Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

14 hours ago, Bert said:

And all the dickheads that drink it religiously and won’t consider that there are other beverages available 

The attitude that Brewdog make niche craft IPAs annoy me. They're mass produced and well marketed. That's all. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I would get on there ASAP as they have just added stock they found which include strawberry skies and the marshmallow smoothie sour.

Superb stuff-  I was planning on researching missus'  birthday gift today but this obviously and rightfully takes priority now.   Cheers for the heads up.

6 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Superb stuff-  I was planning on researching missus'  birthday gift today but this obviously and rightfully takes priority now.   Cheers for the heads up.

Haha yeah this has to take priority. No worries let me know what you go for.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Had the Vault City from the Tesco near me. Definitely good intros to them for anyone who doesn’t want to place an expensive order.

Never been into Sours but I haven’t had 1 in a while now. See if this changes my mind on them 

On 19/04/2021 at 12:52, Unabomber said:

I’ve heard that they are less sour than their standard stuff to not put people off. Hopefully pick up some myself soon.

Definitely less sour which is probably why I enjoyed it. Got all of the Tesco Cloudwaters for this weekend. 

29 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Very tempted to take an offer of redundancy and open up my own beer shop. This is probably the point where in 15 years time people say “ahhhhh, that’s how it all went wrong” lol 

I think the city centre is lacking an actual bottle shop (to my knowledge) brewklopedia was great until the owners opened Two Tailed Lion but I always thought the location hindered it 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Very tempted to take an offer of redundancy and open up my own beer shop. This is probably the point where in 15 years time people say “ahhhhh, that’s how it all went wrong” lol 

I've got a mate who quit his job to set up selling online if you wanted any advice on how he's doing and if he thinks there's a market for a shop.

Hes based in Loughborough.

9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I've got a mate who quit his job to set up selling online if you wanted any advice on how he's doing and if he thinks there's a market for a shop.

Hes based in Loughborough.

Sounds good thanks mate, although I’m sure he wouldn’t be too keen to help a potential competitor.

The one big question I have got is what % of the single unit price is knocked off for a bulk buy. I need to sit down and do the maths.

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds good thanks mate, although I’m sure he wouldn’t be too keen to help a potential competitor.

The one big question I have got is what % of the single unit price is knocked off for a bulk buy. I need to sit down and do the maths.

I'm sure he wouldn't be to fussed to be fair if you wanted to chat 

Drop me a message and I'll get you some details. His model is that he buys from lots of small breweries nation wide mainly cans and bottles then sells on. But means instead of someone paying for delivery from 5 or 6 breweries to get the drinks they like they buy via him and only get 1 delivery charge.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Get yourself down Brew and then just copy what they are doing but in Leicester. 

• Like 1

Does anyone homebrew? 

Inspired by a friend, and recalling my dad's home brewed IPA back in the 80s, I've taken it up this year. 

So far I've produced a decent Belgian dubbel and a delicious session IPA with areal fruitiness balanced with citra hops.  I've currently got a helles on the go 👍🏼

I had a bit of kit off my dad and have invested in more, but it's not been too expensive. I've also been saving empty bottles for months!

It's fairly simple to do, just needs a bit of care and patience. 

So far I've just used kits with malt extract, yeast and hops. My next one though will be a black IPA from a mini mash kit which will require me to mash some dried malts at 65C for 1 hour. That'll take a bit more concentration as I'll just be using a stockpot on the hob with a jam thermometer! 

There's so many different kits and recipes available these days. So far it's been fun and I've been really impressed with the results :D

Oh, and I don't have a beard, though I admit to shaving a lot less since lockdown began! 

Off to Cornwall for a much needed week off on Monday after the most horrendous 2 months of work I’ve probably ever had so I’ve got an 18 pint box of Raspberry Ripple Snail Bank cider and a box of Vault City beers.

Looking forward to starting on them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Off to Cornwall for a much needed week off on Monday after the most horrendous 2 months of work I’ve probably ever had so I’ve got an 18 pint box of Raspberry Ripple Snail Bank cider and a box of Vault City beers.

Looking forward to starting on them.

Enjoy mate 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Horrible tastng and flat Moretti at Lane 7 ordered on my phone and served by a mongy 14 year old in a plastic glass. The world is gone

That could easily be a Sleaford Mods lyric :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2