Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

17 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

On a Bolten Alt. Love a good Alt, closest thing you get to real ale in Germany.

Now we're talking. When I go home that is the weapon of choice. Bolten is one of the local breweries back home (definitely my number 1). 10 min drive from where the family live and I have once been to the brewery.

If you like the Alt I can also recommend the Ur-Alt and their Landbier is also worth a try. For the light beer drinkers the Helles does a good job too. As you can tell, I like all of their beers.

I normally get my dad to bring a crate back when he goes over in the car, however, it's been a while now since that was possible. It's quite hard to get over here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Now we're talking. When I go home that is the weapon of choice. Bolten is one of the local breweries back home (definitely my number 1). 10 min drive from where the family live and I have once been to the brewery.

If you like the Alt I can also recommend the Ur-Alt and their Landbier is also worth a try. For the light beer drinkers the Helles does a good job too. As you can tell, I like all of their beers.

I normally get my dad to bring a crate back when he goes over in the car, however, it's been a while now since that was possible. It's quite hard to get over here.

I've only really had Alt in Dusseldorf before (tried the one Fiege do in Bochum too) and absolutely love it. Will have a look out for the other beers you mention!

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I've only really had Alt in Dusseldorf before (tried the one Fiege do in Bochum too) and absolutely love it. Will have a look out for the other beers you mention!

Dusseldorf is great for Altbier. Lots of choice, plenty of breweries. Some are better than others (Uerige and Fuechschen probably my favourites). I am hoping to finally go over with my mates (potentially this time next year). Was meant to be for my 30th but Covid was the party pooper.

So many breweries in the region (and most regions in Germany) it drives you mad trying to sample lots of them and keep on top.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Brewed by Brewdog though which might not be great

Yeah but using Cloudwaters recipe etc. I think it’s a fine line for some of these breweries when deciding to sell in the supermarkets. Most are saying Cloudwater have sold out. Hopefully they continue brewing their quality stuff.

21 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

For me, the more variety I can get locally the better. Yeah would be nice if they stuck to just local independents like The Offie but they do charge a fair bit more.

Yeah for me being able to buy good beer in the local supermarket won’t stop me buying great beer from my local bottle shop/online. Looking forward to trying these.