Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

10 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Brew By Numbers! 

Looks a good beer. I recently got Brew by Numbers subscription box off groupon. They have a deal atm where you can get it for £19 (usual price £35 per month) you get 12 beers and you can then cancel anytime. It arrived this week and the selection was well worth it.

BF656312-11E1-46FD-8471-D3B455151683.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Looks a good beer. I recently got Brew by Numbers subscription box off groupon. They have a deal atm where you can get it for £19 (usual price £35 per month) you get 12 beers and you can then cancel anytime. It arrived this week and the selection was well worth it.

BF656312-11E1-46FD-8471-D3B455151683.jpeg

I’ve had some great beers from them, that looks great enjoy mate 

• Like 1

Cloudwater jumped the shark then. 

I understand that they need the support when they stick to mass production but it makes the ‘ethical’ waffle they often come out just become utter bullshit. 

Cloudwater recently threw their dummies out the pram because they demanded that all independent stockists must have their beer kept in fridges. They famously were charging silly amounts for delivery to your gaff when ordering direct because of the need to keep the beer cool 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Cloudwater jumped the shark then. 

I understand that they need the support when they stick to mass production but it makes the ‘ethical’ waffle they often come out just become utter bullshit. 

Cloudwater recently threw their dummies out the pram because they demanded that all independent stockists must have their beer kept in fridges. They famously were charging silly amounts for delivery to your gaff when ordering direct because of the need to keep the beer cool 

I really dislike brewdog and the holier than thou preacher that runs it. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t like BrewDog either although some of their bars used to be pretty good.

Similar here really - they managed to successfully alienate rather well but if I’m struggling for somewhere to drink - you know they are going to have the likes of Buxton on tap. 

I hate the term ‘craft beer’ but I find it tiring that ‘craft beer’ breweries promote independence like it’s something they have ‘created’. 

They all eventually have to take the big money because it’s required to increase your production to meet the demand require to be fully stocked across the country on tap. The trade off is that this gives chance to be a bit more creative when it comes to one off editions/beers. 

Despite the lectures of ‘craft beer breweries’ traditional Cask breweries have remained local, independent and providing pubs outside of the chains for years. Someone like Bathams or Enville in the Black Country remain fiercely regional - these are the original breweries whom run as small businesses quite well.

Hence when Cloudwater et al ‘jump shark’, it gets a bit on my goat. Brewdog worst of the lot - using buzzwords about being free of ‘big business’ yet they have ownership in something like 200 pubs/bars, 3 major supply plants now and trying to fund a hotel. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Similar here really - they managed to successfully alienate rather well but if I’m struggling for somewhere to drink - you know they are going to have the likes of Buxton on tap. 

I hate the term ‘craft beer’ but I find it tiring that ‘craft beer’ breweries promote independence like it’s something they have ‘created’. 

They all eventually have to take the big money because it’s required to increase your production to meet the demand require to be fully stocked across the country on tap. The trade off is that this gives chance to be a bit more creative when it comes to one off editions/beers. 

Despite the lectures of ‘craft beer breweries’ traditional Cask breweries have remained local, independent and providing pubs outside of the chains for years. Someone like Bathams or Enville in the Black Country remain fiercely regional - these are the original breweries whom run as small businesses quite well.

Hence when Cloudwater et al ‘jump shark’, it gets a bit on my goat. Brewdog worst of the lot - using buzzwords about being free of ‘big business’ yet they have ownership in something like 200 pubs/bars, 3 major supply plants now and trying to fund a hotel. 

I hope consumers are starting to see through this. The 'independence' argument is nonsense as you point out.

2 hours ago, The Blur said:

I am looking at buying some Vault City beers.  Any particular recommendations?

They mix up what is on sale a fair bit. If you can get Strawberry Skies for me that is their flagship beer but as Una says, you won’t get a bad one.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

They mix up what is on sale a fair bit. If you can get Strawberry Skies for me that is their flagship beer but as Una says, you won’t get a bad one.

Yeah they release new beers every fortnight I think. I have a few of the new ones in but haven’t drank them yet (dry April) so can’t review. One of their recent ones is Pies in the Skies which is a mix up of their strawberry skies and double crust raspberry pie. That sounds epic. 

• Thanks 1

I went to the pub today for the first time since forever. 

Booked an hour in the garden. Nothing fancy. No IPAs or artisan brewery stuff. A simple pint of Estrella. Cold and crisp. Damn good pint, man.

Feels good. It’s the little things.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3

On 16/04/2021 at 14:19, Chocolate Teapot said:

I really dislike brewdog and the holier than thou preacher that runs it. 

And all the dickheads that drink it religiously and won’t consider that there are other beverages available 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Oh man just buy them all. Where are you looking to buy from if you let me know that I will recommend any. 

I have only really started to look at this today.   Started with their main website but got sidetracked so I haven't really casted my net too far yet.  

7 hours ago, The Blur said:

I have only really started to look at this today.   Started with their main website but got sidetracked so I haven't really casted my net too far yet.  

Their site is where I tend to order from as free shipping on orders over £30 which is good. 

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Their site is where I tend to order from as free shipping on orders over £30 which is good. 

Fair dos.   That is good considering I am pretty much tempted to order the whole lot 😂

56 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Fair dos.   That is good considering I am pretty much tempted to order the whole lot 😂

I would get on there ASAP as they have just added stock they found which include strawberry skies and the marshmallow smoothie sour.