Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

48 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’ve said it before but once this lockdown ends anyone who is not too far from Ashby needs to get themselves to Brew. Amazing selection in can and on keg.

What's the best way to get there from Derby by public transport? Rail to Burton and bus it?

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

What's the best way to get there from Derby by public transport? Rail to Burton and bus it?

I don’t know mate cos that seems like a big diversion, however after looking there is no direct bus route so may be the best. You need to get a designated driver!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Having my first beers of the year tonight. Got some beers from Rudgate Brewery that I had for my birthday back in January. Not bad. 

The chocolate stout is nice in addition to the one I mentioned last night.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Tthe bus goes on a long rambling route with plenty of diversions although so I would avoid it if I was you!

I live in Walton on Trent and that bus never cease to amaze me when it popped up randomly everywhere while I am driving around the neighbouring areas in South Derbyshire/Leicestershire

Edited by The Blur

Booked tickets yesterday for Hop City in Leeds. Can’t wait it is July 9th/10th and will have all the best craft breweries from U.K. and some guest from USA oh and no restrictions. If anyone is interested book ASAP as selling out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Booked tickets yesterday for Hop City in Leeds. Can’t wait it is July 9th/10th and will have all the best craft breweries from U.K. and some guest from USA oh and no restrictions. If anyone is interested book ASAP as selling out.

Sounds decent. I got a flier through about a music and craft beer festival with a few big bands and decent breweries on, will try to find it.

Edit- here it is. https://bigfootfestival.co.uk

Edited by Costock_Fox

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds decent. I got a flier through about a music and craft beer festival with a few big bands and decent breweries on, will try to find it.

Edit- here it is. https://bigfootfestival.co.uk

Yeah I have seen that and it looks really cool, great location too. Also wouldn’t mind going to the Edinburgh one .

8 hours ago, lildave3 said:

After 6 months of debating it, I finally bought myself a perfect draft machine. Dangerous but boy is it a good bit of kit. 

Nice what beers you got?

35 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Nice what beers you got?

It came with a Stella bundle so that to start with but the main reason I wanted one was to have Jupiler so will get a few kegs of that. Also heard rave reviews on Lowenbrau so will try that at some point. 

40 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

It came with a Stella bundle so that to start with but the main reason I wanted one was to have Jupiler so will get a few kegs of that. Also heard rave reviews on Lowenbrau so will try that at some point. 

Yeah Lowenbrau is very nice. I have a Jupiler keg but haven’t had it yet, think I will stick that in this weekend. 

9 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah Lowenbrau is very nice. I have a Jupiler keg but haven’t had it yet, think I will stick that in this weekend. 

You got one too? May have mentioned it already I don’t always read the thread. Struggling with my pint pouring ability but it still tastes good 😂

7 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

You got one too? May have mentioned it already I don’t always read the thread. Struggling with my pint pouring ability but it still tastes good 😂

Yeah got one last lockdown. The first pint is a write off usually! Chilling and rinsing the glasses help. I have my jupiler chilling in the machine atm ready for tomorrow. Also now the stella in supermarkets is brewed over here and the ABV has dropped to 4.6% whereas the PD kegs are still the authentic Belgian brewed beer.

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah got one last lockdown. The first pint is a write off usually! Chilling and rinsing the glasses help. I have my jupiler chilling in the machine atm ready for tomorrow. Also now the stella in supermarkets is brewed over here and the ABV has dropped to 4.6% whereas the PD kegs are still the authentic Belgian brewed beer.

Yeah I’m not a huge lover of it normally but remember in Belgium it went down a treat, same with Jupiler hence my obsession.