Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

On 05/07/2020 at 15:39, Unabomber said:

The Stella was absolutely great. Now have a franziskaner and it’s perfect like you’d get from a German bar. This is one of the best things I’ve ever purchased.

Lol they are fantastic. I’m currently on a keg of leffe royal !! 

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Went big and ordered 26 from Beers of Europe, never tried most of them. Will review in due course, but impressed with the service - it's here less than 48 hours after I ordered.

Yeah they’re pretty good I placed an order with them a few months ago. What have you gone for? Particular styles? 

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah they’re pretty good I placed an order with them a few months ago. What have you gone for? Particular styles? 

Mostly lagers and pilsners I've never tried before - but a few golden and pale ales in the mix, as well as a Dusseldorf Alt.

Largely German gear but stuff from Estonia, France, Switzerland, Austria, Canada and here too.

17 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Done similar and bought 20 bottles this morning.

What you gone for?

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Mostly lagers and pilsners I've never tried before - but a few golden and pale ales in the mix, as well as a Dusseldorf Alt.

Largely German gear but stuff from Estonia, France, Switzerland, Austria, Canada and here too.

What you gone for?

A selection of German Pilsners and Helles plus some Argentinian and Brazilian lagers on top. Oh and some bang average Greek Lager to reminisce over.

• Like 1

On 07/07/2020 at 06:23, SystonFox said:

Went to the star inn thrussington last night. Really nice to be back in a pub. Lovely gaff and a decent pint of draught Guinness too

I've not been in there for 20 odd years. Used to be a cracking pub.

Standouts from tonight:

Glaslyn Ale from Purple Moose. Had one of their beers once in North Wales and this one was even better.

Cairngorm Gold. Must be summat in the water they have in these mountainous bits of the UK. Makes for nice beer.

On 09/07/2020 at 10:01, Voll Blau said:

Went big and ordered 26 from Beers of Europe, never tried most of them. Will review in due course, but impressed with the service - it's here less than 48 hours after I ordered.

Beers of Europe is Mecca. You should try a few of the local Norfolk beers they stock - Beeston, Grain, Moon Gazer, Fox (Heacham) and 8 Sails are good breweries. Fox do a samphire Stout which thankfully doesn't taste of samphire. Elgoods Black Dog is a great mild, if that's your thing, and is possibly the most emblematic Fenland beer.  

Norfolk and East Anglia has really taken off in terms of breweries in recent years. Traditionally it was a bit of a wasteland. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, matty2702 said:

Aldi do some very decent little ipa’s at less than £1 a can...

Was always luck  of the draw in LIDL in all, sometimes you could stroll in and they'd have some absurd beers at low low prices. Picked up a load of Golden Draak, Piraat and Bornem once at next to nothing

blob.png.29f8c7d2110603fe641e06d2dcccb512.png

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Beers of Europe is Mecca. You should try a few of the local Norfolk beers they stock - Beeston, Grain, Fox (Heacham) and 8 Sails are good breweries. Fox do a samphire Stout which thankfully doesn't taste of samphire. Elgoods Black Dog is a great mild, if that's your thing, and is possibly the most emblematic Fenland beer.  

I've got a Moon Gazer Dewhopper Norfolk lager in the delivery. Will report back!

Had a break drinking in the week (**** me I needed it). Just cracked open a Duff lager and its quite pleasant sitting in the sun. German lager from lidl, the font on the can is simpsons-esque but the logo isn't. Not bad for the price.

Edited by Kopic