Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Final beers of the year - Finished early so I could watch Tangled on Disney+ and have an early night.

Pressure Drop - Lunar Park (very nice neipa)

Orval (As good as I remembered)

Burning Sky - Shake Some Action (named after the song, I knew it!)

Happy new year

• Like 4

Which county boozer has the best selection of Leicestershire beers do we reckon? Not a pub but Bryter moon deli in Silver Arcade has the best selection of local cans I’ve seen, better than The Offie, surprisingly 

10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Put an order in with Kirkstall, if the mountain (LS postcodes) won't come to Mohammed (me, your boy MTWG) then Mohammed must go to the mountain my brothers 

Careful, you’ve made Big Mo into a form there and some folk don’t like that 

• Haha 2

Had a box of festive ales bought for me for Xmas. There were 3 bottles of Greene King mild. When I was a kid lots of blokes drank mild, you never see it now. 

Not bad actually, bit like porter. 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Had a box of festive ales bought for me for Xmas. There were 3 bottles of Greene King mild. When I was a kid lots of blokes drank mild, you never see it now. 

Not bad actually, bit like porter. 

My Dad always goes on about mild, and how the stuff today is not the same as once sold.

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

My Dad always goes on about mild, and how the stuff today is not the same as once sold.

If you ever see any on draught, probably only in a working men's club, I'd give it a swerve. It's probably been in the pipes for weeks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

If you ever see any on draught, probably only in a working men's club, I'd give it a swerve. It's probably been in the pipes for weeks. 

Lol. Me and my mates tried Mild in our teens, circa 1970. We used to say it was the beer from the slop tray under the tap. Done a bit of Googling and it seems you can get Mild beer kits that you brew at home. I think Mild was a lower alcohol beer, quite dark in colour and was quite sweet.

• Like 1

Just now, Parafox said:

Lol. Me and my mates tried Mild in our teens, circa 1970. We used to say it was the beer from the slop tray under the tap. Done a bit of Googling and it seems you can get Mild beer kits that you brew at home. I think Mild was a lower alcohol beer, quite dark in colour and was quite sweet.

Yeah I seem to remember it was around 3% or something 

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

My dad used to say they tipped the slops in the mild, he also said they emptied the Ash trays into it as well. lol how they got in a sealed barrel, I don't know. 

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Still pretty popular in the West Midlands iirc - Holden's mild is very easy drinking like most of their other bevs if you're into cask. Bathams do a goodun in all.

36 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Still pretty popular in the West Midlands iirc - Holden's mild is very easy drinking like most of their other bevs if you're into cask. Bathams do a goodun in all.

Both king breweries of the Black Country. Batham’s Best Bitter is a nectar 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Both king breweries of the Black Country. Batham’s Best Bitter is a nectar 

Big fan of both mate - Golden Glow by Holden's is like drinking squash, only made the pilgrimage to the Great Western at the start of March just before things got serious, what a place.

Had Batham's Best at their boozer in Hagley, ridiculous stuff like you said, almost sweet, so easy to get down you.

I know the Ale Wagon in town gets both on fairly regularly but they don't last long.