Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

22 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I've not - any good?

Yes. Czech and moreover, supposedly the not only the original recipe/pilsner, but the first pale larger. You can probably find it on the shelves in Sainsbury's or Waitrose. 

448463011_1_640x640.jpg.52c9b29fa3617a848b3a5557b63745d1.jpg

Beware - this stuff is very moreish. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Guinness at the Tipperary near Blackfriars. Arsey barman but such a smooth pint,

On that note, what's the best Guinness anyone's had in England? Was over in Belfast the other week and forgot how much better it tastes over there (better still in Dublin).

Duffy's in Leicester actually do a decent pint of the black stuff now I come to think of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

On that note, what's the best Guinness anyone's had in England? Was over in Belfast the other week and forgot how much better it tastes over there (better still in Dublin).

Duffy's in Leicester actually do a decent pint of the black stuff now I come to think of it.

Tipperary for me!

8 hours ago, bovril said:

An IPA by East London Brewery in the Harp, Cov Garden. Great brewery if anybody sees their stuff in London. 

Harp any good? strangely was reading two rave reviews about it today, not been for years but remember it being just another packed central London hole

10 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Harp any good? strangely was reading two rave reviews about it today, not been for years but remember it being just another packed central London hole

I like it. They have a good range of beers and I think it's got more character than most central London boozers. I think it often seems more packed than it is because of the weird location of the bar, the upstairs room is usually quite quiet. Plus it's 4.20 for a pint of Dark Star which is pretty good for central London. 

• Like 1

I paid £3.50 for a pint of something from Siren at the Draft House round the corner from old St last time I was there, very decent. Down the road from the Old Fountain in all which is one of my favourite London boozers, maybe just edged by the Cock Tavern in Hackney.

All ears for any decent London recs as I'm heading down there a week today. Anything similar to the latter pair mentioned above.

22 minutes ago, Langston said:

I paid £3.50 for a pint of something from Siren at the Draft House round the corner from old St last time I was there, very decent. Down the road from the Old Fountain in all which is one of my favourite London boozers, maybe just edged by the Cock Tavern in Hackney.

All ears for any decent London recs as I'm heading down there a week today. Anything similar to the latter pair mentioned above.

The Cock Tavern is great. The Cross Keyes is central and has Brodie's ales for under 4 pounds (at least the last time I went). If you're in that area, the Mansion House in Kennington has the Oakham range for around 4 quid a pint but isn't the most atmospheric place.

The Southampton Arms in Gospel Oak is one of the best pubs in London imo. That whole area has some good pubs, Tapping the Admiral in Kentish Town is good too. 

Edited to include the River House in Greenwich, if you're down that way. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, bovril said:

The Cock Tavern is great. The Cross Keyes is central and has Brodie's ales for under 4 pounds (at least the last time I went). If you're in that area, the Mansion House in Kennington has the Oakham range for around 4 quid a pint but isn't the most atmospheric place.

The Southampton Arms in Gospel Oak is one of the best pubs in London imo. That whole area has some good pubs, Tapping the Admiral in Kentish Town is good too. 

Edited to include the River House in Greenwich, if you're down that way. 

Cheers mate, I'll have a Google of the lot

• Like 1