Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

13 minutes ago, bovril said:

Which ones have you tried? There are some very small ones that produce incredible beers. I really like Birdhouse which is a very small brewer whom I think only sells in the Downham-Lynn-Wisbech industrial megapolis triangle. They (it's one bloke I think) produce very traditional ales that taste like they're supposed to. I'm not a huge fan of the experimental stouts or American style over-hopped stuff. Fox Brewery is also great in a kind of tap-your-best-bitter-into-a-bottle-and-sell-it kind of way. I think they're on the Beers of Europe website. Wagtail Brewery make one of the best bottled stouts I've ever had but again they're tiny. You can pick them up in the Real Ale Shop near Brancaster which is worth calling in to if you're in the area. 

Off the top of my head I've tried a few in recent months from Wolf, Moon Gazer, Barsham - plus a few different ones I can't remember from BoE, ones I picked up at the bottle shop in Sheringham and two or three different pints I tried at the Red Lion in Cromer.

Will have to search out the ones you mentioned. Still enjoy a standard pint of Woodforde's in most boozers over there too.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my free box of that Brewdog carbon neutral Lost Lager through this week. Had one with the match tonight, decent, but fairly average. 

Also got around to ordering a mixed case of Braybrooke so tried the session lager after. She’ll ding dang do for me Max. 

Strange how the setting/weather can affect your taste. I bought some Sol in the summer when it was on offer. Lovely, sitting outside in the warm with a bit to eat. Found some left in the garage so I put it in the fridge and drank it tonight. What a load of piss.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Strange how the setting/weather can affect your taste. I bought some Sol in the summer when it was on offer. Lovely, sitting outside in the warm with a bit to eat. Found some left in the garage so I put it in the fridge and drank it tonight. What a load of piss.

Sure you haven't got covid and finally got taste buds

On 10/02/2021 at 18:56, Soup said:

Ordered a stash of these from the Somerset brewery Yonder. The Offie had the Pilsner last summer but not had any in stock for ages.  That was awesome so thought I'd try a few more. 

20210210_164620.jpg

I had the Acapella back in September, really enjoyed it! 

There's a big article in one of today's papers about Paul Walsh (ex Charlton, Luton, Liverpool, Tottenham, Portsmouth, Man City).

He had problems after he stopped playing football in 1996, including the usual demon drink.

In the article, Walsh said "I stopped drinking on 2nd May 2016, and went to La Manga in Spain a month later."

I don't mean to be flippant ... but if I had chosen one day to stop drinking, it wouldn't have been that day!