Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Wasn’t impressed with the top one but I’ve got the Bean me up stouty in the fridge still.

I think that shop is more expensive than other, Tesco sell Pineapple Express so if you like it that’s a better bet for that.

Swear I paid about £7 for Pineapple Express so if it’s cheaper than that in Tesco I’ll be very cross. Wu Tangy Clan was about a tenner so Hopefully that doesn’t disappoint. 

Didn’t particularly rate the top 1 myself either, Bean Me Up Stouty is very decent tbf I think coffee stouts are generally quite good, can’t remember having a really bad 1 

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Swear I paid about £7 for Pineapple Express so if it’s cheaper than that in Tesco I’ll be very cross. Wu Tangy Clan was about a tenner so Hopefully that doesn’t disappoint. 

Didn’t particularly rate the top 1 myself either, Bean Me Up Stouty is very decent tbf I think coffee stouts are generally quite good, can’t remember having a really bad 1 

£7 lol it’s £4 in Tesco I’m sure.

Tell a lie, it’s £3 😂😂😂

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Haha 1

Watched the football with a Hook Norton Hooky Gold and St Peter's Pale Ale last night. Both very flavourful.

Moved on to Abbot Reserve in the second half, needed all 6.6% to help me through it. More suited for winter drinking I reckon so will return to it then.

Perfect draft machine arrived today, can of verdant and a 750ml bottle of tripel karmeliet in the fridge ready for tomorrow. Don’t need the pub just yet.

Who is off out tomorrow? 

Edited by Unabomber

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Perfect draft machine arrived today, can of verdant and a 750ml bottle of tripel karmeliet in the fridge ready for tomorrow. Don’t need the pub just yet.

Who is off out tomorrow? 

Not sure I’ll bother with pubs for a while yet to be fair.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Who is off out tomorrow? 

I’m braving it for one before I go and get my hair cut and to check out the rules and regs. Place I’m going has Saltaire Blonde and I think Amarillo on draft so I’m laughing. 

What kegs did you get for your PD? I imagine you’ll be chilling them for a day or so to get them good to go. 

1 minute ago, Manini said:

I’m braving it for one before I go and get my hair cut and to check out the rules and regs. Place I’m going has Saltaire Blonde and I think Amarillo on draft so I’m laughing. 

What kegs did you get for your PD? I imagine you’ll be chilling them for a day or so to get them good to go. 

I got Stella with it as a bundle which is currently chilling in the machine and will be good to go tomorrow lunchtime. Then I have a keg of franziskaner in the fridge. 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

I got Stella with it as a bundle which is currently chilling in the machine and will be good to go tomorrow lunchtime. Then I have a keg of franziskaner in the fridge. 

I’ve heard Stella is very good on them. Apparently it also helps to pour better if you chill your glass. I’m jealous please let us know how you get on with it. 

Just now, Manini said:

I’ve heard Stella is very good on them. Apparently it also helps to pour better if you chill your glass. I’m jealous please let us know how you get on with it. 

Yeah apparently it’s the stuff brewed over in Belgium so I’m looking forward to it as I like Stella in pubs over here anyway. I read that about the glass so I will make sure it’s had a few hours in the fridge. 

Had a nice bottle of bombardier tonight. Not usually a massive fan of many real ales but somebody bought me a box of classic ales and it was actually decent, enjoyed it. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

On 03/07/2020 at 17:55, Manini said:

The Stella was absolutely great. Now have a franziskaner and it’s perfect like you’d get from a German bar. This is one of the best things I’ve ever purchased.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 2

On Saturday lunch me and Mrs Para had a pint in the pub in Lutterworth, the one in the centre, by the main road. Can't recall the name. Not because I was pissed but my mind was pre-occupied with the amount she had spent in Waitrose. Never normally shop at Waitrose but they were the only place that had umami paste. (Don't ask me, but it's for a recipe). Lovely pint of Pedigree from the tap rather than the over-fizzed stuff in a can or bottle. Landlord was already getting pissed off with all the obstacles in place in order to allow them to open with Covid. Just us 2 and one other person sitting outside. None of the overwhelming rush that most were predicting.

Edited by Parafox

49 minutes ago, Parafox said:

On Saturday lunch me and Mrs Para had a pint in the pub in Lutterworth, the one in the centre, by the main road. Can't recall the name. Not because I was pissed but my mind was pre-occupied with the amount she had spent in Waitrose. Never normally shop at Waitrose but they were the only place that had umami paste. (Don't ask me, but it's for a recipe). Lovely pint of Pedigree from the tap rather than the over-fizzed stuff in a can or bottle. Landlord was already getting pissed off with all the obstacles in place in order to allow them to open with Covid. Just us 2 and one other person sitting outside. None of the overwhelming rush that most were predicting.

The Shambles?

• Like 1

On 05/07/2020 at 15:39, Unabomber said:

The Stella was absolutely great. Now have a franziskaner and it’s perfect like you’d get from a German bar. This is one of the best things I’ve ever purchased.

Nice mate. Get some Jaipur on order. 

5 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Thinking of getting one of these,can't see one under 250 quid,where did you get yours from and is it worth it?I'm partial to the Jaipur and franziskaner!

They are expensive and it took a lot of debating with myself until I went for it. I see it as an investment and it will last for years. So I would say it is worth it. I got mine from beer hawk and it was a Stella bundle so got the machine a keg of Stella and 2 glasses. They also have some very good beers available on it and hopefully they keep adding to it. I’ve ordered a hertog jan lager and leffe royal cascade ipa for the weekend both of which I’ve not had before and looking forward to try.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1