Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

13 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Buxton is Tesco? That’s decent, they do some excellent beers.

14 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Went to tesco yesterday and they have loads more craft beers than before. Amongst others I picked up 2 Northern Monk beers, faith Hazy pale ale and New world IPA. Also got a Buxton Brewery king slayer double IPA which looks pretty legit.

Whats the abv on the double ipa,only asking as i went to the states a few years ago and they were 13 or 14 per cent!Not tried any Buxton yet,which Tesco's did you get them from as i might have to make a trip!

7 hours ago, January47 said:

Aldi have St Austell's Proper Job bottle conditioned IPA (5.6% abv) in 500 ml bottles for £1.49.

Superb beer, just the right amount of citrus hoppy and at about the right alcohol for a beer to my taste.

if you can find better value for money anywhere else let me know.

Thats a really good pint,they also do one called"Really Proper Job" which is about 7 percent and a bit more hoppy.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Whats the abv on the double ipa,only asking as i went to the states a few years ago and they were 13 or 14 per cent!Not tried any Buxton yet,which Tesco's did you get them from as i might have to make a trip!

It was Tesco in Ashby mate and this one is 8%. If you ever are in Ashby there’s a shop called Brew open Thursday-Sunday which sells all sorts of British craft beers.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2020 at 13:28, Voll Blau said:

Quick turnaround, brewery delivered to me just now.

A few bottles of ABK Hells, Dunkel and Edel in for the weekend then. Lovely.

That Hell stuff is on draft at a couple of gaffs in Nottingham, I'm not a lager drinker but it's sensational stuff. The Bodega has Steigl on draft too which is very sinkable

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That Hell stuff is on draft at a couple of gaffs in Nottingham, I'm not a lager drinker but it's sensational stuff. The Bodega has Steigl on draft too which is very sinkable

Gadabout (frustrating that cocktail bars and real ale pubs have better lagers than most boozers) has Hell in, probably the best lager you’ll get in Leicester aside from Braybrooke’s in TTL

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Gadabout (frustrating that cocktail bars and real ale pubs have better lagers than most boozers) has Hell in, probably the best lager you’ll get in Leicester aside from Braybrooke’s in TTL

I don't think I could step foot in it and not resent it being anything other than Taps mate! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah recall having it in the Canal House last summer?

One of my favourite pub memories was Taps. My mate had been banging on about this place for ages so we went down with a load of us. Non of us had ever poured a pint at this time so, having been here before, he grabs the first glass “let me show you lads” he says before smashing the glass into about 10 pieces and spilling about £10s worth of beer all over the shop. Good times.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Always go for the cask in there mate but wouldn't surprise me if they had it on, what a boozer to have five minutes walk from a flat that is by the way. All the Castle Rock gaffs are top tier

Was a baking hot day when I went so switched to ABK after trying a couple of the Castle Rock ones. Great choice in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

There's a gaff I never disliked but could be tremendous, lovely building, nice inside. Hopefully the change of hands will see it improve

Yeah one of those that you know if it was plonked in another city it would smash it.

I need to make more of an effort to drink that side of town.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Unabomber said:

It was Tesco in Ashby mate and this one is 8%. If you ever are in Ashby there’s a shop called Brew open Thursday-Sunday which sells all sorts of British craft beers.

Is that the old cafe,near the roundabout that had a whisky shop upstairs?Remember driving my dad there(he was a whisky collector....now he's in a care home!)With the Spoons up the road?

5 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Is that the old cafe,near the roundabout that had a whisky shop upstairs?Remember driving my dad there(he was a whisky collector....now he's in a care home!)With the Spoons up the road?

I dunno mate about the cafe but it’s up the road from a spoons. It’s at the top of Ashby high street. Well worth a visit if you are ever in the area. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

Probably not the only one but is anyone else just thinking about all the pubs that we could just pop in to and visit at any time and have a nice cold pint whenever we wanted and wishing we just didn't take it for granted?

lol I think the lockdown has done me.