Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Has anyone ever tried Stella Black. I had it a few years ago and it is actually incredible. Nothing in comparison to the typical Stella.

They introduced it I think as a 'posh' Stella and to try and remove the bad name Stella has attached to it. Cant find it anywhere now though and would love to have a pint - If anyone knows of any bar that sells it, please let me know!

On 18/04/2019 at 10:36, CollinsLCFC said:

Has anyone ever tried Stella Black. I had it a few years ago and it is actually incredible. Nothing in comparison to the typical Stella.

They introduced it I think as a 'posh' Stella and to try and remove the bad name Stella has attached to it. Cant find it anywhere now though and would love to have a pint - If anyone knows of any bar that sells it, please let me know!

Drank it a few times, great beer, it's actually the original Stella before they lowered the alcohol.  There's a steak place, in birmingham called Anderson's that used to sell it.

Currently having a bottle of 'Devils Backbone'. An American IPA. It's ok but too cold, kills some of the flavour l reckon. Is this normal for pubs to keep it like this ? It's a Wetherspoons pub. 

Edited by STEVIE B
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2019 at 18:03, Livid said:

Couple of bottles of Birra Moretti at lunch. It was ok, I prefer Peroni but I had nipped out for fuel and it was on offer in the fridge at the garage.

This is so scene.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Has anyone been to The Offie on Clarendon Park Rd? If so, would you recommend their selection of beers?

Used to go there regularly until quitting the booze 4 years ago.

They certainly had an excellent selection back then: great range of English beers, a lot of Belgian and other continental stuff, and a fair few Scottish beers, surprisingly.

Can't vouch for what it's like now, but it's the same bloke running it as I've seen him when walking past.

He looked at me last time as if wondering why his best customer had left and ruined his profits. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Has anyone been to The Offie on Clarendon Park Rd? If so, would you recommend their selection of beers?

Fantastic selection of beers in there. Used to go in now and again for the German stuff but it is pricey.  £3.95 a bottle which is outrageous really.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah used to go in there a lot for Belgian beers a few years back. Like others have said it is expensive.

BeerWolf is a good online shop if anyone fancies Belgian/German/American etc beers for a good price. 

• Thanks 1