Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

If anybody knows where I can buy (physically, rather than t'interweb) then that would be a great aid in my happiness.

Sharp's Offshore Pilsner | Ocado

They do them sporadically in my local Co-Op.

If you like Cornish lager Morrisons do Korev in bottles and tins too. Got myself a dozen in for the Bank Holiday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

If anybody knows where I can buy (physically, rather than t'interweb) then that would be a great aid in my happiness.

Sharp's Offshore Pilsner | Ocado

Just about to go into a small coop I will report back by findings.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

They do them sporadically in my local Co-Op.

If you like Cornish lager Morrisons do Korev in bottles and tins too. Got myself a dozen in for the Bank Holiday.

19 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Just about to go into a small coop I will report back by findings.

None in my local co-op :(

Can get 12 online from Amazon but delivery not until next Tuesday. I need a weekend beer! 

Edited by SecretPro

On 11/05/2020 at 19:22, Costock_Fox said:

Depends what you like obviously but I would say flavoured ones are better.

If you like sweet things then I’d recommend trying Tiny Rebel’s Stay Puft.

The Real Ale Classroom are selling this at the moment. 

I'd never had it before, but managed to get a couple of pints in. Nice stuff.

Edited by RonnieTodger

52 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The Real Ale Classroom are selling this at the moment. 

I'd never had it before, but managed to get a couple of pints in. Nice stuff.

Yeah it’s decent. They are selling a load of their imperial ones from Wednesday and they tend to be even better.

Also, are they open today do you know?

Edited by Costock_Fox

13 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Walk past that pub every day, didnt realise they were doing that. Thanks for the tip.

They're doing 4 pint takeaways only. If you're local to that area, Rose & Crown, K.T and the Stag, Hampstead are also doing takeaway. Old Fountain in Old Street also opening over the weekends and the Lyric Soho are doing takeaway pints and allowing people to mill around outside it seems. 

Just now, bovril said:

They're doing 4 pint takeaways only. If you're local to that area, Rose & Crown, K.T and the Stag, Hampstead are also doing takeaway. Old Fountain in Old Street also opening over the weekends and the Lyric Soho are doing takeaway pints and allowing people to mill around outside it seems. 

Southampton Arms is on my list to visit next time I'm down there - the Cock Tavern, Wenlock and Old Fountain are three of my favourite boozers in the country. Never been to the Queens Head in King's Cross either which looks right up my street.

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

My wife got food poisoning from the stag the other week off one of their roasts. Shame as I really like it.

Can't wait for the lady Hamilton to open again soon. Awesome pub.

On 19/05/2020 at 10:53, Unabomber said:

Let me know how they are. The Taphouse is very close to where I live but I’ve never had any of their beers! 

Enjoyed the Bohemian Pilsner in particular. Went for a mixed box of pales they do and the bottles were very lively, but probably the closest I've come to beers which taste like they would in a pub since I've been trying deliveries from various places.