Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Our local has set up a table booking service online. They're accepting walk ins too but I think this could be the norm for busier bars for the next while.

Having said that, I'm not sure how that would do down with the auld folk.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Think most pubs will end up operating like restaurants for a while. 

Locals because they will probably try to look after the regulars and in most cases, those people have a decent personal relationship with the staff so if you ring and say I'll be down between 5 and 8pm Friday after work they will look after you.

Bars and City pubs probably because people will be ringing and asking anyway. Who's gonna make a 10 mile or more trip to discover you can't get in and get a drink anywhere.

Downside to that is definitely that a night out in town for a bit of a bar crawl is gonna be off the agenda for the time being.

Decided that i could'nt be bothered to stand outside Asda,so went to my corner shop.8 cans of Debowe and 2 Karpackie. 7 percent and 9 percent for 12 quid.Don't know if any one on here has any experiance of polish beers...but they are really good!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manini said:

Had a couple of Hazy Jane last night. First few sips tasted like soda water but it’s got quite a fruity taste. Nice in the Sun. 

Moved on to a couple of tins of Jaipur which is fast becoming one of my favourites. Also tried the Saltaire Cascade the other day - what a drink that is. 

Jaipur on draft is great with a hot curry!

3 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Decided that i could'nt be bothered to stand outside Asda,so went to my corner shop.8 cans of Debowe and 2 Karpackie. 7 percent and 9 percent for 12 quid.Don't know if any one on here has any experiance of polish beers...but they are really good!

Oh ar, they make some no-nonsense gear alright. Always partial to a Tyskie, and got mashed on honey Perła on the way back from Brentford away.

Rate Warka too but it's a bit harder to find.

Anyway had a Wye Valley Hereford Pale Ale, and the Gold and Blonde ones from Backyard Brewery tonight. Had all before and they're still as good as I recalled.

Edited by Voll Blau

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Oh ar, they make some no-nonsense gear alright. Always partial to a Tyskie, and got mashed on honey Perła on the way back from Brentford away.

Rate Warka too but it's a bit harder to find.

Anyway had a Wye Valley Hereford Pale Ale, and the Gold and Blonde ones from Backyard Brewery tonight. Had all before and they're still as good as I recalled.

Went to Hereford in our l1 season and there was a lot of WYE Valley down there Butty Bach was my fave,and sort of remember getting pissed in The Barrells with a Hereford supporter.

Love my Eastern European lagers, often pop down narborough Road and get a selection. They've finally had my favourite recently, after not having it for about 6 months, Romanian lager Bergenbier, don't think its anything special but goes down a treat in this recent weather. Polish beers are usually my go to, if you're after Warka and in Leicester the shops on Narborough Road always have it. Having a Polish grandad helped me discover that whole beer market, some wonderful stuff.

Asda had a decent deal on proper Dutch heineken the other day, 12 650ml bottles for 14 quid. Bought 8 boxes.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Went to Hereford in our l1 season and there was a lot of WYE Valley down there Butty Bach was my fave,and sort of remember getting pissed in The Barrells with a Hereford supporter.

What a day. Pips Bruges (just) for my favourite away. Think we were in a Brains boozer near the ground.

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Was planning on driving to abbey park tomorrow then walking to the offie on Clarendon Park road but weather looks shit. Will prob still just drive there anyway.

Went on Wednesday, gem of a place. They had a Braybrooke delivery in that day as well 

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Went on Wednesday, gem of a place. They had a Braybrooke delivery in that day as well 

Yeah used to go every so often but not been for years. I have a good local shop now buts it’s expensive and they have a bigger selection at the offie. 

52 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

What a day. Pips Bruges (just) for my favourite away. Think we were in a Brains boozer near the ground.

yep,thats's where i met this guy....bought me a pint of Rev James and said he'd meet me back after.....and he did,then the barrels and not condoning it,but i drove back to leicester in more or less a straight line!

First Nottingham siddy centre "pub I actually go to every now and then" casualty of COVID announced, Overdraught up Canning Circus, a shame but not totally shocked - beer was decent but the vibe was never quite nailed, could feel cavernous at times and there are better boozers up there in the Sir John and the Organ Grinder.

Still, may she rest in P, baby!

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

First Nottingham siddy centre "pub I actually go to every now and then" casualty of COVID announced, Overdraught up Canning Circus, a shame but not totally shocked - beer was decent but the vibe was never quite nailed, could feel cavernous at times and there are better boozers up there in the Sir John and the Organ Grinder.

Still, may she rest in P, baby!

Sorry for your loss 

On 28/06/2020 at 15:33, Samilktray said:

3DAFECD1-33F1-4E63-845B-412EDEEBB158.jpeg

Wasn’t impressed with the top one but I’ve got the Bean me up stouty in the fridge still.

I think that shop is more expensive than other, Tesco sell Pineapple Express so if you like it that’s a better bet for that.

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Had some credit on Beer52 so bought some weird stuff:

Cake imperial stout

Smeerolie Mexicake imperial pastry stout

Peanut butter caramel crisp imperial stout

Rain shadow 2019 imperial stout

Sounds mental and at prices i'd never spend my own money on

I left Beer52 recently,  they do offer one month break from subscription but I am a slow drinker so I have preferred to be able to just pop on and order a box whenever I want to rather than having to pay for a monthly subscription.   Lost all of my credits  (only £4 but ah well)  which is a shame but I will just re-sign up again whenever I fancy a random box.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I left Beer52 recently,  they do offer one month break from subscription but I am a slow drinker so I have preferred to be able to just pop on and order a box whenever I want to rather than having to pay for a monthly subscription.   Lost all of my credits  (only £4 but ah well)  which is a shame but I will just re-sign up again whenever I fancy a random box.  

I've found them good during lockdown, otherwise i don't normally drink from home, or drink very slowly like you, and from Saturday onwards i likely will go back to this norm. However they have had so many free box offers on, i've managed to drain them to get 4 months' worth for free. I also find them excellent to haggle with, two of my boxes came a few days late, and they gave me credit to spend in the store (hence the weird beers above which i'd otherwise never have got). If you're bothered about the £4, give them a call and have a go at them, i bet they'll increase it to c.£10 if you ask.