

Had a cracking pint of Kolsch in Tonne on Saturday. I can't remember the name of it but it was from a Derbyshire brewery. Not often impressed with English lager type beers but this was as good as they come. 

I was in there on Saturday afternoon, who knew starting on a 9% imperial stout was a bad idea...

Haven't been in since it had been renovated, but often drive past the Swan and Rushes and it seems more decent inside looking through its windows.

Does anyone know if they've changed much in terms of the ales/beers on offer, or it is moreorless the same as it was before?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

42 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Haven't been in since it had been renovated, but often drive past the Swan and Rushes and it seems more decent inside looking through its windows.

Does anyone know if they've changed much in terms of the ales/beers on offer, or it is moreorless the same as it was before?

It’s soulless inside now, looks a bit like a dentist’s waiting room. The beer is worse, just your standard selection, Carling, Coors etc 

Edited by Stadt
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I was in there on Saturday afternoon, who knew starting on a 9% imperial stout was a bad idea...

Was it any good? I did see that but I try and stay away from gear that strong nowadays 

Edited by Soup

18 hours ago, Stadt said:

It’s soulless inside now, looks a bit like a dentist’s waiting room. The beer is worse, just your standard selection, Carling, Coors etc 

18 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

This was my pre match pub for years…. Including 15/16 of course…. Many great memories 

I went back once…. Beer is cack and decor/ atmosphere is worse…. It’s been completely ruined

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Not my last pint, as such, but if you really want to drink quality bottled beer, go to Bruges.

The Belgians don’t half know how to brew strong ale that’s clear as crystal. On a recent trip, we were drinking 9% stuff and it was nectar.

Agreed, after 5 days over there though recently I’d had enough.

On 11/03/2019 at 18:28, Soup said:

Had a cracking pint of Kolsch in Tonne on Saturday. I can't remember the name of it but it was from a Derbyshire brewery. Not often impressed with English lager type beers but this was as good as they come. 

Thornbridge most likely.